Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I Like the optimism in this tread.

Im thinking its going to be about 10 years if they get a stadium in the city

Will be less however, if they decide to go out to the boondocks.

So with the derby getting 33,600 odd

How many people will jump aboard once nycfc get a proper stadium?

Id imagine there are a fair number of fans who are waiting for that.

I thought 30k would be plenty of seats, but im thinking 35k might be the right amount now.

I thought 30k would be plenty of seats, but im thinking 35k might be the right amount now.
All depends on where the stadium is located and what the net effect will be. If it's poorly accessible, then we will probably lose more fans than we gained from having a new stadium. Yankee Stadium is very well located, many other places, even within the city, are going to be much worse.

Yesterday's game was electric. The crowd was amazing. Could you imagine even 30k for every game? I'd sign up for that. I'd still cap any future stadium between 28-30k.

All depends on where the stadium is located and what the net effect will be. If it's poorly accessible, then we will probably lose more fans than we gained from having a new stadium. Yankee Stadium is very well located, many other places, even within the city, are going to be much worse.

It also depends upon ticket prices. A new stadium is going to generate more demand for sure, but they could capture that value through volume or pricing.

Yesterday's game was electric. The crowd was amazing. Could you imagine even 30k for every game? I'd sign up for that. I'd still cap any future stadium between 28-30k.

Depending on location, 28 k is our wheelhouse. Any more and I'm afraid the stadium will look empty for he majority of matches. Sure, there are games where we could easily exceed capacity like Derby games but that's true of any sports franchise. There will always be outliers.

Depending on location, 28 k is our wheelhouse. Any more and I'm afraid the stadium will look empty for he majority of matches. Sure, there are games where we could easily exceed capacity like Derby games but that's true of any sports franchise. There will always be outliers.

100% agree with this. My biggest concern with a new stadium is pricing out fans. Look at the ticket prices when the Yankees moved to the new stadium!

100% agree with this. My biggest concern with a new stadium is pricing out fans. Look at the ticket prices when the Yankees moved to the new stadium!

That's a great point. For the first time I can remember, the Yankees are actually advertising to sell tickets. We don't need all the bells and whistles, restaurants and other BS. Keep the cost down, build a functional stadium and make it accessible.

Too much. Loved the derby, but that's the exception, and youll have empty spaces the rest of the time.

Even yesterday, the atmosphere would've been even better with 30K in a full building. All those folks in the upper deck couldn't have come. Oh, darn.

(Though I guess it was fun watching them leave)

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
That's a great point. For the first time I can remember, the Yankees are actually advertising to sell tickets. We don't need all the bells and whistles, restaurants and other BS. Keep the cost down, build a functional stadium and make it accessible.
Please send this to the FO. I'd happily co-sign

Reactions: Kjbert

You want those games to be a hot ticket commodity too. Average New Yorkers would clamor to get into events that are hard to get into. Plus, we understand what it means to have 30k people watching soccer here, but the normies don't. From a marketing perspective, it's safe to say that a sold out 27k packed house is going to create more buzz and new supporters than 30k with 35k capacity.

I've brought friends to some games that don't watch soccer and have the -it's cute impression. It's hard to be taken that seriously by outsiders when half the place is empty right now.

You want those games to be a hot ticket commodity too. Average New Yorkers would clamor to get into events that are hard to get into. Plus, we understand what it means to have 30k people watching soccer here, but the normies don't. From a marketing perspective, it's safe to say that a sold out 27k packed house is going to create more buzz and new supporters than 30k with 35k capacity.

I've brought friends to some games that don't watch soccer and have the -it's cute impression. It's hard to be taken that seriously by outsiders when half the place is empty right now.

Spot on. Undersell and over deliver.

So yesterday I went to Coney Island to see Todd Rundgren (for maybe the 7 billionth time). I left at around 9:45pm and it took me two hours to get home on the N train. Typical trip home from Yankee Stadium is almost never even an hour.

Coney Island is far away. That is all.