Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, if B it has to be in the inner outer boroughs, for lack of more elegant phrasing. You're not going to get 35k out to JFK for soccer every week.

I say b too, if it's Manhattan it'd be up by Columbia which is basically the outer boroughs anyway. Can't see where else in Manhattan they can fit a stadium.

I say b too, if it's Manhattan it'd be up by Columbia which is basically the outer boroughs anyway. Can't see where else in Manhattan they can fit a stadium.
On top of the Penn Station train yard, where they were going to build the Jets stadium. And note that the 7 train now has a station there, supposedly opening any minute now.

Reactions: Kjbert
On top of the Penn Station train yard, where they were going to build the Jets stadium. And note that the 7 train now has a station there, supposedly opening any minute now.
They didn't build one there for some reason. Are we sure that we have the political clout after 1 year to build on top of a rail yard?

They didn't build one there for some reason. Are we sure that we have the political clout after 1 year to build on top of a rail yard?
They didn't build the Jets stadium because it would've cost $80 bazillion. But a soccer stadium would be 1/3 the size and a lot less expensive. Plus they've already built the subway, and that was one of the large objections (and one of the large cost factors).

Reactions: JayH and Z4CH3B99

If that site is still available then yeah that could be an option. I also think if they were going to put a 70k football stadium then that could handle 35 k too. I thought they built a condo complex on that site though after the Jets stadium fell through.

If that site is still available then yeah that could be an option. I also think if they were going to put a 70k football stadium then that could handle 35 k too. I thought they built a condo complex on that site though after the Jets stadium fell through.
They did build a ton of luxury high rise buildings but there's still some space inside the loop of the High Line. Might be a little tighter than I thought though.

Red Bull Arena compared to Hudson Yards:
http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;4...on, NJ;New York City;hybrid;false;false;false

For comparison, near Citi Field:
http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#16;4...son, NJ;Flushing, NY;hybrid;false;false;false

Sunnyside Yard:
http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#16;4...on, NJ;Sunnyside, NY;hybrid;false;false;false

Don't know where the Bronx site is exactly so if someone wants to do one of these and post it that'd be cool. Either that or let me know where it is and I'd be happy to do it.

Don't waste your time thinking about the Hudson Yards, the entire site is under development. The scope of this project is enormous.

Hudson_Yards_New_New_York_Towers_For_Manhattan_world_of_architecture_worldofarchi_01.jpg

VH_JerseyDuskMasterplan.wpc.jpg

This is the future layout of the western rail yard (closest to the Westside Highway/Hudson River) that you may assume is available because unlike the eastard rail yard is not under constriction. This is part of phase II of construction and won't start till 2018.
p1mjlaw.png

Last edited:
Don't waste your time thinking about the Hudson Yards, the entire site is under development. The scope of this project is enormous.
Ah, well in that case, never mind. Kind of suspected that, although there's been no sign yet of any development on that side yet. Makes sense though. Thanks.

Hmmm. That'd be a really tight squeeze. Not sure how you'd fit a stadium in there without moving the Metro North station. Maybe that's why the GAL site hasn't really been pursued for a while. Looks like it's just too small.

It's a good location, it's just not a good site.

I
http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;40.73647537961125;-74.15034351133117;40.746760065875826;-73.96944179972537;harrison nj;New York City;hybrid;false;false;false

This was brought up earlier in the thread. Not sure it'd be possible with the space, or blocking the view of the East River for just about everyone in Tudor City.

I live on 40th and second and I saw your post so I decided to go take a gander myself.

From my on the ground view, it's just not big enough.

It's big enough, the original reporting said it was 10-acre site would include three parking lots, a portion of 153rd Street, and GAL Manufacturing.