Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I've not heard anything about this at all before this but it's hard to imagine moving that huge facility. I mean, if it's this hard finding a spot to build a lovely new stadium how hard will it be to find a neighborhood that'll take a 10,000 inmate jail?

Most of those people probably should not be in jail. Take care of that and the prison size goes way down

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The City has no place demanding that public housing or schools be part of any new development. Those are what the city is supposed to provide with the taxes they collect.
The real problem in NYC is that you don't pay any taxes. In Westchester or Long Island a house worth $4,000,000 might pay $100,000 in school and property taxes.In NYC a $4,000,000 house may pay $20,000. You get what you pay for. I feel the Bern. In the suburbs the rich pay.
NYC has an income tax that generates most of its revenue. Long Island does not. The Northern Burbs do not, excluding a much smaller one in Yonkers. Comparing real estate taxes and not mentioning that is dishonest.

Last edited:
NYC has an income tax that generates most of its revenue. Long Island does not. The Northern Burbs do not, excluding a much smaller one in Yonkers. Comparing real estate taxes and not mentioning that is dishonest.

I believe that you can deduct those taxes from your federal taxes just like other taxes. lets be honest.
Certain blocks in NYC are worth more in real estate value than some whole towns in the suburbs.
Real estate taxes are on property not incomes. There are plenty of very wealthy people in NYC who have no taxable income but own real estate that is worth millions. Those properties are taxed at a low level compared to the rest of the metro NY area.
Don't call me dishonest

I believe that you can deduct those taxes from your federal taxes just like other taxes. lets be honest.
State taxes paid are not deductible on your federal return. The only time state taxes are "deductible" is when you file in multiple states. But even then, you are paying taxes in one state, and then deducting them on your resident state return so you don't end up paying twice. (And yes, I know the NYC tax isn't necessarily a state-tax, but when filing, it is somewhat similar)

Real estate taxes are on property not incomes. There are plenty of very wealthy people in NYC who have no taxable income but own real estate that is worth millions. Those properties are taxed at a low level compared to the rest of the metro NY area.
True, but that is part of the city's tax income model. They lower the property tax in the city, because the people living there are being taxed on their income. Yes, there will be examples of people with no taxable income but own valuable real estate, that is something the city considered (I'm assuming they did) when deciding this is the way they wanted to tax their citizens.

This would be comparable to a state like Texas. They don't have an income tax, but they have a much higher property tax along with a higher sales tax.

Yankee Stadium related: I wonder how Etihad thinks about this news. Are they going to cover the sign during NYCFC matches?

if it bothers them they can improve their lobbying attempts and be willing to pay more to get nycfc stadium done much quicker. :D

EDIT: well...get etihad to push CFG to get stadium done that is.

Last edited:
Maybe it's all the drinking I did tonight, but I really would love to see an accountants brawl break out at one of the bars on River Avenue next Sunday. Someone with a few drinks too many starts mentioning how governments use property taxes versus income tax or what's deductible and all the sudden bottles and fists start flying, tie clips get unhinged and pocket protectors get ripped off.

image.jpeg

State taxes paid are not deductible on your federal return. The only time state taxes are "deductible" is when you file in multiple states. But even then, you are paying taxes in one state, and then deducting them on your resident state return so you don't end up paying twice. (And yes, I know the NYC tax isn't necessarily a state-tax, but when filing, it is somewhat similar)

True, but that is part of the city's tax income model. They lower the property tax in the city, because the people living there are being taxed on their income. Yes, there will be examples of people with no taxable income but own valuable real estate, that is something the city considered (I'm assuming they did) when deciding this is the way they wanted to tax their citizens.

This would be comparable to a state like Texas. They don't have an income tax, but they have a much higher property tax along with a higher sales tax.

I'm pretty sure that if you Itemize your tax return state and city income taxes are deductible from your gross income.
But I will check with my accountant this week.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I'm pretty sure that if you Itemize your tax return state and city income taxes are deductible from your gross income.
But I will check with my accountant this week.

Yes, city and state income and property taxes are deductible from your income for Federal taxes, but not if you are subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax.

Maybe it's all the drinking I did tonight, but I really would love to see an accountants brawl break out at one of the bars on River Avenue next Sunday. Someone with a few drinks too many starts mentioning how governments use property taxes versus income tax or what's deductible and all the sudden bottles and fists start flying, tie clips get unhinged and pocket protectors get ripped off.

View attachment 4274
WTF, no mention of calculators as deadly weapon?!?!

So lets talk food for SSS.

Should NYCFC give priority to small businnesses (like Citi Field and Cascarios Pizza) or give priority to large chains (YS and Papa Johns)

Personally i think it should give priority to small businesses. Its just a better awsthetic.

Just to add: i wanna see a heartland brewery in the stadium (like YS and Hard Rock Cafe). It would be cool

Should NYCFC give priority to small businnesses (like Citi Field and Cascarios Pizza) or give priority to large chains (YS and Papa Johns)

Personally i think it should give priority to small businesses. Its just a better awsthetic.

Just to add: i wanna see a heartland brewery in the stadium (like YS and Hard Rock Cafe). It would be cool
Beers brewed in NYC

That's all going to be controlled by Legends, which is the hospitality company started by the Yankees and Cowboys and now does all the top sporting teams around the world.

I had some actual news a bit back, but it's not really much to discuss: Populous in NYC is only running with a few people right now and won't be fully functional until the early spring, but they do have some "big projects" lined up.

Reactions: Kjbert