Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
How about this idea? The area around Citi Field is basically one huge parking lot. Much bigger than the space taken by Citi Field itself, and two-to-three times the space needed for a soccer stadium. It should be easy to convert some of the parking to multi-level decks and convert the space farthest from Citi Field to soccer.

image.jpg

I just went to google maps to see where the nearest subway station is located for that site. What is that rail yard between 215th St. and the University Heights Bridge? Is it active? If that's an area that could be purchased, it looks like a better location. Subway stop right there (215th St.) with a secondary depot not that far away (207th St.), closer to the Deegan and plenty of room for parking.

Reactions: Kjbert
I just went to google maps to see where the nearest subway station is located for that site. What is that rail yard between 215th St. and the University Heights Bridge? Is it active? If that's an area that could be purchased, it looks like a better location. Subway stop right there (215th St.) with a secondary depot not that far away (207th St.), closer to the Deegan and plenty of room for parking.
it's an Active train yard, terminus for the A line and they have a repair shop there

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
That Queens area would be a great location imho.

However, I could be wrong (so please don't hold my feet to the fire if I am), but I thought I read one time the land where Shea Stadium/Citi Field is located is considered part of FMP. Thus, as it would be considered parkland, the team would face the same problems it faced for the original Stadium in the park proper.

The ironic part being in the lower right hand corner of that picture is the site where the original Stadium would have been located. So instead of a Stadium, jobs and $4 million worth of renovations to the park that the organization pledged, they're stuck with that scummy concrete cesspool and worn out dilapidated playing fields.

How about this idea? The area around Citi Field is basically one huge parking lot. Much bigger than the space taken by Citi Field itself, and two-to-three times the space needed for a soccer stadium. It should be easy to convert some of the parking to multi-level decks and convert the space farthest from Citi Field to soccer.

View attachment 2276

Mets would never go for something like this. This is kind of similar to the initial Flushing Meadows park idea, that the Mets helped kill. The NYCFC stadium would be in the park, and the Mets would give up some of their parking to NYCFC.

Its like people can't even bother to read the thread before posting....

Can we please stop bringing up the exact same locations that have already been discussed? Especially if you have nothing new to add to the conversation.

What are those other stadiums at the bottom of the map? By Perimeter Road?
I'm not really familiar with the area around Citi.

Its like people can't even bother to read the thread before posting....

Can we please stop bringing up the exact same locations that have already been discussed? Especially if you have nothing new to add to the conversation.
I was just about to suggest a location in one of the 5 boroughs, should I go back a couple pages?

Reactions: Goodfella
I was just about to suggest a location in one of the 5 boroughs, should I go back a couple pages?

Is it?

Pier 40
Just south of yankee stadium
Belmont park
Aqueduct
Aviator sports aka floyd bennet field
Governors island
Flushing meadows
Next to citi field
LIC
Brooklyn Navy Yard
Coney Island
Stillwell avenue MTA hub
Icahn Stadium or somewhere else on the island
Roosevelt island
Hostos Community college
Columbias sports facility
Brooklyn Rail yards by barclays
Red Hook
by the army terminal in brooklyn
Central Park
Prospect Park

Then no, we got ya covered.

Is it?

Pier 40
Belmont park
Aqueduct
Governors island
Flushing meadows
Next to citi field
LIC
Brooklyn Navy Yard
Coney Island
Stillwell avenue MTA hub
Roosevelt island
Hostos Community college
Red Hook
Central Park
Prospect Park

Central park. I just can't even...

Is it?

Pier 40
Belmont park
Aqueduct
Governors island
Flushing meadows
Next to citi field
LIC
Brooklyn Navy Yard
Coney Island
Stillwell avenue MTA hub
Roosevelt island
Hostos Community college
Red Hook
Central Park
Prospect Park

Maybe this should be a stickied post at the top of every page of this thread.

THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED. DON'T POST ABOUT THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME NEW INFORMATION ON THE SITE.

Pier 40
Just south of Yankee stadium
Belmont park
Aqueduct
Aviator sports aka Floyd Bennett field
Governors island
Flushing meadows
Next to Citi Field
LIC
Brooklyn Navy Yard
Coney Island
Stillwell Avenue MTA hub
Roosevelt island
Hostos Community college
Columbia's sports facility
Brooklyn Rail yards by Barclays
Red Hook
by the army terminal in Brooklyn
Central Park
Prospect Park

@NYCFC_Dan @einwindir is that possible?

Is it?

Pier 40
Belmont park
Aqueduct
Governors island
Flushing meadows
Next to citi field
LIC
Brooklyn Navy Yard
Coney Island
Stillwell avenue MTA hub
Roosevelt island
Hostos Community college
Red Hook
Central Park
Prospect Park

Sunnyside Rail Yards (close to LIC but not quite)
various spots along Newtown creek

Can we get a stadium built on the UN land? I mean soccer is the global game.
I work there and there really isn't much space south or not, really for a stadium. It'd be great, but just not enough space. I'll ask around if there've been inquiries. I'm gonna second whoever mentioned Pelham Bay Park for the stadium. Too much space.

I work there and there really isn't much space south or not, really for a stadium. It'd be great, but just not enough space. I'll ask around if there've been inquiries. I'm gonna second whoever mentioned Pelham Bay Park for the stadium. Too much space.
can't see the city giving up any park space, best chance of a 5 boro stadium deal is outright purchase of private property