Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So yall gonna make fun of a new york team not playing in NY yet are okay with a NYC team not playing in NYC but "close enough"? Lmao then the cosmos would be the only NY team not bullshitting their fans. Stadium has to be in the five boroughs. otherwise this team isnt NYCFC anymore, just NYFC. Which sounds much lamer and makes all the merch we bought till now obsolete

So yall gonna make fun of a new york team not playing in NY yet are okay with a NYC team not playing in NYC but "close enough"?

You say y'all but pretty sure I am the only one that has wanted Belmont so far. And also, you will never see me make fun of RB for not playing in New York outside of me saying they are from New Jersey. Because they are.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
You say y'all but pretty sure I am the only one that has wanted Belmont so far. And also, you will never see me make fun of RB for not playing in New York outside of me saying they are from New Jersey. Because they are.

You sort of proved his point. If NYC builds a stadium outside of the boroughs, the team is no longer from the city just as the Red Bull's aren't from NY.

aight i jumped the gun on the yall but cmon there is 484 pages i wasnt about to do roll call and flip through and count lol

Stadium done at Belmont before the end of next season (wishful thinking I am sure on the next season part) or no real stadium news in NYC for 10 years... and you guys are pissed about Belmont. Beggars can't be choosers. Belmont is a much better option than no stadium at all. Shit, the parking lot would likely be in Queens.

Let me ask what you would rather, a beautiful stadium in Belmont by 2019 season, or a stadium in Bronx or Manhattan in 2027.

Option 2 please!

You sort of proved his point. If NYC builds a stadium outside of the boroughs, the team is no longer from the city just as the Red Bull's aren't from NY.

Well, I disagree with that point. I think playing in Harrison and playing in a stadium that is literally on the border of Queens is two entirely different things.

I realize my opinion is a) the minority by far, and b) a completely different point of view not actually living in NYC.

I do think we can all agree, the longer we go without a stadium, the more harm it inflicts on the franchise.

Reactions: Kjbert
I realize my opinion is a) the minority by far, and b) a completely different point of view not actually living in NYC.

I do think we can all agree, the longer we go without a stadium, the more harm it inflicts on the franchise.

I don't live in NY either. I agree no stadium is damaging. But I think building a stadium outside the boroughs would be more damaging than staying in YS.

Yonkers and Westchester County already approached the Club and were told no. So yes, if you are going to build outside the 5 boroughs, there is a MUCH better option. Yonkers is serviced by the Subway, MTA Bus and Metro North. It is also convenient by car from Northern, NJ, Westchester and Fairfield. Depending on where it is built in Yonkers, it is also more convenient from Long Island than the West Side of Manhattan as an example.
I can't believe I'm going on with this completely irrelevant discussion (and not blaming anyone but me for that) but it's Friday and with Yonkers you're discussing my home turf. Born and grew up there and commuted to Manhattan from there to go to high school. Yonkers is served by the subway the same way Belmont is. Which is to say the subway doesn't go there. Some subways come closer to the border than the F does to Belmont but it depends what part of Yonkers you're targeting. I lived literally 5 blocks from the Bronx and my commute to the Upper East Side took a full 55-60 minutes. Westchester buses run into the Bronx to connect to the subway. NYC MTA buses do not do the opposite. The areas with Metro North stations don't all overlap with good highway or subway connections. With all that, I'd love for Yonkers to get the stadium if the club dropped the 5-borough requirement. I just doubt it's better than Belmont.

I can't believe I'm going on with this completely irrelevant discussion (and not blaming anyone but me for that) but it's Friday and with Yonkers you're discussing my home turf. Born and grew up there and commuted to Manhattan from there to go to high school. Yonkers is served by the subway the same way Belmont is. Which is to say the subway doesn't go there. Some subways come closer to the border than the F does to Belmont but it depends what part of Yonkers you're targeting. I lived literally 5 blocks from the Bronx and my commute to the Upper East Side took a full 55-60 minutes. Westchester buses run into the Bronx to connect to the subway. NYC MTA buses do not do the opposite. The areas with Metro North stations don't all overlap with good highway or subway connections. With all that, I'd love for Yonkers to get the stadium if the club dropped the 5-borough requirement. I just doubt it's better than Belmont.

Yeah, I should say, to amend my earlier statement, that if the NYC area had more suburban subway access the way that, say, the Washington Metro has, I think we could afford to be a little more loose about the city limits requirements. But you go to battle with the subway you have, not the subway you want...

Does anyone know if the content of the bids will be public? Because I'm thinking that if NYCFC bids there will obviously be a shitstorm, and it would be nice to be able to tell if the bid has any obvious poison pills in it, such as "Our bid is contingent on the F Train being extended to within 500 yards of the site within 3 years."
I don't think that's a poison pill, I think that's the only way a Belmont stadium would be anything approaching an acceptable option.
Yonkers is serviced by the Subway
That's reeeeeeaaaaaaly a stretch. You've got a mile walk at least from Van Cortlandt Park on the 1 or Woodlawn on the 4. Maybe the 2 at Wakefield is a touch closer but it's still almost a mile. And all those distances are just to the border, not anywhere in Yonkers itself.

I don't know if leaving the Bronx would hurt us. At least going by Hispanic demographics the Bronx is more Dominican and baseball crazy and Queens has more South Americans and more fútbol fandom. At some point we should consider pandering a bit and targeting a South American star (such as Cuadrado for example) and maybe that would boost attendance if we are in Queens at that point.

I don't think that's a poison pill, I think that's the only way a Belmont stadium would be anything approaching an acceptable option.

That's reeeeeeaaaaaaly a stretch. You've got a mile walk at least from Van Cortlandt Park on the 1 or Woodlawn on the 4. Maybe the 2 at Wakefield is a touch closer but it's still almost a mile. And all those distances are just to the border, not anywhere in Yonkers itself.
I meant it's a poison pill in the sense that it kills the bid because extending the F is not going to happen.Even less possible in any close time frame.

I don't know if leaving the Bronx would hurt us. At least going by Hispanic demographics the Bronx is more Dominican and baseball crazy and Queens has more South Americans and more fútbol fandom. At some point we should consider pandering a bit and targeting a South American star (such as Cuadrado for example) and maybe that would boost attendance if we are in Queens at that point.
dont worry keep singing esta noche or whatever, well be fine on hispanic demographics

I'm still praying we can get the GAL site sorted, and this Belmont play is just a stepping stone to getting it - investing in the state so we get some political capital