Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
My preference is the Bronx site. And the longer we stay at Yankee Stadium, the more the team becomes part of that community.

I still think the best spot would be by Citi Field because there is a ton of space there.

I'm still banking on a Central Park stadium. I mean if Kreis is crazy enough to start Grabavoy over Mix and Poku, anything is possible in this city.
Hey, there's an art museum and a zoo in the park, why not a stadium too? I like it!

Hey, there's an art museum and a zoo in the park, why not a stadium too? I like it!
We should build ON TOP of the Zoo.

Probably the best bet for a stadium would be to put it in one of the corners, right? Get it out of the way and keep most of the rest of the Park intact.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Anyone know what's around 16th street between Avenue C and the FDR Drive?

Yes I'm bored and looking at Google maps.

Reactions: Kjbert
We've discussed this too. It seems all the conversations are repeating themselves. It's going to be Etihad Stadium. It will be nicknamed the Sheikh Shack. It can't be called City Field or Stadium because of Citi Field.

Oh my bad, havent visited this thread that often.

Not impossible.

Such a tease.
Honestly, I couldn't care less where within the five boroughs the Etihad could be. I wouldn't mind ... everybody else would... if it were on Governors Island. The real issue is how close is the club to making a siting announcement and giving a timeframe for its opening?

Don't be a tease. It's so unattractive.

Not trying to be a tease. Just saying it isn't impossible. It hasn't happened to this point because there is so much money involved in restoring the pilings under the pier and then building a modern stadium on top of that. It's a eternity of money to do it. Nobody has done it yet because it hasn't been worth the investment long term. So it's not impossible, there just has to be some compromise on both sides to make it happen.