Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As a red bull fan, why are you here? Not trying to be rude.
I like to read the message boards of other local teams to get a pulse on what fans in the area are saying.

For example, I follow Everton in the premier league, but I frequently read a Sunderland message board during the season because I can get local perspectives about the game there that I can't find in other places. Even if it's not Everton-related I find the opinions interesting.

The same thought applies to this place. I'm not going to come here and be like "NYCFC sux!111!!1" because then I'll just get banned. And it's not like you haven't heard that before from Red Bulls fans.

I feel like if I can create an engaging discussion about soccer in the New York City area then I'll post my thoughts and hopefully learn other perspectives in the process. I'm not here to troll. If I were to troll I'd go into the comments sections of Empire of Soccer.

I don't feel like message boards have to be some turf battle where fans of other teams are saying that they come in peace and everyone is walking on eggshells trying not to piss each other off. We are all adults. It's like having a conversation at a bar with another sports fan over a beer. The intent is to share opinions and maybe learn something new in the process.

I like to read the message boards of other local teams to get a pulse on what fans in the area are saying.

For example, I follow Everton in the premier league, but I frequently read a Sunderland message board during the season because I can get local perspectives about the game there that I can't find in other places. Even if it's not Everton-related I find the opinions interesting.

The same thought applies to this place. I'm not going to come here and be like "NYCFC sux!111!!1" because then I'll just get banned. And it's not like you haven't heard that before from Red Bulls fans.

I feel like if I can create an engaging discussion about soccer in the New York City area then I'll post my thoughts and hopefully learn other perspectives in the process. I'm not here to troll. If I were to troll I'd go into the comments sections of Empire of Soccer.

I don't feel like message boards have to be some turf battle where fans of other teams are saying that they come in peace and everyone is walking on eggshells trying not to piss each other off. We are all adults. It's like having a conversation at a bar with another sports fan over a beer. The intent is to share opinions and maybe learn something new in the process.
My view is anyone who comes here and respects that this is an NYCFC board is welcome, regardless of who they follow or support. I would guess that is maybe a majority position, but I couldn't be sure, and there is definitely a substantial portion who wouldn't welcome non-NYCFC supporters (or at least no RB fans).
That's why it's so useful that the forums have an Ignore function. They can ignore you, not see your posts, and hopefully not chase you away from engaging with the rest of us.

Last edited:
Blood oath.

Blood oath, or maybe just:

maxresdefault.jpg

Well said, vast majority of all fan groups are just passionate fans who love a sport and dollop it through the conduit of their chosen team. Then there is always the small group of idiots, they should not be indulged. If you have well reasoned opinions I welcome good discussion. That's what makes sports fun!

Well said, vast majority of all fan groups are just passionate fans who love a sport and dollop it through the conduit of their chosen team. Then there is always the small group of idiots, they should not be indulged. If you have well reasoned opinions I welcome good discussion. That's what makes sports fun!
Not dollop...follow...this isn't a sour cream commercial

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
DC United might go from this design which looked fantastic

RYbGTJ1.jpg

To this which is completely uninspiring

PmYxOV1.jpg

I have to say, I think that second DC design is probably a little bit better for playing in the summer. It must get better air flow, right? I wouldn't mind a little bit of that -- YS doesn't have much of a breeze.

Reactions: DeGrozz
DC United might go from this design which looked fantastic

RYbGTJ1.jpg

To this which is completely uninspiring

PmYxOV1.jpg
I actually like both. The first one is cool and modern and I like it. The second one though is "normal" as there are dozens of English stadiums just like that, which to me is why it's appealing. It's a "typical" soccer stadium, which is why I like it. Would definitely want a roof over that last section thought, especially if it's the supporters end. I've had quite enough of roasting in the hot sun at Yankee Stadium this year.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I have to say, I think that second DC design is probably a little bit better for playing in the summer. It must get better air flow, right? I wouldn't mind a little bit of that -- YS doesn't have much of a breeze.
You must sit in the 100s. I am in 215, and those early games were plenty, plenty breezy.

Polo Ralph Lauren and New York City F.C partner together to bring you the Polo Grounds at Columbia University
5f20fa33b5d0c2963e629369f8dcf20c5fb65be1.jpg-590x1000.png

columbia-university-football.jpg

193b.jpg
Is this older picture one of Columbia's old stadium? If so that would be a perfect location in terms of size it appears.

Nothing was as breezy as the opener - front row, section 209. Both froze and cheered my ass off.

As for the DC stadium, look closely at how high the roof is. That will allow a lot of air to circulate over the crowd.

Is this older picture one of Columbia's old stadium? If so that would be a perfect location in terms of size it appears.
Not exactly. You've been having your leg pulled a little as it's the Polo Grounds, where the NY Giants and the NY Giants played. And the Mets for two years. Walking distance and visible from Yankee Stadium, which is one reason the Yankees and the Giants were such rivals.

polo13963.jpg

And yup, the museums are still there. The Queens Museum and the Unisphere on one side of the highway and the New York Hall of Science with the rockets on the other.
I loved those rockets as a kid (Still do) my grandfather had the contract to paint them when they were built.

I think if we have learned anything in the previous 2958 posts it's this.
We want a stadium in NYC proper nothing outside of it.
We all want a stadium near our respective homes anything else is horrible.
Some of us are willing to quit being season ticket holders if our demand of it being near our home is not met.
Screw the Cosmos.
Screw the Red Bulls.
FOIYNNYC.

Polo Ralph Lauren and New York City F.C partner together to bring you the Polo Grounds at Columbia University.

I actually think that would be a very clever branding option. I do like the idea.

Not exactly. You've been having your leg pulled a little as it's the Polo Grounds, where the NY Giants and the NY Giants played. And the Mets for two years. Walking distance and visible from Yankee Stadium, which is one reason the Yankees and the Giants were such rivals.

Sadly, the old site is no longer available, but Columbia's Baker complex is nearby.

polo13963.jpg

Polo Grounds Site.jpg