Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Harlem River Yards has been floated by the club, through some digging there's been a slight change in the dynamics with GAL recently so if the team was willing to walk away from their asking price once, it wouldn't surprise me to see them walk away from it again. Harlem River would be the most logical alternative, though even then I still think it's ultimately coming down to:

Willets Point
GAL
Harlem River Yards

(I'm speculating here but I think LIC is off the table for now as it involves too many moving pieces)

What happened to GAL? Do we know CFG’s bid price and/or GAL’s ask price?

Reactions: Kjbert
Harlem River Yards has been floated by the club, through some digging there's been a slight change in the dynamics with GAL recently so if the team was willing to walk away from their asking price once, it wouldn't surprise me to see them walk away from it again. Harlem River would be the most logical alternative, though even then I still think it's ultimately coming down to:

Willets Point
GAL
Harlem River Yards

(I'm speculating here but I think LIC is off the table for now as it involves too many moving pieces)

giphy.gif

is this similar to the fresh direct one where they are going to have to pay extra for the tracks that are still being used by freights etc

My understanding is that they expect to have some sort of a "Welcome Plaza" when you arrive at the stadium. Does the RBA overlay we use take into account any of the land around RBA? I don't think it does.

My understanding is that they expect to have some sort of a "Welcome Plaza" when you arrive at the stadium. Does the RBA overlay we use take into account any of the land around RBA? I don't think it does.

RBA doesnt even have one....if nycfc is doing that .....then limits options even more

What happened to GAL? Do we know CFG’s bid price and/or GAL’s ask price?
Essentially they sold part of the company to a large investor and did some behind the scenes moves to restructure their business in a way that makes me believe they’re planning on selling the land (eventually) at a very, very high price.

No word on bid or asking price yet.

Willets Point
GAL
Harlem River Yards

Give us a bit more on GAL. New potential purchaser entered the equation or something?

RBA doesnt even have one....if nycfc is doing that .....then limits options even more
Don't we want our stadium to be as we dreamed? Rather find the best site and have a welcome plaza, then just a drop a meh stadium somewhere random, you know?

Don't we want our stadium to be as we dreamed? Rather find the best site and have a welcome plaza, then just a drop a meh stadium somewhere random, you know?

sure....but that limits any spaces out there within the five boroughs alot. hell id want a wider stadium than RBA their concourses are tight but i know we use it as a base to measure since its tight enough to squeeze in potential spaces here

sure....but that limits any spaces out there within the five boroughs alot. hell id want a wider stadium than RBA their concourses are tight but i know we use it as a base to measure since its tight enough to squeeze in potential spaces here
I guess, and a welcome plaza does not have to be THAT huge; we don't need one as large as some teams have. I just hope they give us a nice stadium design and don't go cheap on that. My fear is that they will spend so much money and effort to get the land, that they will skimp out on the actual stadium. ):

I guess, and a welcome plaza does not have to be THAT huge; we don't need one as large as some teams have. I just hope they give us a nice stadium design and don't go cheap on that. My fear is that they will spend so much money and effort to get the land, that they will skimp out on the actual stadium. ):

fair concern.....but maybe at the very least we get a david villa status somewhere in side and call one of the stand the david villa stand or something

Reactions: Kjbert and Bane
fair concern.....but maybe at the very least we get a david villa status somewhere in side and call one of the stand the david villa stand or something
Must get a statue. Not just our GOAT player, but one of MLS's GOAT players.

Reactions: Victors87
Essentially they sold part of the company to a large investor and did some behind the scenes moves to restructure their business in a way that makes me believe they’re planning on selling the land (eventually) at a very, very high price.

No word on bid or asking price yet.
Give us a bit more on GAL. New potential purchaser entered the equation or something?

The Stadium Thread is cyclical. Golden Gate Capital buying a majority stake in GAL was already talked about...100 pages ago, which was only in August 2017...

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-489#post-214867

Willets Point
GAL
Harlem River Yards

I see. I think Willets Point is the best option

Reactions: adam
Per Patricof, the statue of David Villa will be outside in the Welcome Plaza. That's the only reason I know that they want a Welcome Plaza

prefer somewhere inside....dont want that vandalized