Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Hey, if they want to shoot for the moon, that's awesome. You'd have to build the platform at least 50 feet up or so to ensure that the creek is still navigable. And then there's security issues - you'd need the Coast Guard or NYPD Harbor Unit putting resources into watching it. But if anyone's got the money for a crazy scheme like that, it's CFG...

Hey, if they want to shoot for the moon, that's awesome. You'd have to build the platform at least 50 feet up or so to ensure that the creek is still navigable. And then there's security issues - you'd need the Coast Guard or NYPD Harbor Unit putting resources into watching it. But if anyone's got the money for a crazy scheme like that, it's CFG...

Is the creek currently being used? I live in Williamsburg and could take a long walk to get there so I'm hoping they are getting crazy.

Reactions: Kjbert
Is the creek currently being used? I live in Williamsburg and could take a long walk to get there so I'm hoping they are getting crazy.

There are still a lot of industrial uses as well as some wastewater treatment facilities along the creek so you'd need to make sure that all those ships could still get in and out of the creek without a problem. No idea offhand how high you'd have to go to ensure clearance for different vessels, but I'd imagine it's got to be at least 50-100 feet.

Oh and this was cool to see :)
tenor.gif

Lol, wut? A stadium suspended over the river? I did a reverse image search and found no hits. Surprising for such a large, quality image not to be public.

EDIT: The odds of this happening have to be less than 1% of 1%. I'm just confused as to where the image is from. Probably fan-made. If we are able to build over the tracks on the banks, we don't need more space - especially not with the cost and difficult of a platform spanning a dirty river.

Last edited:
Lol, wut? A stadium suspended over the river? I did a reverse image search and found no hits. Surprising for such a large, quality image not to be public.

EDIT: The odds of this happening have to be less than 1% of 1%. I'm just confused as to where the image is from. Probably fan-made. If we are able to build over the tracks on the banks, we don't need more space - especially not with the cost and difficult of a platform spanning a dirty river.
Seth has been moonlighting hard.

Lol. I'm really wondering if dark knight is officially the greatest troll over, creating fake renderings, throwing the club logo on it, making it look pro, and posting it lol.

Most of the time I work just southeast of there, on both sides of the Greenpoint Ave. bridge, so this fantasy would be INCREDIBLE in terms of me getting to games on work days.

And yes, Newtown Creek is definitely still in use for shipping. Just recently they were barging demolished pieces of the old Kosciuszko Bridge along it.