Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Feel weird talking politics in here... But this thread always go to different subjects... Its our frustration with no real stadium news.

Im just going to put my 2 cents here... We should move elections to weekend (sunday) or make it a national holiday like other countries... So we have more turnout. I think i read election day in the US was chosen during a time when most folks lived or were farmers.
The one time I went to visit Peru, it happened to be election weekend. They banned the sale of alcohol (both at convenience shops as well as restaurants/bars), and voting was mandatory. If you didn't vote, you were ticketed.

I found this very interesting while we were there, and we made sure to pick where to eat if we could see customers drinking out of styrofoam cups.

Nixon was very right wing on international policy and a fervent anti-communist.

On domestic policy he was -- well let's say at least shaded to the left to a significant degree on some but not all issues, putting into place: The Clean Air Act, affirmative action, an expansion of social security benefits, the original version of the AMT, OSHA, plus he imposed wage and price controls over the entire US economy via executive order. You can make a list of conservative things he did too, even outside of international policy. He was a straddler. But to point to any individual left-ish domestic policy and expect surprise that Nixon supported it only works if one's audience is ignorant.

Only Nixon could go to China makes sense. Even Nixon supported UBI, not so much.

Pretty much every president has been reviled as a dangerous extremist by his enemies while in office, then granted strange new respect when the next president from that party gains the office (or even the next candidate), and used as a cudgel to bash the current dangerously extreme occupant.
I can't tell if you are just being your usual informative self or if you totally missed that I was just making a tongue in cheek joke. (Or both.)

All good either way. I'm rarely if ever opposed to a history lesson.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Better or worse or more aligned with your favored special interest groups?
What's the difference? No matter what you believe to be better, there's a special interest group lobbying for it. And there's a politician supporting it. Pick your issues. Find the best aligned person (and accompanying special interest groups) and vote for that candidate.

This is the stadium thread, but isn't this what we expect in here?

Forget it Soup, it’s the Stadium Thread.

giphy.gif

GAL is still the best possible spot for NYCFC that has been in play from the beginning. The other was the Harlem River Yards, but that location seems to be moot.

But would it surprise you that FDR actually supported giving NYCFC a stadium in the Bronx, but Reagan nixed it?
I think Beto would be our best hope for a stadium in Queens, Booker in New Jersey, Harris in the Bronx, Warren in the Shinnecock reservation in Long Island, and Trump in Manhattan. Vote according to your wishes.

But would it surprise you that FDR actually supported giving NYCFC a stadium in the Bronx, but Reagan nixed it?
I think Beto would be our best hope for a stadium in Queens, Booker in New Jersey, Harris in the Bronx, Warren in the Shinnecock reservation in Long Island, and Trump in Manhattan. Vote according to your wishes.
Yeah, but Gerald Ford is the one what really screwed us. Who can forget the Daily News headline:
FORD TO CITY: DROP DEAD!

ford-city.PNG