Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Well I see I've stirred it up yet again!

Skyline is not the Texas-style chili that most people think of when they think of chili, it's its own thing. Cinnamon and chocolate believe it or not. Allegedly first made by some people from Greece who settled in the area but I'm not sure that's exactly the truth. I prefer it four-way, with spaghetti, chili, cheese, and onions. Oyster crackers on the side. If I had money and knew anything at all about how these things are done I'd open up a franchise right in midtown somewhere. That's how much I want some right now.
ways.jpg
I don't think you're telling any of us who had tried it anything new. Like I said, don't like the sweet and cinnamon. AAMOF, it makes me a little nauseous thinking about it right now.

Nevertheless, apparently people there like it. They also like the Bengals. So who the fuck knows what happens there.

Btw, what is your conception of Texas style chilli? Because I don't think that it's at all what most people consider chilli. (That's not saying mine is right, btw)

Last edited:
I don't think you're telling any of us who had tried it anything new. Like I said, don't like the sweet and cinnamon. AAMOF, it makes me a little nauseous thinking about it right now.

Nevertheless, apparently people there like it. They also like the Bengals. So who the fuck knows what happens there.

Btw, what is your conception of Texas style chilli? Because I don't think that it's at all what most people consider chilli. (That's not saying mine is right, btw)

I'm a big Chili guy and I could barely even get one bite into Skyline. I don't get the hype.

Every single tailgate in college some guy would bring Skyline from over 4 hours away, as if it wasn't already disgusting enough.
This actually made me laugh out loud.

I once went to Akron for a weekend to see a Todd Rundgren concert* and while I was there went to see the AA-level Akron Aeros** play ball. I love minor league baseball on occasion but for me the high point of the game was that they had brought in Skyline in those large aluminized "hot bag" things.***

* Actually it was two Todd concerts that Labor Day weekend (2009 I think) and two more the next year as well. But that's a whole 'nother story.
** Now renamed to the Akron RubberDucks (no space). I kid you not.
*** Note that there is no Skyline in Akron. They literally brought it in in bags from some Skyline somewhere. For your dining enjoyment, of course.

Reactions: Paul
Well I see I've stirred it up yet again!

Skyline is not the Texas-style chili that most people think of when they think of chili, it's its own thing. Cinnamon and chocolate believe it or not. Allegedly first made by some people from Greece who settled in the area but I'm not sure that's exactly the truth. I prefer it four-way, with spaghetti, chili, cheese, and onions. Oyster crackers on the side. If I had money and knew anything at all about how these things are done I'd open up a franchise right in midtown somewhere. That's how much I want some right now.
ways.jpg
I do welcome you, if you ever go to Milwaukee, give Real Chili a try, because it has some similarities, but without the sweetness (no chocolate or cinnamon).

Real Chili was a Marquette University staple, and often our go-to spot after a long night of drinking. Get the Marquette special included noodles, beans, chili (though I do agree with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan that it isn't really chili), cheese, onions, and oyster crackers on the side).

Basically, the pieces are the same, but the meat is just done differently. I know local Cincy folks rave about Skyline (and isn't there another one in the area too?), but am curious as to what your thoughts would be on Real Chili.

I do welcome you, if you ever go to Milwaukee, give Real Chili a try, because it has some similarities, but without the sweetness (no chocolate or cinnamon).

Real Chili was a Marquette University staple, and often our go-to spot after a long night of drinking. Get the Marquette special included noodles, beans, chili (though I do agree with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan that it isn't really chili), cheese, onions, and oyster crackers on the side).

Basically, the pieces are the same, but the meat is just done differently. I know local Cincy folks rave about Skyline (and isn't there another one in the area too?), but am curious as to what your thoughts would be on Real Chili.
Well I have no immediate plans to go to Milwaukee but hey, why the heck not? I think the other Cinti chili place you mean might be Gold's but there's a few of them.

Added Real Chili to my Mapstr page, so that means I'll probably get there eventually.