Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Maybe they surprise us with GAL or another Bronx site, who knows anymore. I have to imagine that in terms of city approval, we're in a much better spot now than three years ago.

Well, how long do you consider the term "soon" to be? Because I was told an announcement would be made soon and that was said in February.
That confirms all that I need to know then. Don't believe their lies!

Kind of hard to announce anything while in middle of the Belmont process no?

I am interested in seeing next week some renderings they have in mind and ideas for the stadium land as a whole during the meeting.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert

I am interested in seeing next week some renderings they have in mind and ideas for the stadium land as a whole during the meeting.

This is a very obvious point that I'm embarrassed to say never crossed my mind.

I thought you were supposed to be an overworked and tired grad student?

I was told back in April that we would have a significant update by the end of this year......3 weeks to go.... Let's see if it holds true.

Well, how long do you consider the term "soon" to be? Because I was told an announcement would be made soon and that was said in February.

We are all writing it off because we don't like it and don't believe it's a serious bid but is it possible the Belmont bid is the news he was alluding to with the timelines? It's not news that realistically gets us closer to a stadium but technically it's news.

We are all writing it off because we don't like it and don't believe it's a serious bid but is it possible the Belmont bid is the news he was alluding to with the timelines? It's not news that realistically gets us closer to a stadium but technically it's news.
It's very possible, but he HAD to have known that this was not going to be popular news. Either that or he is clueless.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
It's very possible, but he HAD to have known that this was not going to be popular news. Either that or he is clueless.

Well, he has supposedly told people, including those on here, that he knows Belmont is unpopular, so I have to believe it's not that he's clueless.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well, he has supposedly told people, including those on here, that he knows Belmont is unpopular, so I have to believe it's not that he's clueless.
Then let's hope that this "news" is something else, though I doubt it. Don't think anything major can or would be announced until after Belmont is likely awarded to the Islanders.

I have little confidence at this point that we'll hear anything prior to the start of next season. If CFG wanted to make a stadium happen they certainly have the money to grease enough wheels. Meanwhile NYCFC keeps stringing fans along with rumor and innuendo. If an announcement was imminent you'd think there'd be some talk.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
I have little confidence at this point that we'll hear anything prior to the start of next season. If CFG wanted to make a stadium happen they certainly have the money to grease enough wheels. Meanwhile NYCFC keeps stringing fans along with rumor and innuendo. If an announcement was imminent you'd think there'd be some talk.
At least he is blunt. Lol

If there is no major news through next season, the team has to move a lot like this season, and we're not doing too well on the pitch, fans are going to be MAAAAD.

At least he is blunt. Lol

If there is no major news through next season, the team has to move a lot like this season, and we're not doing too well on the pitch, fans are going to be MAAAAD.

I'm fine with moving as long as it's to Citi Field. I honestly think the team should schedule 3-4 games there for next season. Good opportunity to build fanbase in Queens. If it also allows us to cut down on all the early March games that works for me too. The team just needs to have a contingency plan in place when we can't use Yankee Stadium. This year it was like building the plane while being in mid air.

Last edited:
I'm fine with moving as long as it's to Citi Field. I honestly think the team should schedule 3-4 games there for next season. Good opportunity to build fanbase in Queens. If it also allows us to cut down on all the early March games that works for me too. The team just needs to have a contingency plan in place when we can't use Yankee Stadium. This year it was like building the plane while being in mid air.
Wasn't at the Citi game, but from what I heard/read, it turned out well?

Wasn't at the Citi game, but from what I heard/read, it turned out well?

It was fine. They weren't prepared. I think with better preparation, it's a better place to see and play a game. But they were like 1,000 people understaffed and your sight lines are probably worse

It was fine. They weren't prepared. I think with better preparation, it's a better place to see and play a game. But they were like 1,000 people understaffed and your sight lines are probably worse

Much different experience here. Had a great tailgate. Great views from my seats. Bathroom piss was quicker then at YS. Loved the crowd atmosphere. Only issue is they didn’t have enough food stands open or team store. But I already ate at the tailgate, so didn’t really care about stadium food, like I’m forced to at YS.