Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Now that's a well written article. Doesn't take a side. Simply takes something in question and states the facts. Don't say that IT IS the stadium plan but IF it is here are some obstacles to overcome.

Apologies, Fred- I go to GP all the time for GAA stuff, but I've never come across NYU teams, only Manhattan College. Very interesting. As for Bakers field, considering how notoriously bad the Lions are, hard to see Columbia be willing to jump through all the hoops that they would have to in order to get a big stadium project approved, no? There was a lot of community resistance to the new building (if I recall correctly) and the University is focused on construction of its new campus. Of course, if the pot gets sweetened significantly by NYC FC and it's a big reward for minimal effort (like with the Olympic bid) maybe they would go for it...[
NYU most certainly does play their home games at Gaelic Park and I clearly mentioned that it's 2 city blocks by 1 city block -- too small to hold a stadium.
http://www.gonyuathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=msoc&

I played one season for Mount St Vincent, we also played our home games at Gaelic Park. This was 20+ years ago, and the first year they ever fielded a men's soccer team. No idea if they still have a team, but that was a beautiful field to play on for a season.

Don't put any credence whatsoever into the CNBC article. For starters, the Rooney family that owns Yomkers Raceway is entirely divested from the branch that owns the Steelers. The idiot needs to do some fact checking. Just goes to show you how foolish that article was.

I've said it before. This is all one big circle jerk to get rich Arab Sheikhs to pay off some of the city's debt. De Blasio is scum.

Reactions: Pattyboybx
Shite. Garber just interviewed during half time of the Red Bulls--New England match and talk turned to new stadiums on the horizon for MLS.

He's all excited over stadium talk in Boston, DC, Orlando and LA.......zero mention of NY.

meh

Reactions: 413Blue
Shite. Garber just interviewed during half time of the Red Bulls--New England match and talk turned to new stadiums on the horizon for MLS.

He's all excited over stadium talk in Boston, DC, Orlando and LA.......zero mention of NY.

meh

OK, but what about Washington stadium ? Zero mention, but we know that there are good new about it.......

Jets, giants, red bulls, all gave up and went to jersey. It will get done. It might take time, but seeing ys filled for home game will certainly help.
Very true point except one- Red Bulls never gave up. They were the Metrostars and then decided to re-brand themselves into NY. For that reason, I'll never root for them.

Reactions: PatrickRivera
How does everyone feel about a stadium on Roosevelt Island? Theres anough space:
View attachment 901
Right on South Point Park

That would be a traffic nightmare with that one main road, and small bridge. I don't see the community ever agreeing to this. Plus, I doubt there would be any room for a stadium and parking on the island. It's really narrow.

Reactions: Kjbert
That would be a traffic nightmare with that one main road, and small bridge. I don't see the community ever agreeing to this. Plus, I doubt there would be any room for a stadium and parking on the island. It's really narrow.
why not take the train or tram?

That empty space on Roosevelt Island is a park that's had a lot of work done lately, and the island has a bunch of new luxury apartment buildings just recently went up and I don't think it's realistic to shove a stadium there. Personally would be convenient for me taking the F train back home to central Queens.

Oh, and some dismissed it as "not ideal." It's probably just a turn of phrase, but no stadium site is likely to be particularly ideal.

I don't think the tram is design for that kinda traffic.
F Train (240 person capacty per car) AND Tram (with a capacity of 110 passenegers per car), i dont think pedestrian traffic would be bad. The stadium will jump-start small business there (im sure bars will pop up).

The view from that point is just too good to give up (empire state building, midtown all the way to the freedom towe AND downtown brooklyn).

The land is already city owned so it wouldnt matter what the local community thinks

The tram?? Have you ever been on that thing or even looked at it? That's not even an option.

Plus, there will be many fans who don't live in the city limits and need to drive. There will be people driving to the games.
F Train (240 person capacty per car) AND Tram (with a capacity of 110 passenegers per car).