Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I got invited by a NYCFC Rep tomorrow or next Tuesday for a sit down with the club's President about Stadium news. Idk what the man is going to say but as long as BDB is in office, a stadium in NYC is not going to happen. I'm willing to give up on my "name imprinted in stone on our futuristic SSS" cause of that. StubHub sells tickets for cheap anyways.

I got invited by a NYCFC Rep tomorrow or next Tuesday for a sit down with the club's President about Stadium news. Idk what the man is going to say but as long as BDB is in office, a stadium in NYC is not going to happen. I'm willing to give up on my "name imprinted in stone on our futuristic SSS" cause of that. StubHub sells tickets for cheap anyways.

If I recall, they had something like this last year. Pretty sure it was just for market research. Regardless...

Wear a wire, mic yourself up.

Cosmos got big public backlash from the Belmont site, so adding a bigger club with more fans, more noise, more everything... it wouldn't go through. There's really nothing to see here unless it's potentially for a NYC2 or women's team, which would be a fantastic buy.

We could potentially see this again if the Yankees make a deep playoff run. We play the Crew October 22nd.

Reactions: Kjbert
They could build an enormous academy / training grounds like the one they have in Manchester at Belmont.

23E1F38200000578-2862372-image-a-8_1418053535630.jpg
Like that but surround it in mixed use developments to appease the neighbors. Would be cool, I think.

I'm not that clued in on NYC development / planning or what goes into the engineering of a stadium, so forgive me, but isn there any sort of facility/structure being redeveloped or moved or rebuilt in the near-term (next 5 years?) that a stadium could be built in conjunction with - next to, on top of, anything.... convention center? bus terminal? airport? old postal service distribution center? another stadium or arena (how old is MSG now?) Some large structure somewhere in the city must be falling apart and ready to be redeveloped... right? Of course, this type of thing would be incredibly complicated / maybe impossible.... but just wondering...

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I'm not that clued in on NYC development / planning or what goes into the engineering of a stadium, so forgive me, but isn there any sort of facility/structure being redeveloped or moved or rebuilt in the near-term (next 5 years?) that a stadium could be built in conjunction with - next to, on top of, anything.... convention center? bus terminal? airport? old postal service distribution center? another stadium or arena (how old is MSG now?) Some large structure somewhere in the city must be falling apart and ready to be redeveloped... right? Of course, this type of thing would be incredibly complicated / maybe impossible.... but just wondering...
To do all of those, mad money would have to be thrown in for the construction/engineering, but more importantly there are zoning issues and FAR (floor area ratio - the Square footage of a lot times a multiplier set by zoning, I.e. can only build so much on yea-big of a space).

If we're going to throw that sort of money at the problem, just tell the city that CFG will rebuild Pier-40 for the stadium, extend the pier to add a half dozen community fields, and top it off with a $50M trust for the entire west side river park.

To do all of those, mad money would have to be thrown in for the construction/engineering, but more importantly there are zoning issues and FAR (floor area ratio - the Square footage of a lot times a multiplier set by zoning, I.e. can only build so much on yea-big of a space).

If we're going to throw that sort of money at the problem, just tell the city that CFG will rebuild Pier-40 for the stadium, extend the pier to add a half dozen community fields, and top it off with a $50M trust for the entire west side river park.
And they'll still pay more money for Man City in fucking transfers.

Reactions: Kjbert