Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Point of information..... just because there hasn't been a LI City in the Boroughs doesn't mean there won't be one. They're spacing them out quite a bit so there's always a possibility that the next one could be LI (or even SI).

Thanks. I can dream...

If not Elmont, do the Islanders have really any other viable locations??? Because that's a no-brainer to award the site to them over a middling b-rate soccer team. I wonder how long the state can realistically hold up awarding the site before the Kosmos file some form of litigation against the state?

Willets Point

Your response was about a future decision concerning the Red Bulls who would no longer play in an arena named Red Bull Arena so the marketing point would be moot. I don't think they would ever share a stadium with us but its not going to be because of marketing.

Derek I am not following your comments. Help me understand why Redbull Arena would seize to be named RedBull Arena as long as Redbull owns the team and still own shares in the stadium etc etc etc.

If anyone has HBO it is episode 197. Here is a preview. Cant find anything on youtube besides some small clips, but none with the Marketing VP.

I don't think in that episode they talk about football

I don't think in that episode they talk about football
They don't talk about football per se but they do show clips of RBA and Henry and some red bull soccer players. The question posed to the VP of Marketing was why does red bull do this? Why do they sponsor all of these teams, buy teams, by stadium naming rights etc. And the simple answer given back was MARKETING.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
You've been stuck on the cable car? It happened to me too and a giant ape grabbed it and tossed it around!! But then I realized I was just on a ride at Universal Studios.
No, never happened to me, but anytime an image of them comes on TV, my wife reminds me of the time they (the cars, not my wife) got stuck at night for hours and firefighters had to get them out. im not nervous to take them, but over the river I do tend to ponder wtf if it were to suddenly stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
They don't talk about football per se but they do show clips of RBA and Henry and some red bull soccer players. The question posed to the VP of Marketing was why does red bull do this? Why do they sponsor all of these teams, buy teams, by stadium naming rights etc. And the simple answer given back was MARKETING.

I think they're the only stadium in the US that sells Red Bull cans, in all the flavors.

Reactions: Kjbert
Let's talk about our current stadium for a moment:

The last Yankee home game (pending no playoffs) is October 2nd. We play again at home after that on October 23rd. There's a football game at Yankee Stadium on November 12. For football games, they remove the mount as the field goes from home plate to center field.

That being said, why can't they remove the mound a bit earlier for our game so maybe we can have a wider field, but regardless it would look better atheistically. This is especially true during the playoffs.

The only other concern is that football players tear up the field with their cleats during football games (see the anger over the soccer games that took place after the NFL games at Wembley).

Reactions: Goodfella
Let's talk about our current stadium for a moment:

The last Yankee home game (pending no playoffs) is October 2nd. We play again at home after that on October 23rd. There's a football game at Yankee Stadium on November 12. For football games, they remove the mount as the field goes from home plate to center field.

That being said, why can't they remove the mound a bit earlier for our game so maybe we can have a wider field, but regardless it would look better atheistically. This is especially true during the playoffs.

The only other concern is that football players tear up the field with their cleats during football games (see the anger over the soccer games that took place after the NFL games at Wembley).
Go back five or six pages for a lengthy conversation about that haha Long story short, we'd have to re-angle field to make it wider. More importantly, we've won 5 in a row at home. Why mess with that now?

Go back five or six pages for a lengthy conversation about that haha Long story short, we'd have to re-angle field to make it wider. More importantly, we've won 5 in a row at home. Why mess with that now?

So what if we remove the mound just to remove it. The all grass look would look really nice.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Derek I am not following your comments. Help me understand why Redbull Arena would seize to be named RedBull Arena as long as Redbull owns the team and still own shares in the stadium etc etc etc.

Event 1:AEG sells Metrostars to Red Bull. Gains naming rights and eventually full ownsership of stadium. Name stadium Red Bull Arena.

Event 2: Red Bulls this winter were shopping around name rights of stadium which would stop being called RBA. STH sent surveys about arena name.

Event 3: This summer, Red Bulls in a tax deal ceded ownership of RBA to the city of Harrison.

Future: Probably very very likely that naming rights will be sold by Harrison and there will be no stadium named RBA.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Event 1:AEG sells Metrostars to Red Bull. Gains naming rights and eventually full ownsership of stadium. Name stadium Red Bull Arena.

Event 2: Red Bulls this winter were shopping around name rights of stadium which would stop being called RBA. STH sent surveys about arena name.

Event 3: This summer, Red Bulls in a tax deal ceded ownership of RBA to the city of Harrison.

Future: Probably very very likely that naming rights will be sold by Harrison and there will be no stadium named RBA.

Why doesn't Harrison in the meantime just rename the stadium to a generic name? Is there a benefit to the city to keep the RBA name now?

Oh please, please, pleeeeeeeaassse let Tampax buy the naming rights.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssse!!!!!
While amusing, that's a little bit sophomoric and probably not a good fit for the men's league. Now if it was Imodium, it would represent the coach & fan base perfectly.

Reactions: FootyLovin