Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
It's easier for me, but LIC is still the best overall location. I'd be stunned if the club ended up in Belmont. I'd also be surprised if the Islanders didn't.

That said, Bianco's point is worth noting: a stadium at Belmont could be largely in the boroughs, as there is a strip of land east of the Cross Island that is in Queens (remember, any stadium that is built at that site will be South of Rt 24, not where the current racetrack is). The bulk of the space is Nassau. Could give them the ability to stay the stadium is in NYC (at least partially), even if all the parking ends up in Nassau.

Last edited:
I'm still surprised there's appetite for ANOTHER arena in NYC, especially since there are 4 now in the metro area (MSG, Barclays, Prudential in NJ, Nassau Coliseum in LI). The main reason the Isles moved to barclays in the first place is cause of the additional NYC tourists and corporate folks they could draw that they wouldn't draw in LI. Going back to Belmont basically reintroduces that problem and stunts their fanbase growth. And with the vast number of arenas already available, I hardly think Belmont would be used that often for concerts and such. A SSS is much more unique and could be a cool alternative, but Belmont is not the location for us.

It's easier for me, but LIC is still the best overall location. I'd be stunned if the club ended up in Belmont. I'd also be surprised if the Islanders didn't.

That said, Bianco's point is worth noting: a stadium at Belmont could be largely in the boroughs, as there is a strip of land east of the Cross Island that is in Queens (remember, any stadium that is built at that site will be South of Rt 24, not where the current racetrack is). The bulk of the space is Nassau. Could give them the ability to stay the stadium is in NYC (at least partially), even if all the parking ends up in Nassau.

Splitting hairs here. If you need to explain it then you probably shouldn't do it. The impact to the fan base will be the same if it's partially in Nassau or all in Nassau.

I'm still surprised there's appetite for ANOTHER arena in NYC, especially since there are 4 now in the metro area (MSG, Barclays, Prudential in NJ, Nassau Coliseum in LI). The main reason the Isles moved to barclays in the first place is cause of the additional NYC tourists and corporate folks they could draw that they wouldn't draw in LI. Going back to Belmont basically reintroduces that problem and stunts their fanbase growth. And with the vast number of arenas already available, I hardly think Belmont would be used that often for concerts and such. A SSS is much more unique and could be a cool alternative, but Belmont is not the location for us.
There are only two stadium in the city and are both for baseball which sucks for any other event.

Splitting hairs here. If you need to explain it then you probably shouldn't do it. The impact to the fan base will be the same if it's partially in Nassau or all in Nassau.
Oh, agreed. That's why I said I'd be stunned, and it's certainly not my choice for a location.

A little worried, though, that someone with orders to make progress might see this fact as justification for pressing forward, if they're not making progress in other places.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
There are only two stadium in the city and are both for baseball which sucks for any other event.

I've seen college football at Yankee Stadium and it's alright.

I mean, they have tennis at Madison Square Garden once a year.

Reactions: Kjbert
Someone mentioned something to me today

NYCFC Academy ends up on the redeveloped site
That could make sense. Plant a flag in Eastern Queens/Nassau, then build the Stadium in the Bronx or Western Queens. Spend money on a site the State wants to see developed, and earn some goodwill for the eventual Stadium location.

That could make sense. Plant a flag in Eastern Queens/Nassau, then build the Stadium in the Bronx or Western Queens. Spend money on a site the State wants to see developed, and earn some goodwill for the eventual Stadium location.
That would honestly be awesome. Maybe a home for NYCFC2, and/or a women's team. I'd be down for that.

A step further - add public soccer fields that people can come and enjoy. Grow the game here and get more goodwill towards the city.

I hope the Academy will also have free transportation for the players from a centralized location. Remember that kid that had the video promo, the kid we all want to see succeed, he already has a crazy-ass commute to the current location, and it has public transit for his four segments of travel. Wtf is a kid like him to do if tasked with getting to Belmont for daily practice? There better be a blue NYCFC bus making the rounds.

does that make sense? i thought they were using the World Class FC fields across the street for the training center being built.

also, will NYS even want that ? i mean its not "creating revenue" like a stadium or arena would

Reactions: Ulrich
I hate the idea of having a stadium at Belmont and I'm from Long Island

Ditto.

I work in Union Square (4 train) and my girlfriend lives in Yonkers (<10 minute drive to the end of the 4 at Woodlawn). Yankee Stadium (or thereabouts) is pretty much the perfect location for me. Willets Point honestly wouldn't be bad either!

The only positive to Belmont is that there's always plenty of parking on the Cross Island. /s

Yankee Stadium isn't perfect, but it's good enough that there's no reason to rush into a bad spot that doesn't work for the team. Wait for the right opportunity. If we're in Yankee Stadium for 10 years, I don't think it's the end of the world. It's good enough.

I know that they've been really happy with the arrangement at St John's.

New York FC has a nice ring to it... I can hear the chants in my head.
Newwww Yorkkkk FC oooooOooo ooooOooo New York FC

I think we all agree that Yankee Stadium is not ideal (and in fact sacrilegious) to watch the game we love but it's all we have for now and should be prepared to stay there a while until the right space comes up rather then rush to a new site.

I'm on Long Island and would not want the stadium anywhere near Belmont (I don't think this will happen anyway). It would be easier for me and I would still go but you can bet overall it would kill most of the atmosphere and renewals would tank.

I personally prefer a spot in Queens as you can still attain the same attendance more or less and create the same environment and have public access.

If I'm the club, my preferred site is in the Bronx. You have a "known" experience, attendance and history that you would just need to Lift and Shift to a new venue in the Bronx. Less risk.