Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I give CFG a lot of crap for the shit they deserve, and it’s just about everything encompassing their business model and implementation, but the loss of the Bloomberg plan was 100% on BdB wanting to flex his muscle and not because CFG wasted time. Building in NYC has a pretty standard timeline relating to the schedule of municipal approvals, and nothing CFG could have done would have sped it up to beat BdB pulling the rug out and disregarding the prior mayor’s building visions. CFG May have screwed things up since, and/or played cheap with buying property to build on, but that’s after the original plan was scrapped by our current mayor.

then it was a failed plan to begin with and again not scanning the political scene correctly. bloomberg was leaving and de blasio was already harping about affordable housing etc. the signs were there. maybe if they waited, not have handshake agreement with bloomberg then go with BDB when he started it could of been a different story.

Reactions: Kjbert
then it was a failed plan to begin with and again not scanning the political scene correctly. bloomberg was leaving and de blasio was already harping about affordable housing etc. the signs were there. maybe if they waited, not have handshake agreement with bloomberg then go with BDB when he started it could of been a different story.
No.

Reactions: Grendel18447

lol

look politicians will do similar shit right away in start of administration. this can be seen anywhere in this country one party had something in place new party win they try to revert or limit it. again CFG had to have someone on their team to know this is something that happens and how to try and change it to the liking of new mayor. they didnt and we paying price. we could wait few more years or give him what he wants. EDIT: these be the rules on nyc politics

we losing ST day by day. CFG has to figure this shit out fast. either give in or wait till deblasio is gone but by then no one would give a fuck anymore.

Reactions: adam
lol

look politicians will do similar shit right away in start of administration. this can be seen anywhere in this country one party had something in place new party win they try to revert or limit it. again CFG had to have someone on their team to know this is something that happens and how to try and change it to the liking of new mayor. they didnt and we paying price. we could wait few more years or give him what he wants. EDIT: these be the rules on nyc politics

we losing ST day by day. CFG has to figure this shit out fast. either give in or wait till deblasio is gone but by then no one would give a fuck anymore.
Nah, typically the mayor of NYC doesn’t Fck with what the previous one did, or has planned, especially if it has to do with building/infrastructure. That shit takes forever to implement which is why the brakes aren’t put on projects already rolling. Fine to change the policy for projects not yet greenlit as an overarching strategy, but not those that have stakeholders.

We should all collectively buy land seperately, and then approach the club, give it to them so they can turn THAT into park land (wherever we bought all these different parcels of land) so now we can have flushing meadows

We should all collectively buy land seperately, and then approach the club, give it to them so they can turn THAT into park land (wherever we bought all these different parcels of land) so now we can have flushing meadows

Im down.. There is a lot for sale near me i think like around 30 million (sure negotiable) ...metronorth 1 train and A train convenient... If we get like 10k folks at $3k each.... Less than what i have invested since NYCFC started

Maybe we won't replace Villa with a top-level DP, slowly watch an irreversible decline in fortunes on the field, lose most of our games, become the punching bag of MLS and simply fold before a stadium is even needed.

:cry:

This team will never be folded. In the non-zero chance that CFG decides to back out, there will be too many buyers who see the upside and will be willing to take the chance again (see NY Cosmos).

Nah, typically the mayor of NYC doesn’t Fck with what the previous one did, or has planned, especially if it has to do with building/infrastructure. That shit takes forever to implement which is why the brakes aren’t put on projects already rolling. Fine to change the policy for projects not yet greenlit as an overarching strategy, but not those that have stakeholders.

he was always talking about affordable housing in his campaigns ( at least from what i remember) and since stadium is not that, i think he he scrapped it to "show" his muscle like you said. i still think CFG didnt game the system since it was all there in deblasio campaign. even if its not the "norm" the dude went with that and CFG needed to adjust plan to appease him, probably didnt happen.

barclays arena happened and took forever but iirc all the deals etc started when bloomberg was just starting i think plus his third term helped im sure.

This team will never be folded. In the non-zero chance that CFG decides to back out, there will be too many buyers who see the upside and will be willing to take the chance again (see NY Cosmos).

nah man i dont want a commisso type owner who will kill the team just to prove a point

nah man i dont want a commisso type owner who will kill the team just to prove a point

I'm not saying I want that either. I'm saying if CFG wanted to sell, there will be a buyer. The Cosmos were a team struggling to draw, losing money, in a failing league, bogged down in lawsuits, and they *still* found a buyer - because it's the "Cosmos."

A team with history in New York and a license to play in Division 1 will have suitors around the block, regardless of attendance and stadium issues. The license alone to play in the New York area is probably worth $200 million today. I think the most "nightmarish" plausible scenario is a new buyer coming in and re-branding the team and moving it outside the boroughs, e.g. Yonkers.

A non-update, update...

Dt19FofX4AAfv0e.jpg:large

Last edited:
I've reset my expectations from March 2019 back to "sometime soon" (aka from March 2017, nothing).