Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
They have every right to explore EVERY avenue.

And we have every right to tell them that a team based out of Belmont is a Long Island team and not a NYC team. Good luck getting anyone from the suburbs or Manhattan to attend your games.

Yeah, I think we've covered that Lampard's signature is phallic-esque.

giphy.gif

He sure used it to fuck all of us when he signed that napkin at the NYCFC offices.

Well it said they explored it. I hope they explore every avenue. And though I'd probably benefit the most here from that location, I'm not sure it's really the best for the team and its fan base. It also said talks are dead, so let's hope they moved on. Maybe to Willets Point...

Also, maybe it was for a larger training complex and stadium for the Rough Riders or a USL team?

Most likely, just simple due diligence. Still a bit frightening that they're even exploring sites outside the boroughs.

Also, maybe it was for a larger training complex and stadium for the Rough Riders or a USL team?

Most likely, just simple due diligence. Still a bit frightening that they're even exploring sites outside the boroughs.

Exactly. If you'll build at Belmont, build at Yonkers Raceway. They'll pay you to take land on the Yonkers/Bronx border.

Reactions: Goodfella

Hmm. If they were moving away from the Bronx, then their Westchester site might not make as much sense anymore. I could see that. Maybe it's an indication they are getting hotter on queens.

giphy.gif

We're so starved for info, it's all just grasping at straws.

Reactions: Kjbert

And we have every right to tell them that a team based out of Belmont is a Long Island team and not a NYC team. Good luck getting anyone from the suburbs or Manhattan to attend your games.
If they end up at Belmont, I'll drop my three tickets immediately.

So they went a little too Far East on Jamaica AVENUE. Maybe they got lost? They're not from around here.

Not for anything more than research. Most of the proposed LI spots have communities that are very very very strongly anti-stadium.

Which is why I can't see it being anything other then possibly:

1. GAL
2. Willets Point
3. Fresh Direct

We've been over this for years now. There are other options, but they could be decades away. We should give ourselves more credit for all the research and analysis we've done.

My preference is: 1. FD, 2. WP, 3. GAL
If I had to guess the club would like: 1. GAL, 2. FD, 3. WP
And I think we're all correct in assuming that the club is waiting for a new administration they have had difficulty dealing with BD's. Remember, the original stadium announcement in queens was under the Bloomberg administration.

Let's not get our collective panties in a tussle over LI.

Not for anything more than research. Most of the proposed LI spots have communities that are very very very strongly anti-stadium.

If I'm understanding you correctly, the research was more about how teams/developers combat anti-stadium groups and not about building there?

Saw the article as well on my screen. I think it's good that we're acknowledged in the article. It shows the club is actively looking at all possible sites to have a stadium and waiting for the best one.

I think still that nothing serious or even remotely interesting will be announced Mayor de Shit is out of office.

Reactions: adam and sbrylski
Do you really think they will ever be in a position to say "no thanks, NYC, but please let us build at this better site"?

NYCFC and MLS are going to be around for a long time and we may not know the next time we'll be able to build a newer (or bigger) stadium. Get the land right the first time around.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Nah, hardly. It's just not appropriate to the Forums to be using terminology like "plowing" or needing to beat up the husband to get the woman.

Ok. I'm being serious now and not trying to be funny.

Are you sure you've been here before?

Nah, hardly. It's just not appropriate to the Forums to be using terminology like "plowing" or needing to beat up the husband to get the woman.
This.

There's banter, and then there's how I'd feel if my daughter were a fan (she is) and read these forums (she doesn't). Someone is now going to shout PC police as though any suggested reduction of caustic comments is somehow a massive liberal conspiracy to destroy the first amendment.

I don't think this is a huge deal. But when I read the initial comment I thought to myself, "Hmm, there's someone who is too careless, stupid or lazy to come up with a non-hurtful way of expressing himself."

Anyone who is happy being viewed that way, who am I to tell you you're not allowed?