• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
This.

There's banter, and then there's how I'd feel if my daughter were a fan (she is) and read these forums (she doesn't). Someone is now going to shout PC police as though any suggested reduction of caustic comments is somehow a massive liberal conspiracy to destroy the first amendment.

I don't think this is a huge deal. But when I read the initial comment I thought to myself, "Hmm, there's someone who is too careless, stupid or lazy to come up with a non-hurtful way of expressing himself."

Anyone who is happy being viewed that way, who am I to tell you you're not allowed?
You rang?

Not to discount the validity of your stance, as you're making an age-appropriate argument as much as anything, but the counter to the broad criticism you're levying is people don't have to take every opportunity to be offended.

Not accusing you of this, but there's a massive misplaced drive for victimization self-identification and insincere sympathy pains. It leads to a daily sprint to be outraged the fastest and mostest all over the web. It's fatuous and disingenuous and undermines legitimate "outrages".

I feel like 90% of the time, people need to just lighten up. It's pretty fucking harsh for someone to pin all sorts of identifiers and negative characteristics on folks just because he/she can't see the humor in something.

I mean, I could say all that. But then I thought to myself, "if someone is willing to squeeze their butt cheeks that tight just to squeeze out a little cloud of moral superiority to sit on, who am I to point out to them that those sort of reactions are why "pc" is such a loaded term?"

I'm being a bit Swiftian in my response. The point is, everyone is a piece of shit.

You rang?

Not to discount the validity of your stance, as you're making an age-appropriate argument as much as anything, but the counter to the broad criticism you're levying is people don't have to take every opportunity to be offended.

Not accusing you of this, but there's a massive misplaced drive for victimization self-identification and insincere sympathy pains. It leads to a daily sprint to be outraged the fastest and mostest all over the web. It's fatuous and disingenuous and undermines legitimate "outrages".

I feel like 90% of the time, people need to just lighten up. It's pretty fucking harsh for someone to pin all sorts of identifiers and negative characteristics on folks just because he/she can't see the humor in something.

I mean, I could say all that. But then I thought to myself, "if someone is willing to squeeze their butt cheeks that tight just to squeeze out a little cloud of moral superiority to sit on, who am I to point out to them that those sort of reactions are why "pc" is such a loaded term?"

I'm being a bit Swiftian in my response. The point is, everyone is a piece of shit.
How did I know you were going to be the one to reply?

#mobilepost

Reactions: Section1Guy
You throw up the bat signal, you get Batman.
The thing is, it's possible to believe that everyone should lighten the fuck up, while also understanding and being sensitive to the fact that there's real hurt and reasonable sensitivity out there. The question, for me anyway, is how to give honor to both of those beliefs.

It's pretty fucking harsh for someone to pin all sorts of identifiers and negative characteristics on folks just because he/she can't see the humor in something.

Yeah, totally.

But then I thought to myself, "if someone is willing to squeeze their butt cheeks that tight just to squeeze out a little cloud of moral superiority to sit on,

*thinking face emoji*

(why don't we have that one?)

If I'm understanding you correctly, the research was more about how teams/developers combat anti-stadium groups and not about building there?
Think more about testing the market from a price/interest standpoint. Maybe similar demographics in other areas of the city to try to adapt their approach, etc. Either way it's basically fodder, but you'd assume helpful to the endgame. If the Cosmos weren't getting a sniff in LI, there's no reason to think NYC would, either.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
The thing is, it's possible to believe that everyone should lighten the fuck up, while also understanding and being sensitive to the fact that there's real hurt and reasonable sensitivity out there. The question, for me anyway, is how to give honor to both of those beliefs.
Can't disageee with that intent. I would only take umbrage with the idea that the words and implicit tone of your post were in pursuit of that goal.

I mean, I didn't even write the initial post and your response annoyed me. I think the real reason you knew I would reply is you knew exactly how it sounded and that it would offend my differing sensibilities. Sure, they aren't yours. But they are pretty damn reasonable to me.

It would seem to me then, you're either admitting you're guilty of intentionally offending my reasonable sensibilities or I should change said sensibilities to suit your ideals, as you are the ultimate arbiter of my reasonableness. And that sits far worse with me than someone jokingly comparing a stadium location to a woman.

I mean really, is it geometrically more distressing to hear this guy sing this:

Because based on the initial complaint, this song should be banned everywhere for misogyny and prurience. Poor old James.

You rang?

With all due respect and an assumption of best intentions – I don't think that all people born into privilege share your opinion but I am fairly sure that people born into privilege are much, much more likely to. Which is to say that if you weren't, you might find yourself more able to sympathize.

That said, I agree that there are broader issues. But who says that one can't attempt to ameliorate a multitude of issues?

Can't disageee with that intent. I would only take umbrage with the idea that the words and implicit tone of your post were in pursuit of that goal.

I mean, I didn't even write the initial post and your response annoyed me. I think the real reason you knew I would reply is you knew exactly how it sounded and that it would offend my differing sensibilities. Sure, they aren't yours. But they are pretty damn reasonable to me.

It would seem to me then, you're either admitting you're guilty of intentionally offending my reasonable sensibilities or I should change said sensibilities to suit your ideals, as you are the ultimate arbiter of my reasonableness. And that sits far worse with me than someone jokingly comparing a stadium location to a woman.

I mean really, is it geometrically more distressing to hear this guy sing this:

Because based on the initial complaint, this song should be banned everywhere for misogyny and prurience. Poor old James.
Too drunk to try to understand let alone respond to this.

It would seem to me then, you're either admitting you're guilty of intentionally offending my reasonable sensibilities or I should change said sensibilities to suit your ideals, as you are the ultimate arbiter of my reasonableness.

giphy.gif

With all due respect and an assumption of best intentions – I don't think that all people born into privilege share your opinion but I am fairly sure that people born into privilege are much, much more likely to. Which is to say that if you weren't, you might find yourself more able to sympathize.

That said, I agree that there are broader issues. But who says that one can't attempt to ameliorate a multitude of issues?
There's a lot wrong with what you said, and saying "all due respect" doesn't absolve it. (ETA: Notice how that differs from the original complaints here? It says, I disagree with what you say, It doesn't render any judgment on your character or personal background or intelligence for saying it. Is it not a big fucking problem that I had to point that out?)

In the interest of not digressing further, I'll leave it with saying the privilege-induced, self-loathing guilt trip doesn't work on me. You've already made clear your presumptions as to why that would be the case (eta: again, there it is. A big fucking part of why this shit pisses me off.).

You're happy with them. Who am I to break anyone's world narrative? (ETA: fine. Fuck it. I'm not perfect. This is pretty much insulting you for stereotyping me.)

Last edited:
When I moved here I just googled nearby curling clubs and they seemed so far away, I also had no knowledge of the LIRR.

I actually have a couple clients out in Farmingdale and Huntington, so not too far away, I may have to consider signing up for this next winter.

There's curling in Ardsley up here in Westchester. I've always wanted to go check it out. The wild thing about curling is that its basically a drinking game. Cornhole, horseshoes, curling... All the same thing. Why don't they drink?

There's curling in Ardsley up here in Westchester. I've always wanted to go check it out. The wild thing about curling is that its basically a drinking game. Cornhole, horseshoes, curling... All the same thing. Why don't they drink?
How are the women? Very nice I'd guess based on how upright they can keep those broomsticks in low temps.

And without even touching the stones, too.

There's a lot wrong with what you said, and saying "all due respect" doesn't absolve it. (ETA: Notice how that differs from the original complaints here? It says, I disagree with what you say, It doesn't render any judgment on your character or personal background or intelligence for saying it. Is it not a big fucking problem that I had to point that out?)

In the interest of not digressing further, I'll leave it with saying the privilege-induced, self-loathing guilt trip doesn't work on me. You've already made clear your presumptions as to why that would be the case (eta: again, there it is. A big fucking part of why this shit pisses me off.).

You're happy with them. Who am I to break anyone's world narrative? (ETA: fine. Fuck it. I'm not perfect. This is pretty much insulting you for stereotyping me.)
Oh dear.

You make a few leaps yourself, but in the interests of cutting this sorry episode short, I'll try to be concise.

First, believe it or not, this was said with respect.

Second, my post was not intended to induce guilt, self-loathing or anger, but instead sympathy and understanding. Clearly I was off the mark.

Reactions: Ulrich
Oh dear.

You make a few leaps yourself, but in the interests of cutting this sorry episode short, I'll try to be concise.

First, believe it or not, this was said with respect.

Second, my post was not intended to induce guilt, self-loathing or anger, but instead sympathy and understanding. Clearly I was off the mark.
The brand of it that presumes I have some particularly privileged background isn't one I'm particularly interested in.

ETA: In any event, I didnt think you intended to be malicious. But that just continues to make the point.

Reactions: Kjbert
The brand of it that presumes I have some particularly privileged background isn't one I'm particularly interested in.

ETA: In any event, I didnt think you intended to be malicious. But that just continues to make the point.
I thought I worded that carefully enough to allow for that not being the case, but I'm also fine with admitting to being mistaken about that.