Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The team has not and will not consider Staten Island. That's Gospel (i.e. not conjecture on my part).

Reactions: Ulrich
The team has not and will not consider Staten Island. That's Gospel (i.e. not conjecture on my part).
Agreed. They definitely won't build there, but there is a contingent of supporters that should have their questions & concerns addressed. Granted, there isn't much that can be done since short of building across the Verezano bridge, so they'll all be taking the ferry to every game. But good PR is good PR and we have a couple of players that never see the field and need to make public appearances or they'll soon be on milk cartons.

Agreed. They definitely won't build there, but there is a contingent of supporters that should have their questions & concerns addressed. Granted, there isn't much that can be done since short of building across the Verezano bridge, so they'll all be taking the ferry to every game. But good PR is good PR and we have a couple of players that never see the field and need to make public appearances or they'll soon be on milk cartons.

I agree they should be inclusive with Staten Island supporters. But I was told they aren't and will not be looking there for a stadium site.

Reactions: Ulrich
Ok Bodhi.... If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
Well Stu I'll tell you, surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, it's no hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

So anybody can just walk up each day and play on the courts? Surely not in the main arenas???

The same could be said for a future soccer stadium - the public can't use the stadium, but a majority of practice fields could be set aside for parks permit play.

Replying really late cause I was on vacation. You can play on the non-stadium courts for a fee although lately they've been renovating the entire grounds so it's difficult. Relative to playing at tennis clubs around the city the tennis center is by far the cheapest, especially lessons and indoor courts. They also host the occasional amateur, college and high school tournament. Courts are in fantastic shape too. Pretty sure it's the only major tournament where us normal folk can play on the same courts without membership fees or some other crazy restrictions.

We're staying on the topic de jour....
post-40020-mmm-that-sounds-good-Ill-have-37VU.gif

A great article about City going global with particular emphasis about NYCFC. Please pardon the author calling it the MLS, saying we're top of the MLS, and that we'll win another MLS Cup (let's get our first, first).

The last quote from Marty Edelman, board member of Man City and NYCFC:

'So the deputy mayor and one of her staff were coming to London anyway, and I took them up to Manchester and gave them the royal tour. They saw the academy, the school, the president of the University of Manchester came to lunch and told us what we were doing with them, Manchester City Council came, too. At the end, they looked at me. "OK, Marty," they said. "You win".'

So we took NYC politicians to Manchester? Can someone look into the city's travel logs?

A great article about City going global with particular emphasis about NYCFC. Please pardon the author calling it the MLS, saying we're top of the MLS, and that we'll win another MLS Cup (let's get our first, first).

The last quote from Marty Edelman, board member of Man City and NYCFC:

'So the deputy mayor and one of her staff were coming to London anyway, and I took them up to Manchester and gave them the royal tour. They saw the academy, the school, the president of the University of Manchester came to lunch and told us what we were doing with them, Manchester City Council came, too. At the end, they looked at me. "OK, Marty," they said. "You win".'

So we took NYC politicians to Manchester? Can someone look into the city's travel logs?

Looks like it happened a while ago, though.

There are two female deputy mayors, and one of them seems to fit the bill with regard to her jurisdiction:

http://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor/alicia-glen.page
Alicia Glen
Deputy Mayor, Housing & Economic Development

Too much to post from the link, but it's all about serious overtures into economic development from the Navy yard to expanded ferry service to affordable housing.

That's who's travel logs need to be examined.