Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I have no doubt that these guys will get it done within 5 years, I'm leaning more towards the 3 year mark...stadium will probably take a year and a half to build, so I'm guessing we will find out sometime next season

Ever since Soriano said this team would have its own identity and be a priority they have done the exact opposite.

Nothing they say has any credibility. Glick talking about a stadium is him and the CFG just getting the fan's hopes up.

If they do manage to get a stadium in the next five years it wont be in the 5 boroughs. It will be somewhere in NJ, upstate or LI. Redbull tried and look what happpened to them.

what about the old tennis stadium in Queens? The one where Mumford and Son tried to play a show last year and it got rained out. That thing is useless.

Just looked at it on Google street view. That's a nice area. They would NEVER allow that.

It looks like walking to Goodison Park. Homes all over the place and a stadium that takes up a block.

Just looked at it on Google street view. That's a nice area. They would NEVER allow that.

It looks like walking to Goodison Park. Homes all over the place and a stadium that takes up a block.

I disagree, that would make it a perfect environment. I love Forrest Hills. However, there's just not enough land there to do anything. I really think they have a location picked out and are just working on getting the plans together. We should have an announcement by mid-end of season with some very pretty renderings. And I'll wager it's by Yankee Stadium too.

And rent is free at Yankees.
Except that it most likely is far from free, unless you believe that the Yankees have funded 20% of this operation with their own money. Much more likely the Yankees are receiving the equity in exchange for use of the stadium and/or some other considerations. I highly doubt the Yankees would go through all of this trouble, AND spend $20m plus expenses and other resources (Yankee execs, political power, Mariano appearances etc.) just so they can have a minority stake in a risky soccer venture.
Even if the Yanks have actually made financial investments, in that case I highly doubt they are just giving away use of Yankee stadium simply because they are invested in the club. They (the Yankees group) would almost certainly charge this venture (NYCFC) for the rent.

So.....rent is absolutely not free at Yankees....unless the Steinbrenner's don't care about money.

Except that it most likely is far from free, unless you believe that the Yankees have funded 20% of this operation with their own money. Much more likely the Yankees are receiving the equity in exchange for use of the stadium and/or some other considerations. I highly doubt the Yankees would go through all of this trouble, AND spend $20m plus expenses and other resources (Yankee execs, political power, Mariano appearances etc.) just so they can have a minority stake in a risky soccer venture.
Even if the Yanks have actually made financial investments, in that case I highly doubt they are just giving away use of Yankee stadium simply because they are invested in the club. They (the Yankees group) would almost certainly charge this venture (NYCFC) for the rent.

So.....rent is absolutely not free at Yankees....unless the Steinbrenner's don't care about money.
It is free, it could be the price of equity, but they are not paying rent. Yankees management is treating NYCFC as part of the organization. Its just MLB and the players that couldn't give 2 craps about NYCFC.

I realize its hard to buy large pieces of real estate in NYC. But the real problem here is CFG and friends are looking for a gov't handout. So they will troll Yankees stadium until they get something (5+ years), all along they put minimal effort on just trying to find a private land solution.

We're talking about building a $300 to $500 million stadium and yet this team probably hasn't spent more than $500k on player acquisitions. When I see them drop $3 million or something on a player like Seattle does, then I'll believe their going to drop 100s of millions on a stadium.

Come on, prove me wrong.

Its absolutely imperative that nycfc get a stadium in the right location in the city, even if it waits a few years.

Big city teams that left nfl stadiums for the suburbs just so that they could have their own stadium haven't fared well in the attendance stakes. (The Revs included)

Dallas, denver, chicago, The Revs and even the red bulls all suffer from being out of the city.

DC united had to wait 20 yrs but they will be far better off in the long run in the city proper.

Hopefully boston gets a city stadium soon enough as well and miami needs one or else MLS will pass on them.

It might have been initially necessary, but MLS has finally realised that stadiums in the burbs in the big cities isnt the best in the long term.

It is free, it could be the price of equity, but they are not paying rent. Yankees management is treating NYCFC as part of the organization. Its just MLB and the players that couldn't give 2 craps about NYCFC.

I realize its hard to buy large pieces of real estate in NYC. But the real problem here is CFG and friends are looking for a gov't handout. So they will troll Yankees stadium until they get something (5+ years), all along they put minimal effort on just trying to find a private land solution.

We're talking about building a $300 to $500 million stadium and yet this team probably hasn't spent more than $500k on player acquisitions. When I see them drop $3 million or something on a player like Seattle does, then I'll believe their going to drop 100s of millions on a stadium.

Come on, prove me wrong.
Don't have any worries at all about the money mate it really is unlimited, I'm sure you already now that ,just googled ADUG and surprised myself the figures talked about I must admit I didn't realise they had already bought the Chrysler building for $800million 7 years ago ,going off the article I read if oil stays around the s50 dollars a barrel the wealth goes up by $ 100's of dollars a day .
They certain don't need any handouts but from what I've seen they will look to work with them like over in Manchester where they have committed to build hundreds of houses at a cost of £100's of millions
They tend to work in 5 year cycles and my guess is they all ready no where the stadium is going but at this point will be waiting to commit to design and capacity depending how the club grows.my guess would be a smaller stadium to start with but built in a way that expansion would be easy if required depending how much interest the club generates
Just watching what's gone on this week with record viewing figures sponsors coming on board daily the launch of cityzens the launch of your own app and a massive crowd lined up for Sunday I would guess they will be very pleased how its all going .the next stage will be making sure the team deliver on the pitch ,don't expect it over night but you will be definatly be up there in the next few years.
Speaking as a fan of a club that was minutes from going out business to a club which I think is the 5 biggest football franchise in the world and EPL champions you really are in for one hell of a ride .enjoy it

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes as in that I hope the sheikh delivers on your optimism.
Im pretty sure they will ,its still hard for us in the UK to comprehend what's happened to us
Yes theirs been a few set back along the way but they have delivered everything and more they have promised with plenty more to come.only ffpr has held the playing side back,probably the same afecct that the league allows you to pay your players will hold you back
Having seen what's happened around your club I would be pretty sure their happy so far

This location would work for me. It's about 35 minutes from Bowling Green to Yankee Stadium on the 4. Trip Planner shows it about 45 minutes from Whitehall Street on the R with one transfer. The extra 10 minutes wouldn't be a deal breaker at all for me.
Yeah, its doable (closer or similar to Bronx) for most coming from lower Manhattan, Brooklyn, SI, Long Island, Southern Queens. Problem is its a bitch if you're in the Bronx or points north.

The ideal spot would be more central, for sure.

Im pretty sure they will ,its still hard for us in the UK to comprehend what's happened to us
Yes theirs been a few set back along the way but they have delivered everything and more they have promised with plenty more to come.only ffpr has held the playing side back,probably the same afecct that the league allows you to pay your players will hold you back
Having seen what's happened around your club I would be pretty sure their happy so far
Thank you! So many skeptics around here and unfortunately this seems to be the norm here in NYC. Look at CFGs track record. I remember when they had Juan Pablo Angel and Claudio Reyna. The club didn't resemble the empire it is now. Be patient and understand that by nature us New Yorkers are the biggest skeptics around. The climb to the top is full of stumbles, but we'll get there. We have the best possible resources to do so.

Hopefully.

But since you claim to be genuinely interested in NYCFC, at least try to see it from our perspective. We know the amazing turnaround CFG has created for Man City, and we know that Melbourne just got a nice new training center, but what have we seen?

So far, we've seen CFG pay a large franchise fee to get the team, we've seen them assemble a decent squad--but of course that's down to Kries and everyone was acquired on a free, we've seen them get us playing space at a baseball stadium and make no public progress toward a solution, and we've seen them build us a training ground on an unused field at a state run university in the suburbs. Hardly the fabled spending to make us the best in the league, and that's not to mention the numerous PR and operational fuck ups that the management has made.

It's like the old philosophical problem: I know the sun rose yesterday, and that it rose today, but how can I be sure that it will rise tomorrow?

So, while we understand completely the position you're coming from (CFG has done amazing things in Manchester), some of us are understandably skeptical that they will deliver here. Once they show us the money, so to speak, we'll all be happy to celebrated our new stadium/training grounds/etc, but until that point comes we can't be 100% sure that they will take care of us in the same way.

Hopefully.

But since you claim to be genuinely interested in NYCFC, at least try to see it from our perspective. We know the amazing turnaround CFG has created for Man City, and we know that Melbourne just got a nice new training center, but what have we seen?

So far, we've seen CFG pay a large franchise fee to get the team, we've seen them assemble a decent squad--but of course that's down to Kries and everyone was acquired on a free, we've seen them get us playing space at a baseball stadium and make no public progress toward a solution, and we've seen them build us a training ground on an unused field at a state run university in the suburbs. Hardly the fabled spending to make us the best in the league, and that's not to mention the numerous PR and operational fuck ups that the management has made.

It's like the old philosophical problem: I know the sun rose yesterday, and that it rose today, but how can I be sure that it will rise tomorrow?

So, while we understand completely the position you're coming from (CFG has done amazing things in Manchester), some of us are understandably skeptical that they will deliver here. Once they show us the money, so to speak, we'll all be happy to celebrated our new stadium/training grounds/etc, but until that point comes we can't be 100% sure that they will take care of us in the same way.
I understand your concerns you are just like us .is this really happening to us ?
I'm sure you already know this but forget cfg and look up ADUG you might be surprised by what you read ,I was
One lesson the owenners learnt very quickly at city after the takeover at city was the original front man was very very loud and promised us the best players etc etc he lasted about a week and since then you here very little upfront then bang it happens.
On my kids life,just after the take over at city we were in the club shop totally by chance,the staff were acting weird ,we wandered what was going on it turned out the new chairman was having his first look round.he came in with the full board and his advisers.
It was to good a chance to miss and I ended up talking him for about 10 mins .it was surreal me half pissed talking to a guy that spend s a countries wealth.
What he said that day stuck with me ,I asked him why city when they could of bought barca,Madrid utd,his reply it would of ment nothing to them to buy those as those clubs would win suff anyway.what they wanted was a project to turn into " the biggest club in the world"those were his words .everything since is backing that up.
I met him again before Xmas and asked him did he remember that he smiled and said "we,re getting there "
Everything that's happened to us seems to be happening to you .you have had an amazing week off the pitch this week..I have no doubt they will deliver for you

They tend to work in 5 year cycles and my guess is they all ready no where the stadium is going but at this point will be waiting to commit to design and capacity depending how the club grows.my guess would be a smaller stadium to start with but built in a way that expansion would be easy if required depending how much interest the club generates

Manchester =/= New York.

There's billionaires everywhere here looking to build things. That's part of the problem. Money will only take you so far here because there's always some other mega-wealthy people looking to build something on the plot of land that your rich person wants to build on. Or there's mega-wealthy people next to you that don't want you building that next to them. Or the government wants/owns the land. Or there's government restrictions on what you can build there.

New York is in an building boom, too. So the competition is going to be brutal.

Reactions: Narrowback gal