• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
View attachment 8545
I'm surprised no one is talking about this.
giphy.gif

what does that mean? like academy kids go to school here and then train? just that there no fields so they will have to go to St. Johns field or upstate to the training center
Yeah I don't get it either. Is the "Soccer University" our academy or just a new high school / elementary school that's part of the "fully integrated and transformative sport and community scheme?" And what do they mean they'll be using the stadium everyday? Is this part of the deal? Can we only get a stadium if it has daily use? It raises so many questions!

It will be interesting to see who leaked the story. Was NYCFC to appease fans? Was it a competitive bid for the property to drum up anti stadium support. South Bronx Unite sued to stop FreshDirect from moving to Harlem River Yards. Not trying be negative, but it is odd timing.

Reactions: Kjbert
what does that mean? like academy kids go to school here and then train? just that there no fields so they will have to go to St. Johns field or upstate to the training center
Probably a Boarding/Prep School and likely using the randells Island fields that they could be quickly bussed to from there.

Yeah I don't get it either. Is the "Soccer University" our academy or just a new high school / elementary school that's part of the "fully integrated and transformative sport and community scheme?" And what do they mean they'll be using the stadium everyday? Is this part of the deal? Can we only get a stadium if it has daily use? It raises so many questions!

from other parts it seems like the FO will be here using the stadium and youth coaches etc....but i cant imagine they all use the field every day....maybe some other stuff.

FWIW, this is not yet in the RFP process, but instead what looks to be a suspended RFEI. If you read Addendum 2 to the RFEI, there will be a RFP to formally award the project. So, the ESD still needs to close the RFEI and then open an RFP.

To put this in some perspective, the RFP process the ESD ran for Belmont lasted from July 31, 2017 until they awarded the project on Dec 17, 2017. So presumably, anyone is a good 6 months from being awarded the project.

Probably a Boarding/Prep School and likely using the randells Island fields that they could be quickly bussed to from there.

hmmm didnt think about that .....i just figured they would be using them by now....not just for their camps and non academy events where they bring in kids etc.

FWIW, this is not yet in the RFP process, but instead what looks to be a suspended RFEI. If you read Addendum 2 to the RFEI, there will be a RFP to formally award the project. So, the ESD still needs to close the RFEI and then open an RFP.

To put this in some perspective, the RFP process the ESD ran for Belmont lasted from July 31, 2017 until they awarded the project on Dec 17, 2017. So presumably, anyone is a good 6 months from being awarded the project.

so the earliest the project is awarded Sep/ Oct 2018 at the earliest? i was going to ask this too since the article didnt really mention timeline

Reactions: Kjbert
It will be interesting to see who leaked the story. Was NYCFC to appease fans? Was it a competitive bid for the property to drum up anti stadium support. South Bronx Unite sued to stop FreshDirect from moving to Harlem River Yards. Not trying be negative, but it is odd timing.
This article is hardly ammunition to fight the proposal. The community gets a windfall if it happens - that area becomes super developed like Bkln or Long Island City: waterside park and promenade, more housing, medical facility, additional business space both for offices and street-side (restaurants, bars, amenities), a possible free boarding school, etc.

The proposal isn’t a selfish landgrab, it’s very altruistic for the community. People opposing it will look self-serving and stupid.

I kind have been, my understanding is the timeline goes as follows:

Random user "leaks photo"
People start rumor and picking apart photo
Original poster says on their instagram page that it may be fake: http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-642#post-241888
Then it kind of gets shut down. I see that the MLS Transfers account had a smartass reply to LionNYC LionNYC sharing the original photo.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Okay, so I'm in the hotel lobby of where the team is staying with a friend who checking in there and I see Vieira on the escalator and say hello. Then I run into Patricof and Stemp (FYI Soriano is also there too but he's getting coffee during this conversation). So Patricof says you me I thought you were a reputable guy. What's with your tweet, an approved front office leak or something? (In reference to the initial picture posted) I reply, I post what I see and what's out there.

So I don't know if I should put my shoe in my mouth or Patricof should put his shoe in his mouth?

from other parts it seems like the FO will be here using the stadium and youth coaches etc....but i cant imagine they all use the field every day....maybe some other stuff.
Using the “stadium” doesn’t have to mean the field but also the back-office areas. Places for meeting rooms, presentations, etc.

Using the “stadium” doesn’t have to mean the field but also the back-office areas. Places for meeting rooms, presentations, etc.

i thought that too...at this point im just getting ahead of myself

Okay, so I'm in the hotel lobby of where the team is staying with a friend who checking in there and I see Vieira on the escalator and say hello. Then I run into Patricof and Stemp (FYI Soriano is also there too but he's getting coffee during this conversation). So Patricof says you me I thought you were a reputable guy. What's with your tweet, an approved front office leak or something? (In reference to the initial picture posted) I reply, I post what I see and what's out there.

So I don't know if I should put my shoe in my mouth or Patricof should put his shoe in his mouth?
So he was confirming it, or you had already seen the images at a round table, or he was alluding to something else? Was he pissed?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

Did he seem pissed that you tweeted the rendering?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
So he was confirming it, or you had already seen the images at a round table, or he was alluding to something else? Was he pissed?

It was a joking manner without confirming or denying anything.

If I see him in Portland, oh boy!

Did he seem pissed that you tweeted the rendering?

Maybe. I think I was the first person to post it to Twitter where it got some steam. I don't know if he was funny angry or angry funny, if that makes sense at all.