Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I know there's no new news.... but someone just posted.... don't look.... don't look.... crap... into the cesspool you go... again
giphy.gif

I was curling too till my back told me to stop. We had it at the Long Beach Ice Arena, then I moved to Bellmore and it moved too! They now have it at the Newbridge arena over there. It makes for a fun saturday night, much better then bowling!
Wait... Newbridge Arena has it!?!? When?!

Reactions: Kjbert
Footnote's worth of real news - oral arguments for Avella v. City of New York (the Willets Point Case) have been scheduled for April 25. Assuming the normal turnaround time, we should hope to have a decision there by mid-to-late June, making it plausible that IF there's anything real happening at Willet's Point we might hear about it in the summer (hopefully maybe?).

Actually they just moved to LI sports hub in soyosset. Had 3 good years in newbridge you missed out on. Sorry. But still not too far!

http://licurling.org/faq/
When I moved here I just googled nearby curling clubs and they seemed so far away, I also had no knowledge of the LIRR.

I actually have a couple clients out in Farmingdale and Huntington, so not too far away, I may have to consider signing up for this next winter.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Forgot to post this the other day. My almost 5 year old daughter came home from school and told me she drew me a soccer stadium! I don't think she's aware of this thread, but she may be a real contributor in a few years if she keeps up on this path. (And yes that is one phallic TIFO in the North stands, not sure what she was trying to draw there exactly, kids...)

EDIT: Seth want to try this at GAL & Willets Point?

IMG_9069.JPG

Last edited:
Forgot to post this the other day. My almost 5 year old daughter came home from school and told me she drew me a soccer stadium! I don't think she's aware of this thread, but she may be a real contributor in a few years if she keeps up on this path. (And yes that is one phallic TIFO in the North stands, not sure what she was trying to draw there exactly, kids...)

EDIT: Seth want to try this at GAL & Willets Point?

View attachment 6609
Maybe she was trying to redraw Lampard's signature?
image.0.0.jpeg

I'd actually say that we are worse than Gillette. Turf is a major negative, but it is comfortable, the sightlines are excellent and they have free parking.

RFK on the other hand, is an abomination. Building is a disaster and the sightlines on one side are awful because of the curve of the field. How it is not last in any ranking is beyond me.

After months of agonizing, I just gave in this morning and planned travel to Orlando for the opener even though it means the 5:58AM flight back the next morning with my 9yo and the tickets were appallingly expensive. Couldn't resist. I suspect the stadium will be both enthralling and, for me, depressing, at the same time.