Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Don't take me too seriously Rox. Just messing around.

Is the City and the Trust willing to concede on the location if somebody else picks up the tab? Honestly, I thought the Forces of NIMBY were more of an issue than the engineering of the site.

Pier 40 would be the perfect location.

not convinced any politician is standing in the way, just that none have taking it up as their cause.I think the obstacles are the combination of right spot and right price. They found the right spot (GAL) but the price isn't right.
You misspelled Aqueduct there. No worries though.

Such a tease.
Honestly, I couldn't care less where within the five boroughs the Etihad could be. I wouldn't mind ... everybody else would... if it were on Governors Island. The real issue is how close is the club to making a siting announcement and giving a timeframe for its opening?

Don't be a tease. It's so unattractive.
Governor's Island has way too many issues with getting people in and out. Plus it is primarily state land which adds more problems not less. Just not a good site by any means.

Reactions: Tiger Jones
Anyone know what's around 16th street between Avenue C and the FDR Drive?

Yes I'm bored and looking at Google maps.

Around that area is ConEdison plant. It looks ugly maybe the neighbors can be convinced that a stadium will make their hood look beautiful. On 15th and 16th St, and Second Avenue there are several hospitals: Hospital for Joint Disease , Beth Israel and further East- south is Loisada( Lower East Side Avenues A, B, C) neighborhood which used to house low income NewYorker's and now its gentrified. And further south to the East River The 3 bridges (Williams , Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges) which are so iconic to NYC.

A lovely stadium can be done tastefully like YS. that looks more like a museam. Citi field is an ugly structure. I wish they had kept the older 1960's World Fair look. When you drove through the Grand Central , it had the look of a mysterious woods with the globe and the spaceships. I currently have no idea if the museum still there or was totally demolished?

North woods. Or any woods for that matter. But that's where the bums jerk off, you say?

Need I remind you who took the pitch on Saturday? Ladies and gentlemen, your New York City Football Club starting eleven!

You been reading the New York Post and Andrea Peyser. I read it too once in a blue moon.;) did you see last Monday's cover page the bum and his peeing Tom?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Citi field is an ugly structure. I wish they had kept the older 1960's World Fair look. When you drove through the Grand Central , it had the look of a mysterious woods with the globe and the spaceships. I currently have no idea if the museum still there or was totally demolished?
Citi Field looks almost exactly like Ebbets Field. They did it that way on purpose.

OEF_OutsideEbbetsField.jpg

ph_citi_field_ext_night_480x200.jpg

And yup, the museums are still there. The Queens Museum and the Unisphere on one side of the highway and the New York Hall of Science with the rockets on the other.

Citi Field looks almost exactly like Ebbets Field. They did it that way on purpose.

And yup, the museums are still there. The Queens Museum and the Unisphere on one side of the highway and the New York Hall of Science with the rockets on the other.

Thanks for the nice postcards pictures and the update - glad the museum still there, reminds me of my childhood school trips and the awful peanut butter sandwichs. Sorry to harp on the ugliness of CitiField -Postcard pics are retouched and it looks nice. But Look at this place in broad sunny , blue sky daylight- it's still ugly the metal part shows through, it looks like cadaverous metal dinosaur.

This is a crazy as a rumor you're going to get, but I saw some young folks with Columbia Lions football shirts helping with NYCFC staff run some of the on field operations for the Montreal game.

I'll repeat: PEOPLE WITH COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY APPAREL WERE ON THE FIELD WITH NYCFC BADGES.

Also, Vampire Weekend was played during the pregame, so you know that this is locked up.

Last edited:

I have not been to the new Shea, but from the highway it looks like that shopping mall on the other side of the
Van Wyck

An interesting fact about our current stadium. Goals galore. There must be something in the New York water that fucks up defenses.

View attachment 3170
"Short narrow field sucks, not real soccer, everything's so crammed, forces teams to play different, blah, blah, blah..."

It's exactly what MLS needs to make that next big jump.

"Short narrow field sucks, not real soccer, everything's so crammed, forces teams to play different, blah, blah, blah..."

It's exactly what MLS needs to make that next big jump.
This explains many things. Play in a baseball stadium, get baseball scores. Makes sense.