Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Aqueduct is a nightmare option. I live in Brooklyn and it would take an hour via mass transit. It would simply not be a realistic trip for fans in New Jersey or upstate. And really not an appealing option for most NYC residents, excluding I guess people who live in the general vicinity of Atlantic Ave terminal. I guess it's only marginally terrible for fans from Long Island who would drive but in my experience Belt Parkway traffic is terrible even when there's no any event going on.

Aqueduct is only marginally closer than Red Bull Arena for most NYC residents (if at all).

If they go with Aqueduct I'd probably drop my season tickets before long.

Honestly don't care if they even get a stadium at this point. I'm fine with watching games at/traveling to Yankee Stadium. It's weird but it's convenient and the building is nice enough.

It already takes me over an hour to get to the stadium so it doesn't matter to me.

Bottom line is no matter where it is it will be convenient for some and inconvenient for others.
True, but some locations are better hubs than others. Aqueduct seems like a very poor choice. And that's coming from a Long Islander whose commute to games would be cut in half vs. YS.

True, but some locations are better hubs than others. Aqueduct seems like a very poor choice. And that's coming from a Long Islander whose commute to games would be cut in half vs. YS.

I realize this but there are only so many possible and logical choices. 95% of the suggestions people here have made are completely unrealistic and downright ridiculous. People are going to be disappointed no matter what.

I realize this but there are only so many possible and logical choices. 95% of the suggestions people here have made are completely unrealistic and downright ridiculous. People are going to be disappointed no matter what.
What?

You think a floating stadium levitating 100 feet above the East River is "unrealistic" or "downright ridiculous"?

Perhaps you are lost. Let me explain. This is an online forum.

Best bet for a stadium would be one that is right next to Yankee Stadium. If you can't get that I would just stay in Yankee stadium and try to improve the pitch/outfield for games.

As a Red Bull fan who frequently visits RBA, location is everything. The facility is probably the best in the league in terms of quality and sightlines, but for the location I'd give it an 'F'. It takes forever to get to, even from midtown Manhattan. And nearby Newark is mostly a dump so you have nothing to do before and after games.

Aqueduct is not a good location. There aren't any good sites in Brooklyn either and Manhattan is not an option. I think the team is going hold out for as long as possible to get a Bronx stadium or one in the Citi Field parking lot.

It already takes me over an hour to get to the stadium so it doesn't matter to me.

Bottom line is no matter where it is it will be convenient for some and inconvenient for others.
Spot on.

I'm on Staten Island and have been using mass transit to get to sporting events all over NYC for over 40 years. So that 25 minute ferry ride across the bay and the 20-40 minute subway ride to whatever destination is nothing more than second nature to me.

Yankee Stadium area, Citi Field Area, Aqueduct.......it's all pretty much the same subway ride from downtown Manhattan. The only site that would be a PITA is Columbia University.

It is true that any location is going to be inconvenient for some people. But, Acqueduct would be inconvenient for a lot more people than pretty much any location within the city. Anything that involves the Van Wyck should be a non-starter.

Reactions: JayH
Best bet for a stadium would be one that is right next to Yankee Stadium. If you can't get that I would just stay in Yankee stadium and try to improve the pitch/outfield for games.

As a Red Bull fan who frequently visits RBA, location is everything. The facility is probably the best in the league in terms of quality and sightlines, but for the location I'd give it an 'F'. It takes forever to get to, even from midtown Manhattan. And nearby Newark is mostly a dump so you have nothing to do before and after games.

Aqueduct is not a good location. There aren't any good sites in Brooklyn either and Manhattan is not an option. I think the team is going hold out for as long as possible to get a Bronx stadium or one in the Citi Field parking lot.
As a red bull fan, why are you here? Not trying to be rude.

As a red bull fan, why are you here? Not trying to be rude.
tumblr_m00qdsYa6H1qelucn.gif

Thats what SBI and Big soccer are for. This is a team forum. You have to be some kind of reject to come and post on another team's board.
I guess I just gotta disagree with you here. If he were an irrelevant Orlando supporter of some random team like Columbus, I would agree with you. But a local guy with knowledge of the City seems fairly relevant, especially in a conversation about stadium location etc.

Spot on.

I'm on Staten Island and have been using mass transit to get to sporting events all over NYC for over 40 years. So that 25 minute ferry ride across the bay and the 20-40 minute subway ride to whatever destination is nothing more than second nature to me.

Yankee Stadium area, Citi Field Area, Aqueduct.......it's all pretty much the same subway ride from downtown Manhattan. The only site that would be a PITA is Columbia University.

Yup, Staten Islander here as well. Nothing is going to phase me at this point. If we get something that ends up being close to the island I'll be ecstatic. Otherwise, just more of the same for me so no biggie.

Reactions: Gene