Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Because it'd mean you've been interning for nearly 2.5 years (how long you've been posting) and are either terrible at your job (hence you're still an Intern) and haven't been able to move up in the org thus nobody listens to you, or you're not the Intern.
They just rotate new interns into the same forum account.

I don't disagree with the overall transparency issue. However, in the area of Stadium site search, I totally understand it. Acquiring real estate in NYC is like playing poker. So many stakeholders: the seller, the city, the community where the site resides - such that tipping their hand could blow it all up. It's a precarious process, more so in NYC than anywhere else, so I get it and I accept the secrecy as a necessary evil. I'm placing my blind faith in 2 world class organizations (CFG & NYY) with a shit ton of $$$$ that they will get it done and done right. It doesn't hurt that I have no great issues with Yankee Stadium and so no qualms with being there a few more years.

I agree with you somewhat. But update us and tell us something. They don't seem to see the need to be transparent. If the update is, we have nothing going on, so be it. If the update is that they've identified 5 sites in 3 boroughs but can't tell us where, that's OK too. But I do think we are entitled to an update. I would go so far to say that we are entitled to a stadium as well considering that was part of the vision we were sold as fans.

I guess the big problem that we could have that makes the stadium issue an ongoing concern is NYCFC being the secondary tenant necessitates that our schedule be subordinate to the Yankees schedule. We've seen what happens with that this year, as we have these periods where we've got long home stands followed by long road trips that can be frustrating. The big worry for me though, is what happens when the Yankees and NYCFC make playoff runs simultaneously. Granted, the MLS Cup match wouldn't be affected, but what if we had to scramble to find a last minute venue for a playoff game because the Yankees are in the World Series? (Yeah, we're a few years off from that possibility, but it could certainly happen in 20 years)

That's beyond the issue of making numerous public statements affirming their commitment to finding a stadium space as soon as possible - as long as they're making a good faith effort I'll hang in there, but if it starts to appear that they may not be I'll be more willing to use my season tickets as what leverage I have to show my discontent.

(Sorry to pick you out here - sounds like we're generally in agreement, but I would put more emphasis on the importance of the building as it allows the team to take greater control of its own destiny.)
I agree that the schedule is the big issue and just point out other problems it creates besides the home/away issues:
  • Playing 2 days after the All-Star game
  • Playing during international breaks
  • Lots of Saturday afternoon games (not always a negative but can be)

I agree that the schedule is the big issue and just point out other problems it creates besides the home/away issues:
  • Playing 2 days after the All-Star game
  • Playing during international breaks
  • Lots of Saturday afternoon games (not always a negative but can be)

Not to mention that we have the worst natural surface in MLS, the narrowest field in MLS (maybe the shortest field in MLS too?) and one of the worst fan to athlete experiences in MLS. We're the opposite of Portland and Seattle.

Guess I'm the only schmendrick around here who couldn't care less if and when they ever leave Yankee Stadium.

I still don't get posts like these. Plenty of great places to sit all around the stadium.
Agree. We've been to 7 or 8 matches this season and sat in 206 for every one of them. Other than you lose a tiny bit of the corner beneath you, the location and sight line angle is as good as it gets. And of course "Chick-en Buck-et"!

While I want our own stadium as soon as humanly possible if we're still at Yankee Stadium in 20 years I'll still have my season tickets. I'm a fan of the team, to me the building's not so important.
I agree with this also. Obviously Yankee Stadium is far from ideal, but for my particular tastes, there are a lot more intangibles taking place that make the experience more enjoyable. One being the location of the stadium and the ease of getting back and forth via public transportation.

For the sake of discussion, if they were to build a SSS at a place like Columbia, the one way hour ride on the subway would piss me off more than playing in a baseball stadium. My 2 cents worth, anyway.

How do you know I'm not the intern, trying to sow contentedness among the fans?

"I AM THE INTERN!!!"
spartacus-movie-clip-screenshot-i-am-spartacus_large.jpg

When you go to soccer specific stadiums, the crowd noise is louder, you are closer to the field (and the action) and the sight lines are better. I sit midfield. I have a great view. I can't see the corner by the SG. That's not good enough for me. Sorry. The location is great. It's not ideal and we were promised something better. At some point, the promise rings untrue and we have a right to be upset.

I think we will know more September 15th.

I guess the big problem that we could have that makes the stadium issue an ongoing concern is NYCFC being the secondary tenant necessitates that our schedule be subordinate to the Yankees schedule. We've seen what happens with that this year, as we have these periods where we've got long home stands followed by long road trips that can be frustrating. The big worry for me though, is what happens when the Yankees and NYCFC make playoff runs simultaneously. Granted, the MLS Cup match wouldn't be affected, but what if we had to scramble to find a last minute venue for a playoff game because the Yankees are in the World Series? (Yeah, we're a few years off from that possibility, but it could certainly happen in 20 years)

That's beyond the issue of making numerous public statements affirming their commitment to finding a stadium space as soon as possible - as long as they're making a good faith effort I'll hang in there, but if it starts to appear that they may not be I'll be more willing to use my season tickets as what leverage I have to show my discontent.

(Sorry to pick you out here - sounds like we're generally in agreement, but I would put more emphasis on the importance of the building as it allows the team to take greater control of its own destiny.)
I do not disagree with anything you've said, and I definitely want our own stadium. I'm still keeping my Yankee Stadium tickets though. Yankee Stadium's not ideal, of course, but I'm keeping my seats regardless.

We're great this year, we might be terrible in 4 years, might be great again in 8 years. Still keeping my seats.

Because it'd mean you've been interning for nearly 2.5 years (how long you've been posting) and are either terrible at your job (hence you're still an Intern) and haven't been able to move up in the org thus nobody listens to you, or you're not the Intern.
Ulrich Ulrich, you've seen right through me. I'm not really an intern but am instead a high-level forum spy. Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Patricof, Jon Patricof.

I like Yankee Stadium. Still never been there for a baseball game, but it's a nice venue and a good place to watch football, even if the pitch is a bit jakey.

Also the fact that when the 4 is going local, I can get from my apartment to the game in 15 minutes is a big bonus for me!

Perhaps. In the meantime, can I interest you in our new pitchside seating program?
Why yes you may! I'm very interested, but I'll need to test the seats for the next 4 home games to fully vet the game time experience from different vantage points offered. After those four games, I'm sure I'll be satisfied enough to hand over my CC info.

Reactions: Kjbert and Seth
I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the withdrawal we will all feel once a site is announced. All we really need are new rumors. We were all 3 sheets to the wind on 15 pages of pure unadulterated hype when the FreshDirect rumors started. Once the theories and hype have subsided we'll all be stuck in halfway houses, unable to actually attend the first game in our new spot. I'm glad we have our newest fix to get us through the next few days.

upload_2016-8-24_12-58-15.png

When you go to soccer specific stadiums, the crowd noise is louder, you are closer to the field (and the action) and the sight lines are better. I sit midfield. I have a great view. I can't see the corner by the SG. That's not good enough for me. Sorry. The location is great. It's not ideal and we were promised something better. At some point, the promise rings untrue and we have a right to be upset.

I think we will know more September 15th.

I doubt that on Sept. 15th we'll know anything more, in concrete terms, than we know today. We have more factual details to speculate on, but that's it.

I recall the club saying they we were working towards a stadium in the 5 boros and ideally only 3 years in YS, but I don't recall a promise or confirmed deadline.

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the withdrawal we will all feel once a site is announced. All we really need are new rumors. We were all 3 sheets to the wind on 15 pages of pure unadulterated hype when the FreshDirect rumors started. Once the theories and hype have subsided we'll all be stuck in halfway houses, unable to actually attend the first game in our new spot. I'm glad we have our newest fix to get us through the next few days.

View attachment 5627

When there's a stadium announced we'll still be satisfying our need with sponsorship rumors, seat pricing rumors, food vendor rumors, transportation rumors, parking rumors, expansion rumors, other events held at the stadium rumors, etc, etc.

And then we can actually have a discussion about our stadium what we like, what we don't like, etc.

Reactions: CP_Scouse and adam
I doubt that on Sept. 15th we'll know anything more, in concrete terms, than we know today. We have more factual details to speculate on, but that's it.

I recall the club saying they we were working towards a stadium in the 5 boros and ideally only 3 years in YS, but I don't recall a promise or confirmed deadline.

Don't entirely agree. In that meeting, the principals will be asked why the debt is being re-financed and why they need to take on more debt. You can't go sell your bonds unless you tell investors what the bonds are for. If I wanted to bring bonds to the market that are predicated on you loaning me money and me repaying you through revenue made on your loan, I couldn't keep that a secret. I would have to tell you it was for a hot dog stand I was opening. Then you could make an informed decision on whether or not to lend me the money for the new hot dog stand.

It's the same here. They will be asked what the money is for. We'll know that night whether this has anything to do with a new stadium or not. And if it is for a new stadium, they will need to give more details than we've ever received before. BIG BIG DAY for NYCFC potentially.

Don't entirely agree. In that meeting, the principals will be asked why the debt is being re-financed and why they need to take on more debt. You can't go sell your bonds unless you tell investors what the bonds are for. If I wanted to bring bonds to the market that are predicated on you loaning me money and me repaying you through revenue made on your loan, I couldn't keep that a secret. I would have to tell you it was for a hot dog stand I was opening. Then you could make an informed decision on whether or not to lend me the money for the new hot dog stand.

It's the same here. They will be asked what the money is for. We'll know that night whether this has anything to do with a new stadium or not. And if it is for a new stadium, they will need to give more details than we've ever received before. BIG BIG DAY for NYCFC potentially.
Yes, but I think most of us expect what we learn is that the proposal is for the purpose of restructuring debt to lower costs, and this has nothing to do with our stadium. There's a chance it is about the stadium and then, yes, HUGE and likely to require more disclosures, but right now probably not.

I've been hurt too many times to get my hopes up.

Yes, but I think most of us expect what we learn is that the proposal is for the purpose of restructuring debt to lower costs, and this has nothing to do with our stadium. There's a chance it is about the stadium and then, yes, HUGE and likely to require more disclosures, but right now probably not.

I've been hurt too many times to get my hopes up.

Fair enough. From reading the article by NYCFCfan , it seems that they are looking to re-finance existing debt AND add on more debt. They speak of the ability to add 2,700 full time jobs. There's smoke here. I would actually be SHOCKED if this has nothing to do with an NYCFC stadium. You're right to not get your hopes up because we've been led astray in the past. This is just what you do if you are trying to find financing for a new stadium.

My two cents is that this is the beginning of the NYCFC stadium pitch. I don't know that it gets approved is the catch.

Was the whole soccer field initiative from two months or so done to buy some good vibes from the city and the mayor's office? I just have to imagine that being two years into the stadium project that they have made some form of progress, right?

Was the whole soccer field initiative from two months or so done to buy some good vibes from the city and the mayor's office? I just have to imagine that being two years into the stadium project that they have made some form of progress, right?

It's part of their process. They come into cities and want to make a positive impact, soccer stadium or soccer club be damned.

Reactions: Goodfella