Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Belmont is a non-starter for most people north of the city. I think Willets would be about as far as I could go on a season ticket long basis coming from Rockland.

This is why I still think the GAL site needs to be #1 on the list. It has a great transit connection to metro north, and the subway. LIRR is even achievable with a connection to Penn Station.

I don't think there's any reasonable way for me to get Belmont from the New Haven area on public transport? I'd probably prefer we stay at Yankee Stadium forever.
Belmont is a non-starter for most people north of the city. I think Willets would be about as far as I could go on a season ticket long basis coming from Rockland.

It's actually easier for us than it is for people in the City itself.

Reactions: Kjbert

Belmont is less than 7 miles of highway driving further away from Westchester than Citi Field, based from the point where 95 & the Hutch converge and you pick Whitestone or Throgs Neck.

7 miles of highway is the deal breaker for you?

The FO must know that the fans are in chaos right now, so it's odd that they haven't released a statement or leaked any sort of information at this point.

laying track
giphy.gif

Belmont is less than 7 miles of highway driving further away from Westchester than Citi Field, based from the point where 95 & the Hutch converge and you pick Whitestone or Throgs Neck.

7 miles of highway is the deal breaker for you?

Have you driven in the Van Wyck before? It can be a parking lot at any given time off the day.

The FO must know that the fans are in chaos right now, so it's odd that they haven't released a statement or leaked any sort of information at this point.

This team continues to leave fans in the cold when it comes to stadium news. 3 years in and we're still in the exploring our options phase.

Have you driven in the Van Wyck before? It can be a parking lot at any given time off the day.

This team continues to leave fans in the cold when it comes to stadium news. 3 years in and we're still in the exploring our options phase.
To be fair, they had a plan in place until De Suckio blew it up.

Reactions: adam

It's not the Van Wyck. It's the Cross Island. The Van Wyck would be the road for Jamaica.

Google: Traffic

Serious question but for a weekend afternoon/evening match is there much traffic? Just looking at maps it says it says it's a 30 minute drive, no traffic. Obviously, for weeknight games traffic would suck but is it also like that on weekends?

Serious question but for a weekend afternoon/evening match is there much traffic? Just looking at maps it says it says it's a 30 minute drive, no traffic. Obviously, for weeknight games traffic would suck but is it also like that on weekends?
Weekend traffic in Bkln/Queens is horrible. It's bad locally, but really bad on the "expressways."

Reactions: Marito and Kjbert
Check it on Waze. Much better traffic drive time info than other map apps (although Google did buy them).