• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sundance with the post of the year. Spot on. I disagree with LionNYC LionNYC

Having a stadium takes so many negatives off the table.

- We promised a stadium and we came through
- You hate watching soccer in a baseball stadoum
- Correct Field size
- No cross merchandising
- Our own concessions
- No more midweek games
- Shitty field
- Hosting Cup matches
- Access to international friendlies
- Crappy atmosphere
- Rules that pertain to Yankee Stadium on tifos and smoke
- Bragging rights on a new stadium

All of these are massive wins.

Fair and agree. But, when some issue arises it's 100 percent on NYCFC, so they can't pass blame anymore. No more, it's the Yankees or Yankee Stadium.

I've been thinking this for a while now. No, it won't solve the problems. They need to be solved separately and simultaneously to reverse the growing irrelevance and declining attendance.
Chicago and Houston both drew much better before they built their Stadiums. Now, because of general incompetence, they are both disastrous franchises even though Houston at least has a centrally located stadium.
Where did Houston play before they built their current stadium?

One of the concerns I'm sure they have down there is just the heat and the humidity. I'm not sure I would enjoy myself going to games in the summer at all.

I'm sure there are many different factors as to why Houston's attendance has slumped, but part of me is curious as to if their previous "home" was in an indoor, or convertible, stadium.

One of the concerns I'm sure they have down there is just the heat and the humidity. I'm not sure I would enjoy myself going to games in the summer at all.

I'm sure there are many different factors as to why Houston's attendance has slumped, but part of me is curious as to if their previous "home" was in an indoor, or convertible, stadium.
They played at the stadium for the University of Houston.

I am sure heat and humidity is an issue. Not sure if their stadium has cover. Not much they could do with evaporative cooling in that environment. Hopefully, the shift in the schedule back to February will allow more games out of summer for them.

Of course, when it comes to Houston, we shouldn't discount the poor game day experience created by playing Karma Chameleon over and over again on the fluglehorn.

From what I've read, when houston used to play at Robertson stadium they had good attendance. I don't think heat and humidity are a big issue because that's just HOUSTON weather. Those who live there might not love it, but they aren't as bothered with it as you might think. Attendance has dropped off considerably in the last 5-6 years and from forums and such, it seems the biggest complaint is the cheap ownership ruining game day experiences (cost of seats went way up, concession prices went way up, etc) and not investing in the team. Houston does have the lowest salary total in the league and the team is not doing very well. Despite being in downtown houston, fans aren't happy with the front office and are showing it by not going to games.

If this isn't a warning to NYCFC, I don't know what is. If they think they can just jack up prices cause it's a new stadium and expect a full house every game, they have another thing coming. They need to determine a sweet spot for ticket prices with the goal being to sell out the stadium with season ticket memberships. Raising the prices on tickets will just deter general public/curious fans from going. It will deter new season ticket sales and make current members cancel or downgrade. In the end, perhaps they are making similar numbers on revenue cause they're selling fewer tickets at higher prices, but the result is a less than full stadium, which will just continue to worsen the problem year after year (like now).

If the club is smart, they will follow the ATL/LAFC model. New stadium. Reasonably priced seats for general public. Season ticket packages with exclusives/freebies worthy of the price. Cheaper concessions for general public and even cheaper for season ticket holders. As I've said before, a new stadium is the club's opportunity to right a lot of wrongs over the past 5 years. If they drop the ball here, it'll be a damn, damn shame.

Also, #SimsOUT

From what I've read, when houston used to play at Robertson stadium they had good attendance. I don't think heat and humidity are a big issue because that's just HOUSTON weather. Those who live there might not love it, but they aren't as bothered with it as you might think. Attendance has dropped off considerably in the last 5-6 years and from forums and such, it seems the biggest complaint is the cheap ownership ruining game day experiences (cost of seats went way up, concession prices went way up, etc) and not investing in the team. Houston does have the lowest salary total in the league and the team is not doing very well. Despite being in downtown houston, fans aren't happy with the front office and are showing it by not going to games.

If this isn't a warning to NYCFC, I don't know what is. If they think they can just jack up prices cause it's a new stadium and expect a full house every game, they have another thing coming. They need to determine a sweet spot for ticket prices with the goal being to sell out the stadium with season ticket memberships. Raising the prices on tickets will just deter general public/curious fans from going. It will deter new season ticket sales and make current members cancel or downgrade. In the end, perhaps they are making similar numbers on revenue cause they're selling fewer tickets at higher prices, but the result is a less than full stadium, which will just continue to worsen the problem year after year (like now).

If the club is smart, they will follow the ATL/LAFC model. New stadium. Reasonably priced seats for general public. Season ticket packages with exclusives/freebies worthy of the price. Cheaper concessions for general public and even cheaper for season ticket holders. As I've said before, a new stadium is the club's opportunity to right a lot of wrongs over the past 5 years. If they drop the ball here, it'll be a damn, damn shame.

Also, #SimsOUT

Atlanta has championed the quantity vs. price model. That being said, not all of their concession locations are low-priced like they advertised. Plus there's still a Chick-Fil-A that's closed every Sunday.

Reactions: Kjbert

Also, #SimsOUT
Was it Houston a few years back that jacked their tix prices up by a multiple factor of what’s considered “normal.” I seem to recall a fan protest of tix going up 50%+ or some similar variant over/under..... it was like a completely tone-deaf decision made in a vacuum.

Was it Houston a few years back that jacked their tix prices up by a multiple factor of what’s considered “normal.” I seem to recall a fan protest of tix going up 50%+ or some similar variant over/under..... it was like a completely tone-deaf decision made in a vacuum.

No idea how much they jacked up the prices or when they actually did it except it was after moving into the new stadium. fans blame it on cheap owners pushing the cost onto fans to pay for the stadium. houston has a lot of other problems too. it's a football state for one, liga MX already established roots, other major sports teams, relatively low cost of living. I saw an article from 2014 that showed Houston as having the 2nd most expensive season ticket behind only NJRB. That's crazy to me. I can only imagine its more expensive now. add to that expensive concessions and a not so successful team, low attendance is basically a given.

If NYCFC follows the Houston plan - and cheap out cause Abu Dhabi is more focused on Man City... we're gonna have a shiny new stadium with possibly worse attendance than the red bulls... I won't lie. I might actually cry if that happens.

You mean like a 9.2% increase when you can't currently sell for cost on the secondary market? That kind of tone-deaf?

Tried to find the seating / pricing maps for each season. Couldn't get all of them. If anyone can find 2017 please share. Also, not sure about 2018. It seems kind of strange in relation to 2019. But I gave the links to the images if anyone can give a better idea of this. Also, please send me your 2020 pricing and I'll add it. Also, if you send me your 2020 price, please let me know if it is row 1 and if it is founder pricing.

This table is all founder pricing.

Pitchside A / Highest PitchsideN/AN/A$7,650$7,656
Pitchside B / Lowest PitchsideN/AN/A$7,225$4,248
Legends AN/AN/AN/A$3,060
Legends B$2,975$3,060$3,281$2,724
Champions$1,955$2,023$2,159$1,992
Delta$1,275$1,326$1,360$1,272
Category 1 / Midfield Preferred$884$935$1,054$1,020
Category 2 / Sideline Preferred$748$799$867$852
Category 3$646$697$748N/A
SidelineN/AN/AN/A$768
Midfield MezzanineN/AN/AN/A$696
Category 4$493$527$578N/A
CornersN/AN/AN/A$576
Endline PreferredN/AN/AN/A$564
Sideline MezzanineN/AN/AN/A$540
Midfield BleachersN/A$544$527$528
Category 5 / Endline$391$425$476$492$510
Category 6 / Endline Mezzanine$340$374$408$408
Supporters$306$340$357$360

Tried to find the seating / pricing maps for each season. Couldn't get all of them. If anyone can find 2017 please share. Also, not sure about 2018. It seems kind of strange in relation to 2019. But I gave the links to the images if anyone can give a better idea of this. Also, please send me your 2020 pricing and I'll add it. Also, if you send me your 2020 price, please let me know if it is row 1 and if it is founder pricing.

Legends AN/AN/AN/A$3,060
SidelineN/AN/AN/A$768
CornersN/AN/AN/A$576

Founders SS 2019 2020 = $391

Last edited:

Legends AN/AN/AN/A$3,060
SidelineN/AN/AN/A$768
CornersN/AN/AN/A$576
Don’t forget that the club rearranged the price of certain section between seasons 18-19 because they realized some were more viable/wanted for viewing than others; think they even created more color-coded sections to differentiate.

Reactions: Kjbert
Below are all for Section 205. I am trying to get the 2015-17 data, but that might be tomorrow.

Sideline Mezz 2018: Founders $578; Regular $629
Sideline Mezz 2019: Founders $544; Regular $595
Sideline Mezz 2020: Founders $544

ETA: Here is a link with comprehensive info on 2015.

ETFA: Here is a link with comprehensive info on 2018.

ETFFA: 2016

Last edited:
Don’t forget that the club rearranged the price of certain section between seasons 18-19 because they realized some were more viable/wanted for viewing than others; think they even created more color-coded sections to differentiate.
Thanks. I think that is represented in the chart. If you see a section missing, please let me know.

Below are all for Section 205. I am trying to get the 2015-17 data, but that might be tomorrow.

Sideline Mezz 2018: Founders $578; Regular $629
Sideline Mezz 2019: Founders $544; Regular $595
Sideline Mezz 2020: Founders $544

ETA: Here is a link with comprehensive info on 2015.

ETFA: Here is a link with comprehensive info on 2018.

ETFFA: 2016

Thanks. I added your 2020 info. The other links I think are represented in the chart.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Thanks. I think that is represented in the chart. If you see a section missing, please let me know.
I just posted that because you mentioned something funny was with the numbers - didn’t know if you remembered the FO rationale going into effect.

Reactions: FootyLovin