Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I've mentioned this briefly before, but I know Joseph Tacopina through business and in one of our soccer chats, we talked NYCFC stadium. He said something to the tune of...the team bought land that they can't build on.

ETA: He also said they are going to have a tough time with building one in the city and MLS knew this. They also approached him about a NYC team long ago and it never materialized because of the issue with a stadium. The only way this was done was because of the Yankee partnership with their stadium.

Also ETA: I don't know if this is what is being talked about or it was something from years ago.

Last edited:
I've mentioned this briefly before, but I know Joseph Tacopina through business and in one of our soccer chats, we talked NYCFC stadium. He said something to the tune of...the team bought land that they can't build on. ETA: He also said they are going to have a tough time with building one in the city and MLS knew this. They also approached him about a NYC team long ago and it never materialized because of the issue with a stadium. The only way this was done was because of the Yankee partnership with their stadium.
That explains why they hired a manager that can't coach.

I've mentioned this briefly before, but I know Joseph Tacopina through business and in one of our soccer chats, we talked NYCFC stadium. He said something to the tune of...the team bought land that they can't build on.
Maybe they bought elevator company land or the garage but couldn't put the entire piece together.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Gnarles In Paris? That's not a throwaway account name that I would make. And let's leave my father out of this.
Gnarles sounds like a reference to Gnarles Barkley which is a reference to Charles Barkley. Are there any prominent NYCFC FO or CFG or Emirati officials who have sons named Charles? Perhaps based in Paris?

Last edited:
Gnarles sounds like a reference to Gnarles Barkley which is a reference to (legend) Charles Barkley. Are there any prominent NYCFC FO or CFG or Emirati officials who have sons named Charles? Perhaps based in Paris?
Our next manager perhaps?

170213-Ceelo-Gold-Getty-800x600.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Certainly a lot of smoke lately. Still nothing that gets me excited though. I think a stadium announcement of just about the only thing that'll turn this sinking ship stay afloat.

Reactions: NickA
Certainly a lot of smoke lately. Still nothing that gets me excited though. I think a stadium announcement of just about the only thing that'll turn this sinking ship stay afloat.
He’s mostly just got crap from us but now just about anyone that covers the team is calling for his job. Including our broadcast team. Probably the lowest point of the clubs brief history. They need to do something and fast. If we don’t get a win in the next 2 something has to give.

He’s mostly just got crap from us but now just about anyone that covers the team is calling for his job. Including our broadcast team. Probably the lowest point of the clubs brief history. They need to do something and fast. If we don’t get a win in the next 2 something has to give.
He needs 3w/3matches to pull to just .500 on the season 12pts out of 24pts. I don’t see that happening based on anything that’s transpired in the first 4 matches. He doesn’t even deserve that long of a leash to prove himself since he’s had the last 21 matches (post PV tactics) and hasn’t shown a thing.