Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The only thing that has begun to bother me a bit this season is how empty it has felt when the attendance is low. 19k looks very scattered at YS and it affects the experience for fan and likely even team. I am content with other aspects for the time being and still feel warm and fuzzy when I get to the stadium. Though I do still daydream about a SSS.

The only thing that has begun to bother me a bit this season is how empty it has felt when the attendance is low. 19k looks very scattered at YS and it affects the experience for fan and likely even team. I am content with other aspects for the time being and still feel warm and fuzzy when I get to the stadium. Though I do still daydream about a SSS.

They should close and tarp sections blocked by foul poles and behind home plate.

Reactions: Kjbert
They should close and tarp sections blocked by foul poles and behind home plate.

I kind of wish they didn't open the seats behind home plate for Sunday's game. If my first experience with soccer in YS was sitting there I wouldn't be in a hurry to come back. The foul poles don't bother me so much.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I kind of wish they didn't open the seats behind home plate for Sunday's game. If my first experience with soccer in YS was sitting there I wouldn't be in a hurry to come back. The foul poles don't bother me so much.

You're almost better opening small parts of the 300 level that are closer to the field and midfield. Again, it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Don't even get me started on the field size. The could make the field wider with both simple modifications.

For the 47th time, the biggest issue with YS that tends to get overlooked is scheduling. Extra weekday games, no rescheduling flexibility, Saturday afternoon games, no hosted friendlies, no USOC games, no home games the last month of the season until the last game, etc.
I think you made that up - are you really sure you mentioned it 46 previous times, or are you playing fast and loose with the numbers?

For the 47th time, the biggest issue with YS that tends to get overlooked is scheduling. Extra weekday games, no rescheduling flexibility, Saturday afternoon games, no hosted friendlies, no USOC games, no home games the last month of the season until the last game, etc.

And what happens if the Yankees make a deeper run in the playoffs? We might even lose that last home game too.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Last edited:
Completely agree with this. At Red Bull Arena if they'd ever manage to get 19,000 people to show up that place'd feel totally full. At Yankee Stadium though 19,000 is only 40% of capacity. Even with a "full sellout" we're still only just barely over half full.

i know its not the most ideal thing in the world. but am i the only one who doesnt hate going to yankee stadium?

No, you're not. The atmosphere is better than you'd think, there are plenty of good seats if you know where to buy them, and it provides a very good home-field advantage.

For fans, it's easy to get to by car, subway, or metro north. We could do a lot worse than Yankee Stadium and while this club needs to get its own stadium, having Yankee Stadium as its temporary home is not the worst thing in the world. It's fine.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
i know its not the most ideal thing in the world. but am i the only one who doesnt hate going to yankee stadium?
If I had seats on the sideline, I would probably feel otherwise, but on the end line covered I've been pretty happy. A seat in a SSS probably has nearly the same sightline.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
No, you're not. The atmosphere is better than you'd think, there are plenty of good seats if you know where to buy them, and it provides a very good home-field advantage.

For fans, it's easy to get to by car, subway, or metro north. We could do a lot worse than Yankee Stadium and while this club needs to get its own stadium, having Yankee Stadium as its temporary home is not the worst thing in the world. It's fine.

As a temporary solution it's fine but it looks to be lasting much longer than it should. 3 years in and no discernible progress. It will take years to build so at the rate this is developing the club will be at least 5 years old and that's if we purchase a lot tomorrow.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD
As a temporary solution it's fine but it looks to be lasting much longer than it should. 3 years in and no discernible progress. It will take years to build so at the rate this is developing the club will be at least 5 years old and that's if we purchase a lot tomorrow.

Oh, the club will be past 5 by the time we're in an SSS. I think 6.5 is a good over/under for action.

Reactions: Ulrich
Oh, the club will be past 5 by the time we're in an SSS. I think 6.5 is a good over/under for action.
Agreed. I see an announcement within 12months. Then 6months for zoning/DOB approvals and 2 years for construction. That'd be the start of season 7, but with our SSS luck, there'd be typical construction problems and a 6month delay so middle of the summer season 7.

Reactions: adam
Agreed. I see an announcement within 12months. Then 6months for zoning/DOB approvals and 2 years for construction. That'd be the start of season 7, but with our SSS luck, there'd be typical construction problems and a 6month delay so middle of the summer season 7.
Obviously don't know how credible it is, but I was told by someone in the FO that we would have a "meaningful update" in 2017. 4 months to go so I'm holding out.

Well, the land use approval is going to be at least a year: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/planning/download/pdf/applicants/applicant-portal/lur.pdf

And that's if no separate state issues pop up that need separate approval (and with a project of this size, there probably will be). So I'd guess that a good outcome would be 3-3 1/2 years.