Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
"We want to be in one of the boroughs. In a short time we will have some updates to share but at the moment we are focused on playing here."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33535637
While still very vague, this is the most specifically optimistic thing someone from the team has said about the stadium since they thought they had deal in the Bronx and Queens.

I agree that 23-year-old dude is way off, and a kid his age should know better. I live right by the school in my (Westchester) town, and walk by the fields on my way home and get to see the various pickup games going on. People are out there doing a lot of different things, but overwhelmingly they are playing soccer. Yes, people are tossing the baseball, playing touch football, lots of lacrosse, even some rugby - but when you combine every other activity, they together don't add up to the number that are kicking a round ball toward a net.

I disagree.

Its sort of like Disney on a smaller scale.

You mean to sit there and tell me, you don't think that Real Madrid and Barcelona have raised the profile of the cities they reside in? Manchester United hasn't raised the profile of the city they reside...next to ?

They're advertising. Immense advertising. God knows how many thousands or even MILLIONS of people have gone to Manchester for United (and maybe City now) over the years? Who the hell would pick Manchester as a vacation destination otherwise?

You don't think Green Bay's benefited from having the Packers? Or South Bend for having Notre Dame football?

No one is going to see the taxis or the hotels or even the restaurants there, so your analogy is total crap.
For your information mate man utd do not come from Manchester.

I'm definitely planning on going to Manchester some year to see City play. See? It works.
Are you going to see them because they are in Etihad or would you go to see them if they were still playing at Maine Road?

That's the point. Not that teams don't generate revenue and prestige for cities, but that new stadiums don't make incremental impact.

Almost every study that has ever been done indicates that new stadiums and new teams generally move enetertainment spending and job around -- they don't create them.

It's a little dry, but if you're interested in the topic, you can't beat this book:

http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/product/Field-of-Schemes,673388.aspx

Reactions: Goodfella and joe
That's the point. Not that teams don't generate revenue and prestige for cities, but that new stadiums don't make incremental impact.

Almost every study that has ever been done indicates that new stadiums and new teams generally move enetertainment spending and job around -- they don't create them.

It's a little dry, but if you're interested in the topic, you can't beat this book:

http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/product/Field-of-Schemes,673388.aspx

Never read that book, but some economists from Holy Cross put out a great paper on this subject. It's easy to read and covers pretty much all the arguments that proponents of public spending on stadiums make (most of which we've seen in this thread). The conclusion is that new stadiums generally do not result in an increase in local economic activity. Even in the rare cases where they do, the return on public investment is still less than it would be from equal amounts of investment into other types of infrastructure or subsidies. The only argument for building these new stadiums is the "Quality of Life" argument, and that's a legitimate public policy question- but as the authors of the paper state, "Sports may make a city happy, but they are unlikely to make a city rich."
http://college.holycross.edu/RePEc/spe/MathesonBaade_FinancingSports.pdf

"We want to be in one of the boroughs. In a short time we will have some updates to share but at the moment we are focused on playing here."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33535637

I knew something was odd when Soriano decided to stay in New York this summer.. Him, Glick and Edelman need to commit the club to something soon. Just looking at plots of land will not get anything built.

Yeah all three of them are here for the summer, hope to hear something soon!

Glick and Edelman lives in NY.. Soriano uses the CFG executive apartment.

On a sidenote I noticed that the UAE sports site sport360 had an article saying that CFG had spent a billion dollars on NYCFC... :eek:
After looking at the non-translated arabic text I think they meant "allocated" really which makes no sense unless we put a stadium in the picture.

IMHO that is..

On a sidenote I noticed that the UAE sports site sport360 had an article saying that CFG had spent a billion dollars on NYCFC... :eek:
After looking at the non-translated arabic text I think they meant "allocated" really which makes no sense unless we put a stadium in the picture.

IMHO that is..
I do believe I remember one of the execs responding to a question on investment with "not much change on a billion" after expansion fee's, startup costs and stadium is all said and done.

IMHO that is..
If we ship slave labor over... Awe fuck it. I just want three DPs.

Might be nothing but haven´t there been a lot of De Blasio around NYCFC lately?...

CK85N8tUAAA65qn.jpg

His kid is a huge fan, and he's indulging his son. Whether that leads to a stadium deal is TBD.

I can also imagine that a political animal like De Blasio would have told everyone involved to take a break from the stadium plans for a while when he took office... Time to see if there really was demand, interest etc etc.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well, there can't be any doubt that the club is paying its respects, so to speak. They badly need him on their side to run the political interference necessary to get a stadium built.

Reactions: Kjbert
Might be nothing but haven´t there been a lot of De Blasio around NYCFC lately?...

CK85N8tUAAA65qn.jpg

- He's Italian. Therefore he loves Pirlo.
- His kid loves the team. So he's taking his kid to the games. I wonder if they sit in the CFG box. And if they don't who is paying for these tickets. Not my taxpayer dollars #NotMyMayor
- However, his son is going to Yale, so maybe de Blasio puts the stadium in New Haven, CT, so the kid can go to games for the next four years close to campus.
- There was also a Dominican parade in the Bronx the same day, so this was a pit stop.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
If they have to get him box seats to every home game so it facilitates the stadium so be it but goddamn it get done AFAP.

- He's Italian. Therefore he loves Pirlo.
- His kid loves the team. So he's taking his kid to the games. I wonder if they sit in the CFG box. And if they don't who is paying for these tickets. Not my taxpayer dollars #NotMyMayor
- However, his son is going to Yale, so maybe de Blasio puts the stadium in New Haven, CT, so the kid can go to games for the next four years close to campus.
- There was also a Dominican parade in the Bronx the same day, so this was a pit stop.

actually he's German - Warren Wilhelm

Reactions: Gavin23 and Paul