Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Haha. I will pass on your compliment in the form of extra treats tonight.
I think your pup really earned an entire leg of lamb so she can release her inner-wolf ripping it apart.

I was thinking that if they get the lots across Borden then the road could either be closed or they build above/straddle the road like F.I.T. does. And I definitely think there would be street level commercial space filling in under parts of the stands. It'd be another way to invigorate the neighborhood and bring in additional revenue to the club.

Ha! You said "under parts"

FWIW, was told that removing the tracks all together is a no go. The City Council wants those tracks there to bring back the LIRR line that used to run through there that's now

So they'd either have to bury them, build over them, or relocate them, either way, it will add to the cost. But if they do it, they'll get help from the City Council.

I mean, idk how hard it was but MSG dies sit atop Penn Station, one of (if not the) busiest train station in the country. Hopefully a few railroad stations wouldn't pose a problem (at least architecturally).

Hopefully we score 1 goal for every 1 thousand posts in this topic.. Let's get to 5k before Sunday!
That would imply Villa spent the week refining his 1v1 skills to be the 5th goal. I think we're safer being in the 4K range of posts.

Reactions: mgarbowski
What if the air rights were purchased and the stands jutted out above the train tracks on one side of the pitch?

They could do a 1031 exchange of land. No tax consequence to GAL owner

I'm trembling that answering this will elicit another accountants brawl. But I'll answer anyway because I know a little about that.

They could only get the FULL tax benefits of a 1031 if the GAL site was worth less then the $48mm paid for Fresh Direct. Also, if it was less they can only put in up to 200% of the sales price into the new 1031 purchase using their own cash (i.e. Sell for $20mm, can't do a 1031 for more then $40mm). Also, if GAL was worth more they could also search out a 2nd 1031 to make up the difference, then it really starts getting tricky.

Hope the accountants were satisfied with that answer and we can return to our previous scheduled programming. I mean this is the best stadium news (speculation) we've had in a year!!!!

Living in Brooklyn, I've been hoping we wouldn't end up in Queens. If Queens is still a possibility, though, this is probably about as good as it will get.

It's 1-2 stops from midtown, so weeknight games are easy. The MTA should have enough data/experience from Mets games to be able to scale up service adequately.

I'm a little worried about getting home after games in a timely manner, but I don't share SFphoto's enthusiasm for/confidence in the G. If the MTA does actually play ball and adjust service, it probably won't be too bad to get into midtown and catch a Brooklyn bound train.

Reactions: SFphoto and Ulrich