Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hmm not how i was hoping the clips would link, but at least it worked.

Anyhow, this was Saturday. the place was as empty as could be. Amazingly empty. So nice out too. I imagine with a stadium there it won't be as quiet.

Someone asked if you could overtake borden ave and move traffice to the next block. Unlikely. there is a bridge that goes over the creek. doubt moving that is in anyones budget. Driving to the spot was really easy. The whole area is so quiet. just blocks and blocks of factory/warehouse buildings but nothing going on people wise.

I don't think rerouting Borden would involve the bridge. I think you would do it right around where the Stadium is. Would require buying a lot of real estate across the street, however. Stadium.jpg

I don't think rerouting Borden would involve the bridge. I think you would do it right around where the Stadium is. Would require buying a lot of real estate across the street, however. View attachment 4425
hmm, i guess you could in fact do that. Those warehouse don't look extremely crummy in person, just not kept up in tip top shape. bunch of mechanic shops and such.

that white building on the right side below your orange lines. It had its doors open and i peered in from across the street; the whole thing is empty space. like some kind of hanger, but the building looks pristine unfortunately.

Reactions: Kjbert
Update: i just visited the sight. The buildings to the left of the Fresh Direct are also for sale.

Theres a cool bar/brewery called The Transmitter. Deff should be cool

Nothing listed for sale there on brokers' websites. Must just be a sign up. When you say left do you mean east or west?

Sorry man, but I thought it best to stop any Pier 40 hype train before it got back on the rails.

Here's the TL;DR

2012 - MLS lobbied for a Pier 40 stadium ($230K) they even tried to get this bill passed which would set the framework up for a stadium there with some of the functions moving to Pier 79 on 34th street. The idea was that at least 50% of the pier would be open for public use. The bill died in committee.

2013 - MLS lobbied for Queens Stadium ($840K) We all know how that went.

2013 - NYCFC stepped in and lobbied for a stadium in Queens. ($256k)

2014 - NYCFC lobbied the City Council & Mayor for a stadium, nowhere specifically mentioned. ($257k)

2015 - NYCFC lobbied the City Coucnil & Mayor for a stadium, no where specific. ($256k)

So their biggest spending has been in Queens but it's cool to see that the proposed Pier 40 site actually had some traction behind it, despite failing miserably.

If you're curious, I pulled the numbers from here and here

2014 - NYCFC lobbied the City Council & Mayor for a stadium, nowhere specifically mentioned. ($257k)

2015 - NYCFC lobbied the City Coucnil & Mayor for a stadium, no where specific. ($256k)

Lobbyist: "knock knock, its me"
Mayor: "oh hey! come in, come in. what brings you around"
Lobbyist: "oh you know, annual stadium lobbying. gotta justify my 250k"
Mayor: "oh yeah, use it or lose it; i know that game. anywhere specific"
Lobbyist: "nope, no where specific. just putting in the time. This oughtta do it, see you next year "

I gotta get a gig like this.

Stadium Thoughts:
- What the hell is Pier 40 going to be come anyway?
- How much of our lobbying efforts to the Mayor are daily customized Dante NYCFC jerseys?
- NYCFCfan NYCFCfan Any word on an Etihad Island?

Stadium Thoughts:
- What the hell is Pier 40 going to be come anyway?
- How much of our lobbying efforts to the Mayor are daily customized Dante NYCFC jerseys?
- NYCFCfan NYCFCfan Any word on an Etihad Island?
NYC is still trying to figure out Pier 40. They tried selling air rights to the land but that went nowhere.
At least 5 jersey's worth.
Etihad Island will happen right after Kwame Watson-Siriboe leads the Red Bulls to their 5th consecutive MLS cup.

Etihad Island will happen right after Kwame Watson-Siriboe leads the Red Bulls to their 5th consecutive MLS cup.
lm3jhj5.jpg

Did anyone else hear how loudly DiBlasio got Booed on Sunday at the game? We should've done a "We Want A Stadium" tifo.

some tried to start a "We want a stadium" chant in the supporters sections. went only for a bout a few seconds but was not too loud.