Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Mayor Spano of Yonkers has approached NYCFC at least twice that I know of and asked to be involved in the stadium site search.

Reactions: JayH
let's just move the borders - it didn't work for Norway/Finland, but maybe we have a shot
I always thought it would be really awesome if they managed to buy out or go into business with those who own Gaelic Park in the Bronx. Imagine they figure out some way to keep the Irish games playing in the stadium we built, call it Gaelic Park and all. It's a bit more north in the borough but still could be really cool.

Reactions: CatNYC and Kjbert
I always thought it would be really awesome if they managed to buy out or go into business with those who own Gaelic Park in the Bronx. Imagine they figure out some way to keep the Irish games playing in the stadium we built, call it Gaelic Park and all. It's a bit more north in the borough but still could be really cool.

did they only use that park for Gaelic Football games ? i know some Cosmopolitan teams play there i think. Interesting as that has been around since 1926 ( according to wikipedia)

did they only use that park for Gaelic Football games ? i know some Cosmopolitan teams play there i think. Interesting as that has been around since 1926 ( according to wikipedia)
Manhattan College Soccer plays there I believe. Everything from a soccer, rugby, Irish football and hurling is played there. Such a cool history, I used to go there with my Dad when I was young. It would be so cool if they figured out a stadium there.

Reactions: Kjbert
Manhattan College Soccer plays there I believe. Everything from a soccer, rugby, Irish football and hurling is played there. Such a cool history, I used to go there with my Dad when I was young. It would be so cool if they figured out a stadium there.

in the summer or when it gets warm again ill see if i can make it out there ( weekend 1 trains suck) i like the train passing in the back looks cool

Then we can share our stadium with New York's future Major League Rugby team.

Then we can share our stadium with New York's future Major League Rugby team.
That would be really cool. It’s also too bad that something couldn’t be figured out in Van Cortlandt Park. There’s so much space in there it wouldn’t disturb anything. I suppose since it’s New York State parkland it’s quite the hurdle to even envision.

Reactions: CatNYC
Take a look at this article.

http://www.liherald.com/stories/bidders-release-plans-for-belmont-park-at-listening-session,98320

Very interesting: Unlike the Islanders, NYCFC, which currently plays at Yankee Stadium, has explored a number of options in addition to the Elmont complex...Possible venues are said to include a property at the Harlem River Yards in the Motts Haven section of the Bronx currently owned by Empire State Development Corp.,and two sites in the Willets Point section of Queens...'

SOMEBODY INTERPRET WHAT I POSTED!
List of proposed stadium sites:

nycmap.png

Well that's just not fair. I've got one in the Hudson and another in the Central Park Reservoir. Gotta get at least partial credit for those.

If by Hudson you mean Pier 40, that's not an island. I'll count the Reservoir. I think that was my first location for Etihad Island.

Reactions: Kjbert