Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
There are two female deputy mayors, and one of them seems to fit the bill with regard to her jurisdiction:

http://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor/alicia-glen.page
Alicia Glen
Deputy Mayor, Housing & Economic Development

Too much to post from the link, but it's all about serious overtures into economic development from the Navy yard to expanded ferry service to affordable housing.

That's who's travel logs need to be examined.

You don't have to - it's also confirmed in the Guardian article I linked to above. Glen took this trip at some point in 2014, though, so either she was being disingenuous or CFG is facing issues that aren't the fault of the administration.

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
Yeah the article it great. I posted this on the subreddit but I'll cross post it here:

This is actually a fantastic article overall. It gives us a great idea of CFG's vision, especially when they compare MLS to the Chinese League.

They're here because it's sustainable, so I doubt we will see them spending tens of millions on transfer fees, or just dropping half a billion on land in Manhattan for stadium space (or an island, sorry LionNYC LionNYC)

Slow and steady, which may not be what we as rabid fans want to hear, but they're in it for the long haul.

So the Yankees finally released their updated bond refinancing request last week

TL;DR:

Bad news - they say they will purchase no new equipment, no new land and will create no new jobs as a result of refinancing their bonds.

Good news? - no mention of Post report they want to get rid of stake in parking garage

So the Yankees finally released their updated bond refinancing request last week

TL;DR:

Bad news - they say they will purchase no new equipment, no new land and will create no new jobs as a result of refinancing their bonds.

Good news? - no mention of Post report they want to get rid of stake in parking garage

UazNe0j.gif

UazNe0j.gifv

Reactions: Kjbert
disorienting photo, like i understand the foreground is the projected developement but i'm looking at the queens/manhattan waterfront and i'm like what is that bulge? none of it makes sense to me.
If I follow what you're referring to, you're looking at the Lower East Side. It pushes out far into the East River (all man made landfill).

Just going to drop this here for good measure: http://ny.curbed.com/2016/9/12/12893154/red-hook-megaproject-aecom-hudson-yards

View attachment 5749

I could see few places where our stadium could go...LIKE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT HARBOR ON IT'S OWN ISLAND!
What a nice warm & fuzzy sales picture that is!!! It all sounds so compelling when described, but it's not clear how any of the neighborhood would be protected from storm surge (it's mere feet above sea level), and how long it'd take to extend the 1-train (the 2nd Ave line is not exactly moving at the pace of a hare). But IF they were able to get this project going, there would be a ton of people sitting on crappy buildings that would all of a sudden find themselves holders of proverbial gold mines from a Realestate resale perspective. Because if the transportation issue(s) & the fear of flooding could ever be resolved, that area is ripe with waterfront possibilities and park space. Until then.... Big time pass on moving there.

If I follow what you're referring to, you're looking at the Lower East Side. It pushes out far into the East River (all man made landfill).
yeah i can see that, and i had some idea that there was a bump around LES, but it looks exaggerated in the photo, like the land come to a point and the river bends hard around. Disorienting my image of manhattan in my mind.

yeah i can see that, and i had some idea that there was a bump around LES, but it looks exaggerated in the photo, like the land come to a point and the river bends hard around. Disorienting my image of manhattan in my mind.
Yeah, a bit pronounced, and that can happen with perspectives, but most likely a bit of "artistic liberty" with it.

Reactions: Kjbert
So I was involved in a City Voice live chat focus group tonight. If you used City Voice you know that Chris is the front office moderator. We have confirmation! He may not be the NYCFC Intern that catalogs our conversations here and reports to Claudio, Patrick, and John, but it's something. THEY DO READ THE FORUMS!

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 7.52.58 PM.png

So I was involved in a City Voice live chat focus group tonight. If you used City Voice you know that Chris is the front office moderator. We have confirmation! He may not be the NYCFC Intern that catalogs our conversations here and reports to Claudio, Patrick, and John, but it's something. THEY DO READ THE FORUMS!

View attachment 5761
I bet a few of them get a good laugh reading our stuff... and probably have also categorized a bunch of us into categories ranging from leveled-headed to delusional to bat-shit crazy.

I wish I was paid to read the forums...
Yeah, but would you want to be tasked with writing a weekly briefing on the important posts and concepts??? That could drive the intern mad. How about trying to condense the stadium thread as a memo? Poor intern is probably heavy on the bottle when cranking up the iPad to read.

Reactions: adam and CCMore
Yeah, but would you want to be tasked with writing a weekly briefing on the important posts and concepts??? That could drive the intern mad. How about trying to condense the stadium thread as a memo? Poor intern is probably heavy on the bottle when cranking up the iPad to read.
I'm sure that sucks a lot. I bet the intern semi hates us for frequenting the forum so often. I'm curious which threads they look at the most. I bet they don't care about the contest threads or any thread that describes the team performance and logistics for the season. They most likely look for leaked information, marketing opportunities, and information they can use for events and info write ups in the future. I have a friend of a friend who is interning with the team this semester and I can't wait to meet them next semester so a) I can pry some info out of him, and b) intern for the club next year.

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
I'm sure that sucks a lot. I bet the intern semi hates us for frequenting the forum so often. I'm curious which threads they look at the most. I bet they don't care about the contest threads or any thread that describes the team performance and logistics for the season. They most likely look for leaked information, marketing opportunities, and information they can use for events and info write ups in the future. I have a friend of a friend who is interning with the team this semester and I can't wait to meet them next semester so a) I can pry some info out of him, and b) intern for the club next year.
Unless you're blacklisted from being an intern for your posts, whatever and whichever they have been about....