• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Let's make it an issue.

No. Don't make it an issue. You don't piss off the incumbent mayor 75 days before the election IF you think you have a deal in place. It's entirely possible, maybe even plausible, that the City of New York and City Football Group have an agreement in place on something - Willets Point, the Garage Debt, GAL - and the Mayor has asked all parties involved to keep their mouth shut. The last thing the Mayor wants during an election is to talk about stadiums and land deals. What the Mayor wants is to wake up and have it be November 8th and he has been re-elected. Anything you do to jeopardize that doesn't help.

We already know that the Club plans to release more information by year end. Whether or not that is wishful thinking or truth, we don't know yet. But it's entirely possible there is a deal in place that can't be discussed until after the election. Politically, that's what I would recommend to the Mayor and CFG.

No. Don't make it an issue. You don't piss off the incumbent mayor 75 days before the election IF you think you have a deal in place. It's entirely possible, maybe even plausible, that the City of New York and City Football Group have an agreement in place on something - Willets Point, the Garage Debt, GAL - and the Mayor has asked all parties involved to keep their mouth shut. The last thing the Mayor wants during an election is to talk about stadiums and land deals. What the Mayor wants is to wake up and have it be November 8th and he has been re-elected. Anything you do to jeopardize that doesn't help.

We already know that the Club plans to release more information by year end. Whether or not that is wishful thinking or truth, we don't know yet. But it's entirely possible there is a deal in place that can't be discussed until after the election. Politically, that's what I would recommend to the Mayor and CFG.

You want to learn the first rule? You'd know if you spent a day in your life. Don't ever open your mouth 'till you know what the shot is.

Where did the club come out and say that we'd get more information by the end of the year?

Where did the club come out and say that we'd get more information by the end of the year?

It could be that I am mixing a post on here with something from Jon Patricoff. Maybe someone like The Toe can confirm - I thought that Patricof stated earlier in the year that they will have news regarding a stadium in 2017.

At Citi Field right now for Lady Gaga. Getting here from the Bronx was pretty easy. I still want a stadium in the Bronx but I am willing to expand my horizons a bit. But I will never back down on the importance of mass transit availability with options.

At Citi Field right now for Lady Gaga. Getting here from the Bronx was pretty easy. I still want a stadium in the Bronx but I am willing to expand my horizons a bit. But I will never back down on the importance of mass transit availability with options.

It's nice to see someone on this Bronxcentric forum come around to Willets West. Not as great as LIC, but it could be a really good landing spot.

Just got back from the Open. It was a slog there and back. Express is (I think) a rush hour thing, so into Manhattan in the morning and out to Queens at night. No idea what it does on weekends. I have to say I was disappointed they didn't do special express trains for the Open.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Queens is definitely more of a slog than the Bronx for me, living in Brooklyn. I can take the 4 train to Yankee stadium in 30 mins, rather than taking the 4/5 to grand central and then switching to the 7, which takes more than an hour.

If it's GAL vs Willets, I vote for GAL hands down.