Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Would you all rather have CFG pay for Ronaldo (and maybe Messi) in 2018ish or a stadium for that same time frame?

The easiest way for a city to partially fund a stadium in simple. NY would get zero tax revenue from MLS but for NYCFC. SO the city should loan X dollars to NYCFC to build a stadium. Than pay off the loan with NYCFC sales tax on merchandice, food, etc and players city income tax for Y years until the loan is repaid. Net zero tax dollars to the city and a positive future cash inflow from increased commerce and employment of high salary individuals in the area.

Reactions: Kjbert
To be honest I don´t think NYCFC are looking for funds.. They where more interested in a tax break on a new stadium earlier.
Funny how so few journos are leaning on Edelman about the stadium situation, it´s his project.

Wasn't it more about the elevator company's owner asking for more money and being told to fuck off? Meaning if we don't buy that property, there's not enough space to build the stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
They won't even buy a player. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one FO promise I've seen come to fruition.
I heard 3 dps from jump street, $6 beer in stadium, FF at beginning of season, not a brand marketing trick, etc...still waiting for them to deliver on a single one before I go expecting them to open the checkbook.

CFG treats us like a community theatre production. It's ridiculous.

So true. I don't get how fans are not holding CFG more accountable for their failed promises. Whether it was saying the team would have its own identity, to not being a brand marketing trick, to not having its own uniform representing the city, to not having 3 DPs to start the season, to not having Frank Lampard to start the season, and the biggest one of all in not having any stadium plan.

If they do build a stadium I still think it will be built in NJ next to Metlife Stadium or in LI next to Belmont. I don't see why they would invest the money it would take to build a stadium, in the city by transit, for a brand marketing trick.

So true. I don't get how fans are not holding CFG more accountable for their failed promises. Whether it was saying the team would have its own identity, to not being a brand marketing trick, to not having its own uniform representing the city, to not having 3 DPs to start the season, to not having Frank Lampard to start the season, and the biggest one of all in not having any stadium plan.

If they do build a stadium I still think it will be built in NJ next to Metlife Stadium or in LI next to Belmont. I don't see why they would invest the money it would take to build a stadium, in the city by transit, for a brand marketing trick.
Here's why we're arguably wrong: You lose the ability to reasonably call your team NYCFC if you move it out of the city. If you're brand building, you can't go and completely undermine the effort by subverting the cause so blatantly.

Move it out of the city, and you lose the major factor that distracts us all from the sleight of hand. It's that factor that lets me hope against hope.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert

Cosmos-Hofstra-Sparse-Crowd-620x400.jpg

I feel like a lot of people would walk away from the team if the stadium ends up outside of the boroughs . I think a lot of people who never got drawn into the Red Bulls because their in Jersey have jumped into supporting this team and even some who did support RB have jumped ship because they now see it as a Jersey VS New York thing and RedBull are now the Devils(you can take that in multiple ways if you want) I think it would be well worth the Sheik's investment upfront to secure a good location because if they don't they will lose a lot of the fan base and cost themselves more money in the long run. Have to think they are at least wise enough business people to understand that. I myself of course do not reside in the 5 boroughs but from Southern Connecticut the Bronx is light years easier to reach than Harrison new Jersey or Foxboro which for a long time were my closest options. Hope when they move out of Yankee Stadium it remains so.