Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So this is more appropriate

B0l1p96CQAAaBMl.jpg
Lmao that has to be us open match or midweek CCL match

Reactions: Kjbert
I´m cautiously optimistic about the stadium situation I must admit, the discussions among the club brass and the politicos have entered a different stage it seems.
It might very well be that everyone want to look at a few home games to verify what is doable.

Reactions: leilanikali420
Red Bull Arena is by far the best stadium in MLS today. Would like NYCFC to eventually have something similar in the not too distant future.

Red Bull Arena is by far the best stadium in MLS today. Would like NYCFC to eventually have something similar in the not too distant future.

we would also have a better chance at filling it. I hope we hold onto these 15k season ticket holders, and build something around 25k capacity. I'm not as skeptical about the stadium situation as most are. Nothing has leaked recently, which I see as a good thing. No news is good news. I get the feel that they're actually working on something manageable. Also, remember their goal is to have training grounds and a stadium together. The solution won't be obvious, and will probably not get leaked until it is final.

Reactions: Gene
we would also have a better chance at filling it. I hope we hold onto these 15k season ticket holders, and build something around 25k capacity. I'm not as skeptical about the stadium situation as most are. Nothing has leaked recently, which I see as a good thing. No news is good news. I get the feel that they're actually working on something manageable. Also, remember their goal is to have training grounds and a stadium together. The solution won't be obvious, and will probably not get leaked until it is final.

We have 16,000 season tickets. I think that should be necessary to have a soccer stadium of at least 35,000 seats.

Yeah, took forever. They don't have everyone empty their pockets and go through metal detectors for Yankee games. Wonder if this is just the Yankees being ignorant about soccer fans.
You may have gotten a response already but all MLB stadiums will have metal detectors starting this year. Maybe they are using us as training?

I´m cautiously optimistic about the stadium situation I must admit, the discussions among the club brass and the politicos have entered a different stage it seems.
It might very well be that everyone want to look at a few home games to verify what is doable.

I hope that Mayor De Blasio being present at the match and witnessing just how much this City loved the game and saw the stadium rocking in a way that I have rarely witnessed before live or on tv - will assist in getting us some land.

I hope that Mayor De Blasio being present at the match and witnessing just how much this City loved the game and saw the stadium rocking in a way that I have rarely witnessed before live or on tv - will assist in getting us some land.

De Blasio and all other political animals in this City will have taken notice of the partisan homecrowd in a kind of = "votes" way I´m sure.

Just add money and we might make progress ;)

30-35k was the capacity originally mentioned..

I think between 30-35k is a perfect size. Intimate enough that we can get the place jumping and hopefully with good acoustics so everyone can hear the chants. Maybe if we're lucky it'll have room for expansion in the future.

Oh man, I just caught up with this monster of a thread until I noticed that we are almost a year to the date that this thread was started and we are not one step closer to a stadium of our own.

I think that 30k-35k is a little optimistic. I think NYC will average around 25k this year, but way too early to tell.

Agreed. 25k is appropriate for now, but I hope they design plenty of room for expansion. I don't want to have to go through the stadium process again in 10-15 years when the place is busting at the seams.

25k with expansion to 40k+ seems appropriate to give the stadium a 30+ year lifespan. The top English stadiums are all about 40k to 60k, with Man United as an outlier at 75k. NFL stadiums are about 55k to 80k. Maybe in 30+ years our second stadium stretches capacity to that range.

Agreed. 25k is appropriate for now, but I hope they design plenty of room for expansion. I don't want to have to go through the stadium process again in 10-15 years when the place is busting at the seams.

25k with expansion to 40k+ seems appropriate to give the stadium a 30+ year lifespan. The top English stadiums are all about 40k to 60k, with Man United as an outlier at 75k. NFL stadiums are about 55k to 80k. Maybe in 30+ years our second stadium stretches capacity to that range.
Exactly. Would you rather play in a packed 25k-27k stadium or a 35k stadium with a ton of empty seats? Leaving room for growth always seems like a smart move. This is what the Quakes did with Avaya. It has the opened ended horseshoe design so that they can fill it in and expand another 5k if the demand is there.