Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So that article says the team is doing so well they might as well just stay there?

Yankee Stadium is currently wrapping up it's 8th season. Nonetheless, I don't know about others, but if there is no stadium news in 2017, I'm very likely to give up the tickets prior to 2018 and go single game at my leisure. It a tough place to watch soccer and as a byproduct lacks the right fan atmosphere and it'll reinforce my belief that the front office is about nothing more than marketing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
I am probably way too patient but I am comfortable with five years from inception as a reasonable period of time to find a proper location for a home (with a tail for the construction). That is assuming the team has been/will be working very hard to accomplish this (if they weren't, that's a different story).

Yankee Stadium is currently wrapping up it's 8th season. Nonetheless, I don't know about others, but if there is no stadium news in 2017, I'm very likely to give up the tickets prior to 2018 and go single game at my leisure. It a tough place to watch soccer and as a byproduct lacks the right fan atmosphere and it'll reinforce my belief that the front office is about nothing more than marketing.
Where are your seats?

There are many sections that offer great views of the field and have good atmospheres. Perhaps your section is more muted than others? That doesn't mean all are bad. Having a SSS won't necessarily improve the fan atmosphere if those around you aren't in agreement with/practice what you want to experience.

http://www.metrosoccernation.com/exclusive-details-emerge-financial-agreement-cfg-yankees/

My bad if this version was already posted, but this is concerning news.

Don't think you have to be concerned. They've publicly stated a commitment to building a stadium in the five boroughs, and would be crazy to think that their customers will continue to accept rising prices indefinitely for their product in a baseball stadium, or going back on their commitment.

I also disagree with the author's implication that being able to turn a profit in YS removes the incentive to build. CFG is not a lemonade stand, it's a global football brand with "unlimited" resources. They're here to make money but also win championships and enhance the prestige of their global brand. Camping in YS indefinitely with a soccer setup that's mediocre at best doesn't get them there.

I've put my faith and money into this team. By the end of the season, I will probably have committed $10,000 to NYCFC. It's chump change, I know, but it's something.

At some point, my patience with the club itself will run out. I will still support the team, but the club lacks transparency in a big way. We, as a paying fan base, deserve updates and a stadium.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I still don't get posts like these. Plenty of great places to sit all around the stadium.
While that's true, there's also a lot of really terrible places to watch a match from. I'd hate to think someone comes to the game thinking they have great seats and then are really far away and it turns them off from the team/sport.

I've put my faith and money into this team. By the end of the season, I will probably have committed $10,000 to NYCFC. It's chump change, I know, but it's something.

At some point, my patience with the club itself will run out. I will still support the team, but the club lacks transparency in a big way. We, as a paying fan base, deserve updates and a stadium.
$10K (minus your tix) is an awful lot of stadium food to eat.... I'm going to start looking for the guy doing laps around the concourse during half time!

While that's true, there's also a lot of really terrible places to watch a match from. I'd hate to think someone comes to the game thinking they have great seats and then are really far away and it turns them off from the team/sport.
I'm sure that happens, but the seating map gives a very fair idea of what can be expected, and even then, I've been very impressed with areas I thought would be bad but actually aren't (when I walk around the stadium at half time).

Reactions: JayH and Gene
While I want our own stadium as soon as humanly possible if we're still at Yankee Stadium in 20 years I'll still have my season tickets. I'm a fan of the team, to me the building's not so important.
While I tend to agree with you, I think statements like that are best not put into cyberspace on the off chance the Intern was tasked with finding one person content with YS even if after 20 years.

but the club lacks transparency in a big way. We, as a paying fan base, deserve updates and a stadium.

I don't disagree with the overall transparency issue. However, in the area of Stadium site search, I totally understand it. Acquiring real estate in NYC is like playing poker. So many stakeholders: the seller, the city, the community where the site resides - such that tipping their hand could blow it all up. It's a precarious process, more so in NYC than anywhere else, so I get it and I accept the secrecy as a necessary evil. I'm placing my blind faith in 2 world class organizations (CFG & NYY) with a shit ton of $$$$ that they will get it done and done right. It doesn't hurt that I have no great issues with Yankee Stadium and so no qualms with being there a few more years.

How do you know I'm not the intern, trying to sow contentedness among the fans?
Because it'd mean you've been interning for nearly 2.5 years (how long you've been posting) and are either terrible at your job (hence you're still an Intern) and haven't been able to move up in the org thus nobody listens to you, or you're not the Intern.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
While I want our own stadium as soon as humanly possible if we're still at Yankee Stadium in 20 years I'll still have my season tickets. I'm a fan of the team, to me the building's not so important.

I guess the big problem that we could have that makes the stadium issue an ongoing concern is NYCFC being the secondary tenant necessitates that our schedule be subordinate to the Yankees schedule. We've seen what happens with that this year, as we have these periods where we've got long home stands followed by long road trips that can be frustrating. The big worry for me though, is what happens when the Yankees and NYCFC make playoff runs simultaneously. Granted, the MLS Cup match wouldn't be affected, but what if we had to scramble to find a last minute venue for a playoff game because the Yankees are in the World Series? (Yeah, we're a few years off from that possibility, but it could certainly happen in 20 years)

That's beyond the issue of making numerous public statements affirming their commitment to finding a stadium space as soon as possible - as long as they're making a good faith effort I'll hang in there, but if it starts to appear that they may not be I'll be more willing to use my season tickets as what leverage I have to show my discontent.

(Sorry to pick you out here - sounds like we're generally in agreement, but I would put more emphasis on the importance of the building as it allows the team to take greater control of its own destiny.)

Reactions: PrezIke and Kjbert
How dare you inject logic and reason into our absurd theories!

Etihad Island

Red Bull Arena

Everywhere we go, everywhere we go, it's the New York boys (and girls) making all the noise everywhere we go. Even if we're in the same place for 20 years.

Last edited:
I've been to soccer specific stadiums. None of them have had a bad seat to watch a soccer match.

Yankee Stadium was not built to be multi-purpose, and thus, has horrible vantage points. There is not a bad place to watch the game from at RBA for example.