Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Do we have confirmation that CFG would pay for the entire stadium and wouldn't look for public funding? I have this irrational fear this might happen.

I mean, the way that CFG briefly had a deal with de Blasio's predecessor over a stadium deal which included a fair chunk of tax breaks (which became the prime motivation behind de Blasio canning it when he took over) suggests that CFG are interested in sharing costs in some manner, but ultimately no, we have no confirmation.

Reactions: Bane
I mean, the way that CFG briefly had a deal with de Blasio's predecessor over a stadium deal which included a fair chunk of tax breaks (which became the prime motivation behind de Blasio canning it when he took over) suggests that CFG are interested in sharing costs in some manner, but ultimately no, we have no confirmation.
Damn, well, that's not great. No chances the stadium is getting built if we're not going to fund most of it, especially when our owners are the wealthiest in all of MLS (at least I think).

Damn, well, that's not great. No chances the stadium is getting built if we're not going to fund most of it, especially when our owners are the wealthiest in all of MLS (at least I think).

Well in fairness, all I said was that CFG was surely interested in a deal. At the same time, I'm sure they are intelligent enough to recognise that if they aren't going to be able to do a deal then they may have to look at funding it all themselves. What we don't know is how willing they are to seriously consider actually doing that.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Well in fairness, all I said was that CFG was surely interested in a deal. At the same time, I'm sure they are intelligent enough to recognise that if they aren't going to be able to do a deal then they may have to look at funding it all themselves. What we don't know is how willing they are to seriously consider actually doing that.
I'd like to imagine as such. Kind of hard to know how it will go, since I believe this will be CFG's first new stadium they will build?

Patricof has told people on this message board that "money is no object" to them in building a stadium. Whether that means it's no object in the construction cost or no object in the entirety of the project is yet to be seen.

Reactions: Bane
Patricof has told people on this message board that "money is no object" to them in building a stadium. Whether that means it's no object in the construction cost or no object in the entirety of the project is yet to be seen.
That's good to hear and it has to be. I believe our owner is worth around 17 billion, and his family is worth 1 TRILLION.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
I'd like to imagine as such. Kind of hard to know how it will go, since I believe this will be CFG's first new stadium they will build?

Yes it would, unless you count the 7,000 seater stadium they built as part of the training complex in Manchester. They do have experience in building stadium expansions, too.

Reactions: Kjbert and Bane
Yes it would, unless you count the 7,000 seater stadium they built as part of the training complex in Manchester. They do have experience in building stadium expansions, too.
Good research, but obviously this would be their first big baby in terms of stadiums. Please give us a nice stadium versus that Red Bulls Arena garbage.

Reactions: Kjbert

I think there is some dispute over the degree to which there was public funding in the agreement with Bloomberg to build at GAL. The hangup appeared to be over whether the city would eat a loss in terms of money owed by the bankrupt parking garages - money that was not owed by CFG or the Club.

I think there is some dispute over the degree to which there was public funding in the agreement with Bloomberg to build at GAL. The hangup appeared to be over whether the city would eat a loss in terms of money owed by the bankrupt parking garages - money that was not owed by CFG or the Club.
That can be debated, but the important thing is if the club will pay for the complete construction costs.

giphy.gif

That feeling when you see a bunch of new posts but there's no news.

Good research, but obviously this would be their first big baby in terms of stadiums. Please give us a nice stadium versus that Red Bulls Arena garbage.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it garbage by MLS standards it has some decent attributes. Location, the team that plays there and all the cows painted on everything are repulsive. There are not enough bathrooms and the concourse areas are narrow and drab. But once you are in your seat RB arena provides one of the best viewing experience in the league. Almost every seat has great site lines. A large majority of the seats are covered and protected from rain and the stands wrap all the way around the pitch unlike a lot of MLS stadiums that have empty of mostly empty sides.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it garbage by MLS standards it has some decent attributes. Location, the team that plays there and all the cows painted on everything are repulsive. There are not enough bathrooms and the concourse areas are narrow and drab. But once you are in your seat RB arena provides one of the best viewing experience in the league. Almost every seat has great site lines. A large majority of the seats are covered and protected from rain and the stands wrap all the way around the pitch unlike a lot of MLS stadiums that have empty of mostly empty sides.
I don't know, I just found the entire exterior to be absolutely ugly. It's certainly not great compared to some of the other new stadiums being built.

Reactions: Jock and gbservis