Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Agreed. But with my place in line, I'd probably hold on to them for year one in the crappy local and see if there's any resale value. If not, then I'd dump. But I'm talking a westchester, SI (or dare I say it) NJ move. If it was GAL or Fresh Direct or almost anywhere in Manhattan/queens/Brooklyn I'm happy. Especially since I'm a driver.

I imagine there are only a few people on this board that would be super excited if the club changed its name to FCFC.

Fairfield County Football Club. It has a great ring and there is plenty of land up here for Etihad Arena. FCFC could probably sell out all of the luxury / pitch side seating fairly easily too.

Dollars to donuts Tom would still watch the games from home.

Reactions: Kjbert
I imagine there are only a few people on this board that would be super excited if the club changed its name to FCFC.

Fairfield County Football Club. It has a great ring and there is plenty of land up here for Etihad Arena. FCFC could probably sell out all of the luxury / pitch side seating fairly easily too.

Dollars to donuts Tom would still watch the games from home.

All kidding aside, the area from White Plains to Stamford, CT could support a decent minor league soccer club. Lots of land available along the Merritt between say White Plains and Norwalk, CT. I'm hoping that NYCFC 2 will go there, but with the training facility across the river, that doesn't make sense. I hope a USL investor moves here. If I had the money, I would start a franchise here.

Reactions: Goodfella and NYC24
All kidding aside, the area from White Plains to Stamford, CT could support a decent minor league soccer club. Lots of land available along the Merritt between say White Plains and Norwalk, CT. I'm hoping that NYCFC 2 will go there, but with the training facility across the river, that doesn't make sense. I hope a USL investor moves here. If I had the money, I would start a franchise here.

i think they have NPSL teams in connecticut now

Just a suggestion to the moderators - maybe a separate "stadium news and rumors" thread that is managed by mods and keeps people abreast of any news or rumor worthy developments?

Just a suggestion to the moderators - maybe a separate "stadium news and rumors" thread that is managed by mods and keeps people abreast of any news or rumor worthy developments?

Maybe you haven't been on here long enough, or just never bothered to read through this whole thread, but the original name for this thread was actually "Stadium News". We changed it after 200 or so pages when we realized that nothing was being said and we still just kept on talking about it. The new name reflects our despair.

Do your homework!

Maybe you haven't been on here long enough, or just never bothered to read through this whole thread, but the original name for this thread was actually "Stadium News". We changed it after 200 or so pages when we realized that nothing was being said and we still just kept on talking about it. The new name reflects our despair.

Do your homework!

Haha - good point. And I guess if there was something meaningful it would be the trending topic of discussion...

Don't Speak!

giphy.gif

What open space do you see been White Plains and Norwalk that isn't a park or golf club?

For my money, if we're going to CT, it better be to Mianus. To repeat, any new stadium had better be in Mianus or there's going to be a problem.

The state would literally give you land in Norwalk if you wanted to develop it. There's also un-developed land in Stamford where they were going to put the high speed ferry. White Plains has Greenburgh where the Knicks and Rangers train.

All of that being said, if there was a USL squad, they would most likely rent out someone else's space. They would play at Iona College or SUNY Purchase.