• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Manchester =/= New York.

There's billionaires everywhere here looking to build things. That's part of the problem. Money will only take you so far here because there's always some other mega-wealthy people looking to build something on the plot of land that your rich person wants to build on. Or there's mega-wealthy people next to you that don't want you building that next to them. Or the government wants/owns the land. Or there's government restrictions on what you can build there.

New York is in an building boom, too. So the competition is going to be brutal.
Yes there's far far more money in new York than Manchester .Manchester itself is a very poor city in comparison .
But there's billionaire's and billionaires your owners wealth is unknown but conservative estimates are around 500 billion rising by a couple of 100 million a day.
I may be talking crap but don't they pretty much control all the ports down one side of the states ?

Last edited:
Sure CFG has billions however I'm not convinced they have the chops to get it done in NYC. This is my fear. I've seen nothing to discourage that and quite a bit to reinforce it (including MLS itself falling flat on their face).

This is my cynicism coming through. I hope that it's completely wrong.

Reactions: Kjbert
Sure CFG has billions however I'm not convinced they have the chops to get it done in NYC. This is my fear. I've seen nothing to discourage that and quite a bit to reinforce it (including MLS itself falling flat on their face).

This is my cynicism coming through. I hope that it's completely wrong.
Me too .
It may seem a small thing but mls needs exposure over here as up until now its been ragarded as a poor league by most people
Sky sports the main sports broadcaster has got the rights to show games and is showing back to back games each Sunday .it will help massively if the UK takes to mls already after 1 week the newspaper's are reporting the games so it seems to be working

Dont worry, it's perfectly acceptable to talk about a future stadium in a stadium news thread.

If people like, they can start a "Google Maps: guess the stadium location thread" if they prefer.

Was just trying to link the fact your stadium design and capacity are linked to how well your club can be marketed worldwide and having sky sports on board will definitely help
No, what I had posted and then edited out wasn't meant for this thread.

I guess like anywhere else in the world money will talk and the mayor will suddenly change his stance if he's offered enough and he comes out of it looking like a man of the people
I don't think so. If it was Bloomberg then yes and we would already have something because he knows business and what's good for the city. The new guy is half a communist and that means business, even if it helps the city, is bad. I would say it's gonna be a tough nut unless the NY TIMES wants to move or there is land available in Hunts Point. I'm sure they could persuade a few people to move if need be. I don't know if they want to build the stadium privately though. Too risky. The city can just take it (just like land for Barclays) and then where would they be.

I don't think so. If it was Bloomberg then yes and we would already have something because he knows business and what's good for the city. The new guy is half a communist and that means business, even if it helps the city, is bad. I would say it's gonna be a tough nut unless the NY TIMES wants to move or there is land available in Hunts Point. I'm sure they could persuade a few people to move if need be. I don't know if they want to build the stadium privately though. Too risky. The city can just take it (just like land for Barclays) and then where would they be.
Showing my total ignorance here .is it down to just one mayor.or does each borough have a leader how does it work please ?

DeBlasio is the mayor of NYC. Each borough has a borough president, but they're not at the same level as the mayor. He's got pull from the Bronx to SI.