• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's the Catholic Church.

Maybe we should have partnered up with them. We could be the NYC Saints and try to lure Kaka away from Orlando.
Kaka may be a saint, but he's a member of a catholic congregation, not the Catholic church. Surprisingly, I would say based on his being a Brazilian, he's an evangelical protestant, as are most of the current extremely religious Brazilian players (Luiz and Thiago for sure).

Yes, I just Falastur Falastur -ed your ass.

Kaka may be a saint, but he's a member of a catholic congregation, not the Catholic church. Surprisingly, I would say based on his being a Brazilian, he's an evangelical protestant, as are most of the current extremely religious Brazilian players (Luiz and Thiago for sure).

Yes, I just Falastur Falastur -ed your ass.
Wikipedia confirms, with citation to a NYT article. It checks out. Way to go Cliffy.

Well, you don't expect him to bow to a Pope that roots for Argentina do you?

Reactions: Kjbert
Because it hasn't been mentioned in at least the last 10 pages.....

Aqueduct...........................................................................................

Reactions: Goodfella
Because it hasn't been mentioned in at least the last 10 pages.....

Aqueduct...........................................................................................
Queens only has two sites that would be acceptable to a lot of people:

Flushing Meadows
(Easy access to 7 Train, LIRR, Grand Central, Long Island Express Way & Van Wyck)

Sunny side yards
(Easy access to 7, E, M, R, N, G & Q trains, LIRR, Long Island Expressway, countless bus lines & amazing views of Manhattan)

I've been saying for a long time that Sunnyside Yards makes the most sense. There would be enough room for a stadium, parking, park space and low-income/affordable housing to entice DeBlasio to sign off on it.

I just looked it up on Google Maps and the site works for me. Then again, coming over from Staten Island everyplace is rather easily accessible from lower Manhattan........roughly 15-16 stops on the R from Whitehall Street to Queens Plaza/Queens Blvd.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I've been saying for a long time that Sunnyside Yards makes the most sense. There would be enough room for a stadium, parking, park space and low-income/affordable housing to entice DeBlasio to sign off on it.

I thought Sunnyside Yards redevelopment was already decided. Or am I dead wrong about that?

If that's an option, that would be great. I still like Broadway Junction too. These two sites are 10 year projects though, easy.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Reactions: FootyLovin
Queens only has two sites that would be acceptable to a lot of people:

Flushing Meadows
(Easy access to 7 Train, LIRR, Grand Central, Long Island Express Way & Van Wyck)

Sunny side yards
(Easy access to 7, E, M, R, N, G & Q trains, LIRR, Long Island Expressway, countless bus lines & amazing views of Manhattan)

Acceptable to a lot of people doesn't really matter. It is where they can build. Easiest place is Aqueduct.