Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The state would literally give you land in Norwalk if you wanted to develop it. There's also un-developed land in Stamford where they were going to put the high speed ferry. White Plains has Greenburgh where the Knicks and Rangers train.

All of that being said, if there was a USL squad, they would most likely rent out someone else's space. They would play at Iona College or SUNY Purchase.

The MSG facility is a gym and an ice rink. No space at all.

I'm curious to see where in Westchester or CT out to Norwalk you think there is room for a stadium.

It took Lowe's 10 years to find a spot in Westchester to build a single store...

What open space do you see been White Plains and Norwalk that isn't a park or golf club?

For my money, if we're going to CT, it better be to Mianus. To repeat, any new stadium had better be in Mianus or there's going to be a problem.
I still chuckle every time I pass that exit on I95. Never gets old

The MSG facility is a gym and an ice rink. No space at all.

I'm curious to see where in Westchester or CT out to Norwalk you think there is room for a stadium.

It took Lowe's 10 years to find a spot in Westchester to build a single store...

I wasn't advocating for building a stadium where the Knicks/Rangers are. I was pointing out there is a lot of undeveloped land in Greenburgh.

Have you driven through Norwalk? Lots of available space. There is the Waterside section of Stamford that is done with development. You also have the industrial area around Exit 6 on I-95.

Again, I'm not advocating for a stadium anywhere. Unless NYCFC did it (and they won't because the training center is in Rockland County), whoever started a USL squad there would probably use Iona College.

Yes They just created the Elm City Express in New Haven

Eh - that's a hike. I think the nearest one I have found is in Yonkers, but is there a league below NPSL? Maybe it is the NPSL.

It would just seem that the Westchester/Fairfield County area would be ripe for a soccer team in one of the major commuter centers.

For my money, if we're going to CT, it better be to Mianus. To repeat, any new stadium had better be in Mianus or there's going to be a problem.

So youre saving your mouth for a really special occasion? I for one say no thanks to that used up shithole.

Reactions: Kjbert
Eh - that's a hike. I think the nearest one I have found is in Yonkers, but is there a league below NPSL? Maybe it is the NPSL.

It would just seem that the Westchester/Fairfield County area would be ripe for a soccer team in one of the major commuter centers.
If you're itching to watch soccer in Westchester then follow Lansdowne BHOYS FC in the Cosmopolitan League

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Hey, if you guys want some tea leaves to read, Marty Edelman's wife gave Bill de Blasio the maximum contribution permissible under city campaign finance laws earlier this month. Does that actually mean anything for us? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But it hypothetically could... maybe...

City Park in New Ro is more doable than Yonkers although I do follow Landsdowne Bhoys inn twitter

Sorry Goodfella Goodfella but i'm not to thrilled with your new Avatar Sweetie ? What was wrong with the last one ? You seem not to have it for long. leilanikali420 leilanikali420 do you like it?? I absolutely Love the new one by JCMore !!!

Hey Angela Miller Angela Miller hope the off season is treating you well! I am on board with Goodfella Goodfella 's new avatar...if is what I think it is - Che Guevara in a pirate's hat? I like it more than the inevitability of coming to the Stadium thread when there is a new post only to be disappointed by no news about a stadium...sorry to contribute to that disappointment :grimacing:

Just a suggestion to the moderators - maybe a separate "stadium news and rumors" thread that is managed by mods and keeps people abreast of any news or rumor worthy developments?

Don't worry, when we actually have news I have every intention of editing the thread title to let everyone know. Thing is, this is an awkward subject with little public news coming out so any new topic I made would be a ghost town and therefore wouldn't justify its existence. Most of the rumours you read here aren't even real rumours, they're more conjecture.

Who am I kidding, I wouldn't edit the thread title when I heard news. I wouldn't be able to. The forums would just crash instantly as half the city attempted to log in at the same time..

Hey Angela Miller Angela Miller hope the off season is treating you well! I am on board with Goodfella Goodfella 's new avatar...if is what I think it is - Che Guevara in a pirate's hat? I like it more than the inevitability of coming to the Stadium thread when there is a new post only to be disappointed by no news about a stadium...sorry to contribute to that disappointment :grimacing:
GLOBAL WARMING PIRATES SG

I clicked. Figured what the hey! That guy is a nut job. Seems he's just posting about wanting a stadium he calls an "arena". That's him asking everyone to show up to show support for the cause, not because there is any imminent news on the horizon. Not that it's a bad thing to support the cause, but don't get your hopes up based on that.

Remember that Kingsbridge is turning into an ice skating center. That's probably the arena being talked about...