Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've only heard negatively shaded comments from the Yankee organization. Nothing even remotely positive that's not in a press release.
assumed that's what you meant but wasn't sure if I missed something else. I know there was the original stuff from Tex and something recent from a member of Yankee brass at a Q&A.

If I could get a lower rate on a big debt like that I would too. It makes the most sense, and that's what I think might be the ultimate conclusion from this but we won't know for sure until September.

Correct. Put it this way, it's good business to lower the cost of your debt. It would also be the first step in trying to get approval for other projects that need financing. We'll know on the 15th.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Where will the meeting on Sept 15th be held. Im trying to go

at the office of NYCEDC, 110 William Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10038,
commencing at 10:00 A.M. on Thursday, September 15th, 2016
Interested members of the public are invited to attend.

Attachments

• NYCIDA_Public_Hearing_Notice_-_September_2016.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 14
I hope that we don't end up with a cliche "bowl style" stadium when it does finally come to be. I'd love something squared off like Parken Stadium in Copenhagen. It's beautiful. The first couple of minutes of this video really shows it off. Beautiful place.

Lovely video.

My thought process while watching this:

-nice camera angles
-looks like a nice atmosphere
-holy smoke bombs
-those corners look strange with all those windows
-wtf its like they built the stadium between 2 office buildings, so much glass
-wait a minute, we have that. we have lots of that.
-ok, I want a Manhattan stadium wedged between office buildings.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Lasker
Lovely video.

My thought process while watching this:

-nice camera angles
-looks like a nice atmosphere
-holy smoke bombs
-those corners look strange with all those windows
-wtf its like they built the stadium between 2 office buildings, so much glass
-wait a minute, we have that. we have lots of that.
-ok, I want a Manhattan stadium wedged between office buildings.

Also interesting that suites appear to be on the endline rather than at midfield.

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan

"Our goal has been to create a program for youth training and academy training that is equal to anything you will find Europe at the elite soccer academies: Ajax, Barcelona, England."

That series, lol.

The charter school point is huge. You will basically have kids in the RSL system an entire day. If they were to have dorms it would be exactly like the clubs in Europe.

Last edited:

"In order to keep the tax-exempt status and avoid running afoul of IRS rules, the Yanks need the city to issue bonds to refinance the stadium.

To win support, the team is proposing giving back roughly 2,000 of the 9,000 parking spaces it received from the struggling Bronx Parking Development Co., a source close to the situation said.

The money-losing operator of the Yankee Stadium parking garages could in turn sub-lease the space to a developer for housing or a hotel.

The Bloomberg administration created the non-profit Bronx Parking Development Co. in part by replacing park land to accommodate the stadium.

The Bronx Bombers don’t need all the parking spaces after Metro North added a Yankee Stadium station stop in 2009, the source said."

Well, that's definitely a bit more smoke...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Damn, if they really are ready to give up that garage and use it fomr

"In order to keep the tax-exempt status and avoid running afoul of IRS rules, the Yanks need the city to issue bonds to refinance the stadium.

To win support, the team is proposing giving back roughly 2,000 of the 9,000 parking spaces it received from the struggling Bronx Parking Development Co., a source close to the situation said.

The money-losing operator of the Yankee Stadium parking garages could in turn sub-lease the space to a developer for housing or a hotel.

The Bloomberg administration created the non-profit Bronx Parking Development Co. in part by replacing park land to accommodate the stadium.

The Bronx Bombers don’t need all the parking spaces after Metro North added a Yankee Stadium station stop in 2009, the source said."

Well, that's definitely a bit more smoke...
Would CFG want to sub-lease the space instead of buy outright??? Seems like if we're going to foot the bill for a mega structure, we'd want to own the land under it and not have a 99 year lease (or whatever they write it up as). A State-of-the-Art facility will only be that for about 5-10-20 years and then the new car smell is gone - I just can't see the team wanting to put themselves in a position where either a lease could run out (if it's short) and we're sweating bullets, or we have such a long lease that we can't get out (as opposed selling) and are stuck in a too small/too old facility.

Reactions: Kjbert