Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
since Etihad Airways would be the sponsor, do you think CFG would still call NYCFC's prospective stadium, "Etihad Stadium", just like the one in Manchester? or another variation?

I'd go with Etihad Field but imagine if us fans have a say in it? Knowing us we'd pick the worst choice.

LAFC announced Banc of California (yes, I spelled it correctly) as their stadium sponsor. We know that if/when we built a SSS that Etihad will be our stadium sponsor. That being said, if it wasn't, who would you want as the sponsor? This likely has been discussed probably 120-150 pages ago, but it's been some time since then...

Still wanting on that table of contents, NYCFC Intern!

Jet Blue, same sponsor I wanted for the Meadowlands Stadium.

Though it's because I also want to do a ground share with the Jets. Then maybe I'll be able to go to a NFL game.

FYI guys, I've been on Big Soccer for what must be years watching threads on DC United's plan to build a stadium.

Unfortunately we will be experiencing the same thing.

Reactions: Kjbert
FYI guys, I've been on Big Soccer for what must be years watching threads on DC United's plan to build a stadium.

Unfortunately we will be experiencing the same thing.
Probably, but the one advantage we have is that our owners have far larger pockets to spend to get a stadium.

If we see a change at Man City or Melbourne City, or unless someone makes a big enough bid, we're locked into Etihad. Not only have they sponsored us, they are a sponsored of MLS. They're committed to American advertising.
Not sure if it's ever been said but Sheikh Mansour (the rich multimillionaire oil tycoon/businessman who is funding city football group and funding the expensive transfers for Manchester City for those of you who don't know that) his cousin owns Etihad Airways. He paid MCFC an absurd jersey sponsor price to help beat financial fair play when that was the hot topic in Europe a few years back. Anyway, we're staying with Etihad until the cousin is no longer the owner of Etihad or Shiekh Mansour is not longer the owner of CFG.

Etihad is fine. It's a pretty neutral name that doesn't sound like a company. Unlike CAMPING WORLD STADIUM. Terrible. Their branding is very low key as well. Which makes them pretty ideal as a sponsor on a stadium/kit. We got lucky.
Agreed. Could have been worse. Something like Bimbo

http://www.metrosoccernation.com/exclusive-details-emerge-financial-agreement-cfg-yankees/

My bad if this version was already posted, but this is concerning news.

The existence of a capital-based ownership agreement between CFG and the Yankees, and the lease for use of Yankee Stadium alters the understanding of NYCFC’s incentives to eventually build and manage their own stadium. If the cost of the lease begins to exceed the revenue needed to turn a profit, the Club will have to look towards building their own stadium to reduce annual expenditures by not pay a landlord.

However, based on statements from the organizations, it appears NYCFC is squarely in the black, and attendance numbers seem to indicate prolonged interest in the club. With the Yankees 20% ownership interest, it’s unlikely that NYCFC’s revenue is being affected enough to persuade them to spend exorbitant amounts of money to build and maintain their own stadium.

I'd love to have a chance to host an MLS Cup Final while we still play at Yankee Stadium. The STH agreement does not guarantee us a ticket to a Final, because they have to allocate to the other team, the league, sponsors, league partners, etc. In YS there's room enough that most or even all STHs might be able to attend, even if not in our usual seats.

Last edited:
I'd love to have a chance to host an MLS Cup Final while we still play at Yankee Stadium. The STU agreement does not guarantee us a ticket to a Final, because they have to allocate to the other team, the league, sponsors, league partners, etc. In YS there's room enough that most or even all STHs might be able to attend, even if not in our usual seats.

When that happens and they don't give me my Pitchside Seats, I will write, call, and possibly even show up in person to the NYCFC and MLS offices demanding my seats given I likely spend the most expensive single season ticket in MLS. Fuck you, Don!

Banc of California is paying $6.7M per year for 15 years for the naming rights to LAFC's stadium. That means you have to think when we have our stadium we'll be able to fetch $7M/year minimum.

When that happens and they don't give me my Pitchside Seats, I will write, call, and possibly even show up in person to the NYCFC and MLS offices demanding my seats given I likely spend the most expensive single season ticket in MLS. Fuck you, Don!
Posts like this will not endear you to the SAC (Seat Allocation Committee).

I really hope we don't end up staying at a converted Yankee stadium. However much they spend on it it'll never really look like a proper soccer stadium.

And spending up to a billion dollars if I understand correctly? Surely that's far too much to spend on upgrades to an existing stadium? A billion dollars would buy all of Staten Island and still have change to flatten every thing on it. No problem with pitch width then. Or parking,

Mr. Garber will be sitting in your seats laughing all night long!!!!