• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
actually he's German - Warren Wilhelm
- He's Italian. Therefore he loves Pirlo.
- His kid loves the team. So he's taking his kid to the games. I wonder if they sit in the CFG box. And if they don't who is paying for these tickets. Not my taxpayer dollars #NotMyMayor
- However, his son is going to Yale, so maybe de Blasio puts the stadium in New Haven, CT, so the kid can go to games for the next four years close to campus.
- There was also a Dominican parade in the Bronx the same day, so this was a pit stop.

He half he is using the name of his mom's family.

community opposition shouldnt stop anything.

most of the "opposition" is just the old people bitching (from my past expirences)

20-30 years they'll be out of the question

most of the "opposition" is just the old people bitching (from my past expirences)

Yeah, an NYCFC stadium is just like the iPhone. People don't know what they want. We tell them what they want.

You need to know the truth about old people: they are self-renewing. Yes, in 20-30 years all of today's retired people will be pushing their zimmerframes around the great retirement home in the sky, but they will have been replaced by a whole new and equally vitriolic generation of retirees who are just itching to complain about something.

I look forward to living long enough to see CP_Scouse CP_Scouse complain about today's youth. It will come sooner than he can possibly realize.
You need to know the truth about old people: they are self-renewing. Yes, in 20-30 years all of today's retired people will be pushing their zimmerframes around the great retirement home in the sky, but they will have been replaced by a whole new and equally vitriolic generation of retirees who are just itching to complain about something.
I just look forward to having more shit to complain about.

I think CFG needs to stop the bs and spend the money. They have unlimited funds and with NYCFC they have a very profitable and growing business. The city is resistant to tax layer money involved so do it on your own.

The stadium has to be in NYC except Staten Island. It also has to have access to Mass Transportation. Stadium capacity crowd should be 30 to 35K maximum. It should be a soccer only facility and work deals with local colleges for their use.

Some people here seem pretty delusional about our attendance numbers.

Yes, we average 29,081. But we've only been above this number three times. Also, teams typically see a second year drop in attendance, settling in a little lower that the first year average.

Let's give our fans the benefit of the doubt and say we'll avoid the second year drop. Let's also add a rule stating we want to sell out over half our games. Here are out attendance numbers in our 11 home games this year, sorted largest to smallest:

26211 (median)

If we wanted to sell out at least half our games this year, so far a 26,211 seat stadium would be the magic number.

We might even shoot for higher than a 50% sellout rate. For this reason, I could see the target stadium size anywhere from 22,000 to 27,000. I do think we need to leave room for expansion, because nobody is going to want to go thru another stadium site search in 20 years. But our initial stadium is going to be a bit cozier than the numbers people throw around in here.

GET OFFA MY LAWN KID!

Yes, we average 29,081. But we've only been above this number three times. Also, teams typically see a second year drop in attendance, settling in a little lower that the first year average.

Let's give our fans the benefit of the doubt and say we'll avoid the second year drop. Let's also add a rule stating we want to sell out over half our games. Here are out attendance numbers in our 11 home games this year, sorted largest to smallest:

26211 (median)

If we wanted to sell out at least half our games this year, so far a 26,211 seat stadium would be the magic number.

We might even shoot for higher than a 50% sellout rate. For this reason, I could see the target stadium size anywhere from 22,000 to 27,000. I do think we need to leave room for expansion, because nobody is going to want to go thru another stadium site search in 20 years. But our initial stadium is going to be a bit cozier than the numbers people throw around in here.

I have no problem with a raucous, close to the field seating arrangement in the 25/27 range with world class facilities. The only draw back is I don't want to price myself out of my seats. If the team can draw over capacity our seat prices will rise dramatically. There are pros and cons to both. If they plan on building a 45k stadium, we can be waiting a lot longer though. Regardless. I look at some of these other stadiums and it excited me to know what it would be like to be in a real stadium with a real soccer experience. I don't care how cool YS is and how much people love it....it is not a real soccer experience. It's a soccer game at a baseball stadium.

Has there ever been anything mentioned from the team/CFG about capacity? Even in the beginning stages?

I have no problem with a raucous, close to the field seating arrangement in the 25/27 range with world class facilities. The only draw back is I don't want to price myself out of my seats. If the team can draw over capacity our seat prices will rise dramatically. There are pros and cons to both. If they plan on building a 45k stadium, we can be waiting a lot longer though

Reason I keep championing a 30-35k stadium is because we have shown that, we can pack that out regularly No problem and really 30k is best and the rest can watch on TV which is what the Team, the League and what we all would really want. Our ratings on YES have been good so far, but we need to keep the ratings up as well and that is a factor when figuring out the stadium having a great stadium is also great for TV.

26211 (median)

OR use safe standing seats at the goal ends of the stadium to vary seating depending on the game