Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Our soccer stadium would almost certainly be smaller than the mockup in President Katz's slide. It is certainly possible, if not likely, that slide was just put together rather quickly by her staff without a lot of precision.

Reactions: Kjbert
Tunnel vision sucks sometimes.... been so focused on the graphics of that image that I missed the words ‘PHASE B’ for the 17 acres.... ugh.... been one of those weeks.....

Was thinking the same thing and was depressed. Why can’t they work on everything at the same time?

I have it on good authority that the stadium will be closer to 30k than 40k.
(a) What is “good authority,” anyway? This forum is full of guys who know guys who know guys (they tell us).

(b) Plans change, and we’re not nearly at the lock-in stage. Any number you have is basically science fiction, depending on what land actually comes available and what build restrictions actually apply in practice.

(c) An 18k stadium is closer to 30k than it is to 40k. Same goes for a 28k stadium. Unless you’re telling us that you’ve heard a number over 30, then you’re not telling us anything.

(d) What’s the number?

(e) I need more coffee.

Jon Jon 's information is different than what Patricof said in the late summer. He said 25k and that was it.

#1 I cannot listen to the Soccer in the City podcast talk about this. They are both so clueless it hurts to listen to them argue about it.

#2. If we build right next to Citi Field, will our architecture reflect that stadium. I’d love that. Brickwork, old time feel, open concourses.

#3 would both stadiums become known and “the twin cities?”

Jon Jon 's information is different than what Patricof said in the late summer. He said 25k and that was it.

I can only tell you what I've heard and I'll say it's not from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.

Someone asked this person why NYCFC isn't considering going big and building a 40k seat stadium. That person replied that it'll probably be closer to 30k than 40k, but will be built with the ability to expand if the demand is there in the future.

Now that could be 26k or 28k. I'm not saying it's exactly 30k and I'm sure plans can change.

Last edited:
so just some guy.

Unless he is
patricof.jpg

MODS check the IP now plz