Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So I think we may have a plant at City and State too ;)

City and State: Francisco Moya Aims for City Hall

C&S: Have to ask you a couple soccer questions –

FM: My favorite subject!

C&S: Your district now does not cover Willets Point, but the City Council district does. Is this just a plan to get NYCFC to move to Queens?

FM: (laughs) Look, I don’t think we’re even close to thinking about that. I’m a huge supporter of soccer and the promotion of the sport. I think it’s the greatest sport in the world.

Promoting it to bring soccer to communities like mine, where I don’t think there’s any free patch of grass that’s available – people are playing soccer. But one of the things that I love is to see that we have young kids participating in the world’s greatest sport. I’ve had the good fortune to make friends with one of the greatest soccer players of all time, David Villa, who has come to the district and has done many free clinics with the kids from our public schools. And I hope to continue doing that as we go forward into the council as well.

C&S: Does it hurt to see Real Madrid in the Champions League final?

FM: It always hurts to see Madrid in any final. Given that the greatest team of all time, FC Barcelona, is on the sidelines this year. We have the greatest player in the world, Leo Messi. But I’m looking forward to when they come here and play in New York in the next couple of months.

Reactions: Kjbert
We really need this index. I believe that was discussed somewhere between 100-160.
My effort to make it not sound too sarcastic/mean inadvertently removed all of the sarcasm/meanness.

It's like if you were dying of thirst and standing right next to a water fountain and I casually asked you if you tried the water fountain.

Maybe. But I've read numerous articles about possible locations and failed attempts and not one of them mentioned that possibility. Not knowing why, I wanted to know why.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
Maybe. But I've read numerous articles about possible locations and failed attempts and not one of them mentioned that possibility. Not knowing why, I wanted to know why.

The new Yankee Stadium was built on a local park, and part of the deal was that they replace all parkland that was lost in the neighborhood. The city would never agree to go back and renege on that deal, as it would be much too politically toxic. There's barely any decent space around there that they could try to pass off as a viable swap to replace the as-is replacement park either.

Reactions: Statler and Kjbert