Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Those same rules want you to continue referring to Eastern, TWA, and People's Express.
Except that the bridge only changed names. These three no longer exist.

(Blah blah blah Eastern came back to life as a charter, TWA is now American and People's Express came back for a minute and then died again, I know I know.)

Reactions: Kjbert
No People in Sight Yet, but South Bronx Gets Ready for Development

Caveat: There's nothing in this article that mentions CFG in any context. That said, if there hasn't been any rekindling of talks with GAL and the city, now would be an awfully good time for it.

This is perfect. It maintains our Bronx roots and is one of the few places in New York where development seems to be welcomed. The only question is how big the site is. Because at this point, I can't CFG being satisfied with anything less than 30K capacity, given our average attendance numbers.

Or maybe CFG isn't willing to spend money here like we thought they would be

This is perfect. It maintains our Bronx roots and is one of the few places in New York where development seems to be welcomed. The only question is how big the site is. Because at this point, I can't CFG being satisfied with anything less than 30K capacity, given our average attendance numbers.

Well, I posted this less to suggest that this specific site is viable, because it's mostly just smaller strips along the Harlem River, but more to say that I hope that CFG realizes that the Bronx development train is boarding at the station and that, for everything that GAL and the city was asking for originally, it's a good bet that the price is only going to go up from here if they dither on making a decision, waiting for the Bloomberg deal to manifest itself again.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Well, I posted this less to suggest that this specific site is viable, because it's mostly just smaller strips along the Harlem River, but more to say that I hope that CFG realizes that the Bronx development train is boarding at the station and that, for everything that GAL and the city was asking for originally, it's a good bet that the price is only going to go up from here if they dither on making a decision, waiting for the Bloomberg deal to manifest itself again.
If they wait, they could be in the same spot of skyrocketing prices just like the Kosmos and MLS entry. Pull the trigger to at least buy the land. Deal with the city and zoning afterward.

Or maybe CFG isn't willing to spend money here like we thought they would be

I'm pretty sure that they're very happy to spend money. The thing is, when they came in everyone was assuming that they'd have no issue at all with splashing out two or three or ten billion in the pursuit of perfection like it was spare change in their pockets. In fairness, the same belief is also widespread in Manchester and Melbourne. The reality is there are very few people or organisations in the world who are willing to splash the level of cash required to make an inner-city NYC stadium work without careful and detailed consideration, and CFG are not one of them.

They'll be happy to put the money in when the time is right, but only when they've determined it to be a sensible investment (N.B. not necessarily the same as "profitable"). They won't, for instance, identify one location to the absolute exclusion of all others and then be willing to write any cheque to secure it. Nor, I suspect, will they put lavish and ostentatious design over form and function, so if you're expecting a candidate for best looking stadium of all time, with all sides lined with OLED screens, every surface lit up with blue and orange panel lighting and a general feel of architecture from the 22nd century, again I'd not get your hopes up.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that they're very happy to spend money. The thing is, when they came in everyone was assuming that they'd have no issue at all with splashing out two or three or ten billion in the pursuit of perfection like it was spare change in their pockets. In fairness, the same belief is also widespread in Manchester and Melbourne. The reality is there are very few people or organisations in the world who are willing to splash the level of cash required to make an inner-city NYC stadium work without careful and detailed consideration, and CFG are not one of them.

They'll be happy to put the money in when the time is right, but only when they've determined it to be a sensible investment (N.B. not necessarily the same as "profitable"). They won't, for instance, identify one location to the absolute exclusion of all others and then be willing to write any cheque to secure it. Nor, I suspect, will they put lavish and ostentatious design over form and function, so if you're expecting a candidate for best looking stadium of all time, with all sides lined with OLED screens, every surface lit up with blue and orange panel lighting and a general feel of architecture from the 22nd century, again I'd not get your hopes up.
So what you're saying is that we need a new owner?

Reactions: LeeNYCFC and Kjbert

Well, that's pretty much the vision we were sold.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Ulrich

22nd Century Architectural Masterpiece in midtown, confirmed.